Christian Benteke

Kwan

Would we really have only offered to put him on 40k a week? if that is the cast that is a piss take and no real surprise he would be looking to move on as he could earn knocking on double that elsewhere I should imagine.

Benteke is a special player and whilst I understand that we have to keep an eye on wages if you want to have a hope in hell of holding onto quality players you need to pay them the going rate.

I just hope this doesn't mean clubs will now make silly offers becaue they know he's handed in a transfer request :-(

He is still under contract for 3 years. We can tell em to **** off if e offer isn't high enough. The request might drop the price a bit, but a few clubs will want him, which helps, plus he gets nothing.

what an absolute prick, horrible mercenary, no loyalty! hopefully chelsea want him and we can swap him for lukaku! then he sits and rots on their bench and misses the world cup!! rocket polisher

Edited by markdell7

Quick question, why does him handing in TR mean villa will get a better price

It doesn't, but players get a slice of the transfer fee if they don't hand in a request.

Â