Jores Okore

Jesperchr

He looks the absolute balls on that Chelsea video

Admittedly I don't know much about him but he comes with a decent reputation for one so young

A spine of okore sylla and benteke could be great, strong young and energetic.beasts who can also play football.

A little experience now Lambert please.Just a little

The manager has already said experience won't be bought it will be developed.

Admittedly I don't know much about him but he comes with a decent reputation for one so young

A spine of okore sylla and benteke could be great, strong young and energetic.beasts who can also play football.

He didn't say that as such though did he? Did he not say he wants hungry young players who want to play for the club, and for whom money isn't the concern? In modern day football, that equates to the same thing, but if a 27 year old who really wanted to play for us was available I don't believe he'd rule him out based on age

Wonder whats selling our club so well that players as coveted as Okore are happy to sign.

There's probably no other club in top flight European football as attractive for young, unestablished players as we are. They're all looking at Benteke's success and wanting it for themselves. The potential issue there is the same one we've seen with Arsenal, though, in that once they've had a good season or 2, they'll want to be off. That's only a problem if they're not adequately replaced

Thats the trick......keep the conveyor belt rolling. standstill i.e stop signing for a few seasons and you are dead. Keep to the blueprint.

.....be Dynamic not Static.

• Like 1

this could turn out to be a totally amazing signing, we now have okore and vlaar as likely starters with clark and baker as backup. clark and baker will be pushing the other two very very hard for a first team place too. great stuff, competition for places and 4 decent players for the 2CB slots finally. okore, clark and baker are all very young too so you'd think in a couple of years time the first choice pairing would be two from those 3 and they'd have had oodles of time playign together in the meantime.

yes!

Wonder whats selling our club so well that players as coveted as Okore are happy to sign.

There's probably no other club in top flight European football as attractive for young, unestablished players as we are. They're all looking at Benteke's success and wanting it for themselves. The potential issue there is the same one we've seen with Arsenal, though, in that once they've had a good season or 2, they'll want to be off. That's only a problem if they're not adequately replaced

Thats the trick......keep the conveyor belt rolling. standstill i.e stop signing for a few seasons and you are dead. Keep to the blueprint.

absolutely, and hopefully the academy will keep turning out more gabby's, weimann's, clark's, baker's....

if there's a critical mass of players who have 2 good seasons together at the same time we'll be high enough up the league to convince a few to stick around and have more pulling power in signing new talent.

• Like 1

Okore as a likely starter? Hmmmm

He'll certainly be our first choice with Vlaar

absolutely, and hopefully the academy will keep turning out more gabby's, weimann's, clark's, baker's....

if there's a critical mass of players who have 2 good seasons together at the same time we'll be high enough up the league to convince a few to stick around and have more pulling power in signing new talent.

It'd be nice if we  could get a big, strong, reliable CB out of the academy - but it doesn't look like we're set up to bring that kind of player through sadly

Okore have told the Danish media, that the whole package that Villa had offert him is the main reason why he came. The manager, future prospects, training facillities etc.

By the Way, if not mentioned before, FC Norsjælland rejected a late offer from Everton, in respect of the negotiations they had with Villa

• Like 1

I think Baker has a small chance but I'd be surprised if our first choice central pairing wasn't Vlaar & Okore once everything settles down. I think I'd be concerned if I was Clark, although his injury makes it less clear whether it is he or Baker in pole position.

He didn't say that as such though did he? Did he not say he wants hungry young players who want to play for the club, and for whom money isn't the concern? In modern day football, that equates to the same thing, but if a 27 year old who really wanted to play for us was available I don't believe he'd rule him out based on age

Pete... He did say it in answer to people scammering for experience. I know he said it... but think it was on the "sky show" with Alan McAnally before the Dortmund/Bayern Game.

If you can get a copy of it is was very open on the inner thoughts of PL.....It is clear the Dortmund influence is prevalent.

As much as i have great respect for the virtues of experience i think Lambert is spot on..... "develop your experience with us" that was what he mooted.

I think Baker has a small chance but I'd be surprised if our first choice central pairing wasn't Vlaar & Okore once everything settles down. I think I'd be concerned if I was Clark, although his injury makes it less clear whether it is he or Baker in pole position.

I'd say so too. Lambert rates both Clark and Baker, he's said so on more than one occassion. They will get their chances and they know it, it's been about squads for a loooong time now at the top rather than first eleven and it's brilliant that now we look to be building a squad with competition for places all over the pitch.

• Like 1

Pete... He did say it in answer to people scammering for experience. I know he said it... but think it was on the "sky show" with Alan McAnally before the Dortmund/Bayern Game.

If you can get a copy of it is was very open on the inner thoughts of PL.....It is clear the Dortmund influence is prevalent.

As much as i have great respect for the virtues of experience i think Lambert is spot on..... "develop your experience with us" that was what he mooted.

Must take a look for that. I still don't believe that he views that as the only approach. He signed Vlaar (26), Guzan (27) and El Ahmedi (27) remember

I'd say so too. Lambert rates both Clark and Baker, he's said so on more than one occassion. They will get their chances and they know it, it's been about squads for a loooong time now at the top rather than first eleven and it's brilliant that now we look to be building a squad with competition for places all over the pitch.

The thing about Clark and Baker is that between them they can cover each of the 4 defensive positions which makes them very valuable to us

Edited by P3te

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the future at Villa looks so exciting.

Kids growing together may show a few hairy moments because thats what developing throws up

but the Buzz and effervescence of a bunch of hungry kids proving to the world that THEY ARE good enough.... just blows me away.

Edited by TRO

That's quite an exaggeration. We seem to be doing things the right way and promoting young talent but we are not the only top flight club in Europe with this policy. If fact you could say we are ourselves copying Dortmund.  

If you'd said the only Premier League club then I'd agree with you. 

Â