Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

I'd rather this "big signing" Danlanza talks about was Benteke signing up to a new contract.

The most reliable source out there, Mat Kendrick, has said the club aren't interested in Belhanda and he's consistently been saying that since day one.

If the big signing is Belhanda (or another name that is fairly well-known across Europe), then it could tempt Benteke to sign a new contract anyway!

So I'd rather it was Belhanda.

While we are all flailing around blindly in the smoke I will say this too.

Belhanda being another French speaker will likely to be a mate of Benteke (along with Sylla and N'Zogbia) which again will make him feel more settled/happy

Well pretty much all the self-proclaimed reliable ITK Villa fans on Twitter are all saying it's a complete none starter. 

I hope it comes off just to shove it in their faces. Specially Steve Chunt (@astvil123).... god that dude is so annoying.

Amen. The kid is actually starting to get a little too cocky.

• Like 1

Well pretty much all the self-proclaimed reliable ITK Villa fans on Twitter are all saying it's a complete none starter. 

I hope it comes off just to shove it in their faces. Specially Steve Chunt (@astvil123).... god that dude is so annoying.

Amen. The kid is actually starting to get a little too cocky.

I thought it was only me that thought that, I think he is a bit of a prick, dont get me wrong im curious about all things Villa so I like reading some of his tweets, but i like reading alot of people tweets. But he makes himself out as some kind of gospel, as if he KNOWS everything that goes on behind the scenes. 

Belhanda being another French speaker will likely to be a mate of Benteke (along with Sylla and N'Zogbia) which again will make him feel more settled/happy

Yeah because the French don't have a history of arguing with each other over the minutest thing do they :mrgreen:

• Like 1

Yeah because the French don't have a history of arguing with each other over the minutest thing do they :mrgreen:

Maybe we've seen how well it has worked up in Newcastle... :P
  • Like 1

Not to mention the French and the Belgians.

• Like 1

£10 bet says we don't sign Belhanda? Anyone?

I genuinely believe this is bullshit. Not that I don't think the club is capable of making a big signing this summer, I just don't think Belhanda is it. 

Why would people bet that he will sign.... no one is saying he will join.

Were hoping, and discussing the matter. Its not a massive call saying he wont sign either.

I genuinely believe this is bullshit. Not that I don't think the club is capable of making a big signing this summer, I just don't think Belhanda is it. 

Why would people bet that he will sign.... no one is saying he will join.

Were hoping, and discussing the matter. Its not a massive call saying he wont sign either.

Yeah I know. It's no big deal. But I also bet £10 that when we don't sign him (because I think we're not even in for him) there will be someone who uses it as an opportunity to moan. I will make a further £10 bet that we do make a signing in the AM position, for a high transfer fee. And a £3 bet that that person is Hiroshi Kiyatake, who excites me more than Belhanda.

I know very little about either player, other than on youtube Belhanda took lots of shots and most hit the post and Kiyotake took lots of shots and shimmys and the shots went in. I think this is a poor amount of information to judge any player on but **** it, very few of us actually know what we're talking about. 

Edited by praisedmambo

I do not think we will sign him

However i would be over the moon if we did. Looks an exciting talent

Yeah I know. It's no big deal. But I also bet £10 that when we don't sign him (because I think we're not even in for him) there will be someone who uses it as an opportunity to moan. I will make a further £10 bet that we do make a signing in the AM position, for a high transfer fee. And a £3 bet that that person is Hiroshi Kiyatake, who excites me more than Belhanda.

I'm not sure how these "bets" are going to work - are you going to put money on with a bookies (maybe some early new business for dafabet)?

It's more customary to promise the money to Villatalk.

I'm not sure how these "bets" are going to work - are you going to put money on with a bookies (maybe some early new business for dafabet)?

It's more customary to promise the money to Villatalk.

I admit that bit wasn't very well thought through. I was also being a bit silly.