Jores Okore

Jesperchr

To me he is Brenda Lee, now I guess many of you will not know Brenda Lee, be she was a '60's female vocalist. She was my mom's favourite. Dad liked Sinatra. Sometimes Dad would put Sinatra on the Stereogram, (remember them) and leave the arm up, so it played over and over. Sometimes he would have a drink and doze off, and it would just keep repeating. Then Mom bought too many rivers, by Brenda Lee. It was like a bresh of fresh air to listen to something different as a 6 year old. 

Brenda Lee is my Jores Okore. 

Now I'll explain.

For years I have listened to commentators say when we are playing Man U ,thing's like 

Vidic is lucky not to get a card

Vidic is lucky there

I'm surprised that's not a booking

That was clearly a foul and possibly a booking.

On another day that's a red card. 

Agbonlahor has clearly been pulled back. 

He's a lucky lucky boy there.

Well today I heard, and have heard plenty of times in the past few weeks

Nicely tidied up by Okore

Cleared by Okore

Tidied up by Okore

Okore forced him back

Okore showed great speed there.

Infact I think those are the tracks on side 2 of Brenda Lee's first album

I have had a beer or 2.

• Like 2

Why the hell are we talking about selling him already??

Because like Benteke he is clearly destined for better things.  I don't want to sell him, but for a club like us it's about selling gems we find like him for big money and reinvesting into the team.  We're not going to do it by Lerner investing money anymore so it's the way we will need to progress.

Because like Benteke he is clearly destined for better things.  I don't want to sell him, but for a club like us it's about selling gems we find like him for big money and reinvesting into the team.  We're not going to do it by Lerner investing money anymore so it's the way we will need to progress.

There's enough money in the Premier League to keep hold of players and progress around them.  The problem we had previously is that we'd completely overspent and ruined our stability.  People saying stuff like "sign him up on huge wages!" haven't grasped quite how bad that could be for us.

For a club like us, it's about finding gems and improving the position from then on.  If a big money offer comes in from a team that we simply can't compete with, that's when we need to reinvest.  At the moment, I think that's possible (maybe not likely though :D) but it simply wasn't the case, say, 2 years ago because of how badly we were being run.

• Like 2

There's enough money in the Premier League to keep hold of players and progress around them.  The problem we had previously is that we'd completely overspent and ruined our stability.  People saying stuff like "sign him up on huge wages!" haven't grasped quite how bad that could be for us.

For a club like us, it's about finding gems and improving the position from then on.  If a big money offer comes in from a team that we simply can't compete with, that's when we need to reinvest.  At the moment, I think that's possible (maybe not likely though :D) but it simply wasn't the case, say, 2 years ago because of how badly we were being run.

I love it when people articulate a response far better than I could myself. Bobzy, you are in charge now of responding on my behalf. How much will this cost me?

• Like 1

It doesn't matter about the money in the premier league.  Top class players do not want to stay at a club like ours.  I'm not suggesting selling him and I don't think he will be going to a top team this summer or even next but at some point I think, like Benteke, this guy will have top clubs showing an interest in him.  Also like Benteke, i think we will make a big profit on him and that's important for a club like ours to continue building. 

h2o3s7i.png

Credit to Lambert for waiting until he was ready to play him, and giving him his chance when the opportunity arose.

Great management.

Lambert was pretty much forced into playing him, if it wasn't for our injuries woes Jores would still be sitting on the bench. 

Excellent signing however. 

h2o3s7i.png

Credit to Lambert for waiting until he was ready to play him, and giving him his chance when the opportunity arose.

Great management.

Lambert was pretty much forced into playing him, if it wasn't for our injuries woes Jores would still be sitting on the bench. 

Excellent signing however. 

Oh behave yourself. Jores has been amazing but our defence in general has this season for the most part. Jores was rightfully 5th choice, not based on quality but based on fitness. At the end of the day if the team is playing well, even a player like Jores should sit out if players in his position are playing well.

It doesn't matter about the money in the premier league.  Top class players do not want to stay at a club like ours.  I'm not suggesting selling him and I don't think he will be going to a top team this summer or even next but at some point I think, like Benteke, this guy will have top clubs showing an interest in him.  Also like Benteke, i think we will make a big profit on him and that's important for a club like ours to continue building. 

Well yes and no.  Your original point was that we can only progress by finding gems and selling them - this just isn't the case.  There's enough money in the Premier League to find gems, keep them and still spend on a squad.

However, are Okore and Benteke (since named) likely to move to a bigger club in the future if they continue in this manner and we don't progress accordingly?  More than likely, yes.

• Like 1

Well yes and no.  Your original point was that we can only progress by finding gems and selling them - this just isn't the case.  There's enough money in the Premier League to find gems, keep them and still spend on a squad.

However, are Okore and Benteke (since named) likely to move to a bigger club in the future if they continue in this manner and we don't progress accordingly?  More than likely, yes.

Sorry, i shouldn't have made it come across like it's the only way for the club to progress.  But it's unlikely we will spend a huge amount during summer transfer windows.  Selling a quality player for big money gives us a huge income boost for a particular transfer window that we wouldn't normally get.  

Â