Jores Okore

Jesperchr

h2o3s7i.png

Credit to Lambert for waiting until he was ready to play him, and giving him his chance when the opportunity arose.

Great management.

Lambert was pretty much forced into playing him, if it wasn't for our injuries woes Jores would still be sitting on the bench. 

Excellent signing however. 

Oh behave yourself. Jores has been amazing but our defence in general has this season for the most part. Jores was rightfully 5th choice, not based on quality but based on fitness. At the end of the day if the team is playing well, even a player like Jores should sit out if players in his position are playing well.

I'm not sure i agree with this. 

In the 7 games before Okore started we let in 12 goals and the clean sheet against west ham was down to guzan and poor finishing not good defending.

Lambert was pretty much forced into playing him, if it wasn't for our injuries woes Jores would still be sitting on the bench. 

Oh behave yourself. Jores has been amazing but our defence in general has this season for the most part. Jores was rightfully 5th choice, not based on quality but based on fitness. At the end of the day if the team is playing well, even a player like Jores should sit out if players in his position are playing well.

I'm saying Lambert didn't have any choice but to play him when he did, there were no other options for us. I'm not saying Jores should have started first choice, but I don't agree his form is down to great management (although I never stated him not playing was down to bad management). 

I'm not sure i agree with this. 

In the 7 games before Okore started we let in 12 goals and the clean sheet against west ham was down to guzan and poor finishing not good defending.

12 goals of which 8 came against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City.  I'm not sure Okore would've made a world of difference in those games if I'm honest.

I'm saying Lambert didn't have any choice but to play him when he did, there were no other options for us. I'm not saying Jores should have started first choice, but I don't agree his form is down to great management (although I never stated him not playing was down to bad management). 

Apologies. It read to me like you were implying, like others were a while back, that Lambert was deliberately leaving him out.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

It was a tough opposition granted, and okore might not have made much difference.  I just don't really agree our defence was playing really well and therefore okore was rightly kept out of the team.

So honestly, who would you have dropped out for a player with very little Premier League experience who had just recovered from a serious injury? Jores has got amazing potential and is playing brilliantly but who is to say if we had brought him in early he would have done so well?

He may not have.  I just don't think you can argue that the defence was playing really well and it was right he wasn't considered until there was no one else.

Either way it doesn't really matter.  He's in the team now and playing incredibly well.

It was a tough opposition granted, and okore might not have made much difference. I just don't really agree our defence was playing really well and therefore okore was rightly kept out of the team.

So honestly, who would you have dropped out for a player with very little Premier League experience who had just recovered from a serious injury? Jores has got amazing potential and is playing brilliantly but who is to say if we had brought him in early he would have done so well?

I would have played Okore before Baker and Clark. Okore has buckets more potential, Baker and Clark have shown through the years that they're prone to mistakes and Okore should have only been behind Vlaar and Senderos, in my opinion.

We were told Okore wasn't ready for the first team, but not just through fitness, through ability/application. We knew he was fit as he was playing for the national team.

Since he's come into the side, he's not looked like a player that hasn't been ready or is suffering from confidence/ post-injury nerves. Sanchez looked 'not ready' for a while, but Lambert played him. Bennett didn't look ready, and we played him for a whole season (even though Clark or Baker could have probably done better at left back), and yet Lambert decided that Okore wasn't ready and put him at 5th choice centreback.

Lambert should be praised for our recent form and for signing Okore. But in my eyes, he made a mistake in judging Okore to not be ready.

• Like 2

It was a tough opposition granted, and okore might not have made much difference. I just don't really agree our defence was playing really well and therefore okore was rightly kept out of the team.

I would have played Okore before Baker and Clark. Okore has buckets more potential, Baker and Clark have shown through the years that they're prone to mistakes and Okore should have only been behind Vlaar and Senderos, in my opinion.

We were told Okore wasn't ready for the first team, but not just through fitness, through ability/application. We knew he was fit as he was playing for the national team.

Since he's come into the side, he's not looked like a player that hasn't been ready or is suffering from confidence/ post-injury nerves. Sanchez looked 'not ready' for a while, but Lambert played him. Bennett didn't look ready, and we played him for a whole season (even though Clark or Baker could have probably done better at left back), and yet Lambert decided that Okore wasn't ready and put him at 5th choice centreback.

Lambert should be praised for our recent form and for signing Okore. But in my eyes, he made a mistake in judging Okore to not be ready.

Haven't both Baker and Clark proved that theory wrong though already this season?

Nothing, compared to last year they looked really excellent, even I wrote them both off last year.

Had Lambert dropped either of them after the displays, it would have damaged morale in the group.

What I think rob is saying though, is that with the injuries we suffered, okore should have been given the nod before both Clark and Baker, to which I actually agree! :)

• Like 2

Nothing, compared to last year they looked really excellent, even I wrote them both off last year.

Had Lambert dropped either of them after the displays, it would have damaged morale in the group.

What I think rob is saying though, is that with the injuries we suffered, okore should have been given the nod before both Clark and Baker, to which I actually agree! :)

If that's the case then I do agree with that. The reality is though neither did deserve dropping.

• Like 1

Who does he drop?

You avoided the question.

I think he could have dropped any of them. The defence was not playing very well for a good run of games. Senderos, Clark and baker showed decent moments during games but the defence was still leaking a lot of goals and letting the opposition have good chances.

Â