Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Like the rest of the team he was restricted in the second half and not allowed to play his game

He looked decent in the first half when he was given freedom to make runs and not told to camp on the edge of the penalty area

Victim of his versatily. Should not be seen at RB.

He and Bertrand were arguably our best players on the pitch today but I do agree, he needs to be given time to settle into midfield. Could become a really good player IMO

• Like 2

He and Bertrand were arguably our best players on the pitch today but I do agree, he needs to be given time to settle into midfield. Could become a really good player IMO

Where should he play is an interesting question. I like him as RB. He is strong and fast, and does not lose one-on-one battles. His positioning could be better sometimes, but he's doing well in my opinion. And it seems he's scoring from RB aswell.

I'm not quite sure of his ability to build up attacks, at times he gets nervous and seems not to be confident with the ball, and he's not necessarily the most technically gifted player (although he's not as poor as some here are saying). So, he's missing some things that are essential to a successful midfielder, which makes me think RB is his best place.

Edited by AVTuco

Has to play in midfield

Why do you think so dakid?

He can play at rb and wide but he has had his most effective performances in midfield. We don't have no one who can do what he does in midfield apart from Delph. He has pace, strength, stamina, can pass and score goals and we seem to get over run in midfield.

Good goal 

KEA was given break after WBA so really Bacuna should of been part of 3 man midfield instead due to how dodgy Lowton was ,Lowton was dropped and Bacuna put back to RB/ RWB

His mobility was missed in an easily overran midfield

Where should he play is an interesting question. I like him as RB. He is strong and fast, and does not lose one-on-one battles. His positioning could be better sometimes, but he's doing well in my opinion. And it seems he's scoring from RB aswell.

I'm not quite sure of his ability to build up attacks, at times he gets nervous and seems not to be confident with the ball, and he's not necessarily the most technically gifted player (although he's not as poor as some here are saying). So, he's missing some things that are essential to a successful midfielder, which makes me think RB is his best place.

Don't know if anybody else noticed but towards the end of the game he seemed to be full of confidence still and performed some stuff I didn't expect from him in a technical aspect.

2 players were closing him down and he did a Zidane roulette to get between them, also did one of those Ronaldo chop things on Baines I think it was which did him completely.

I reckon as he gets used to the league we will see more technical aspects of his game, his finish today was as good as any I've seen from strikers in the box this season - from a tight angle too.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

I kind of wish people wouldn't view him as a squad player, it's a term I hear used to describe him all too often, I personally think he's one of our best players from what he's shown. Versatile yes, but not a squad player that can come off the bench and fill in. His pace and strength is a great asset along with his vision. With Delph I think he's one of our best players and I wouldn't play him anywhere other than CM if it wasn't for Lowton throwing a wobbly this year

• Like 1

Throw him in the middle of the park FFS.

He could seriously be our 'Osman' kind of player. By which I mean, not a world beater but can still be solid, a pain to other teams, and creep up with the odd goal.

His first touch really lets him down IMO.

Oh and he, and Lowton, should take over set piece duties.

Don't know if anybody else noticed but towards the end of the game he seemed to be full of confidence still and performed some stuff I didn't expect from him in a technical aspect.

2 players were closing him down and he did a Zidane roulette to get between them, also did one of those Ronaldo chop things on Baines I think it was which did him completely.

I reckon as he gets used to the league we will see more technical aspects of his game, his finish today was as good as any I've seen from strikers in the box this season - from a tight angle too.

I didn't notice this, what was I doing?

It is definitely possible that he becomes a good midfielder. What I meant to say was that what I've seen so far suggests that he is a fine RB. I'm comfortable seeing him there. Lowton's not so great defending may have an effect on my opinion though.