Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

For the moment my opinion is for a safe 12th and another decent cup run, with anything above that being most welcome.

You seriously won't be disappointed if we can get a top 10 finish next season? We were 2 points off 12th this season. I know there's a lot of new additions but we're not going to be as unorganised as we were during the 1st half of last season where things were all over the place. We didn't even look the same team at all for the last 4 months of the season.

Other teams are going to strengthen or at least try but other teams are going to fall as well. West Brom won't finish as high this coming season imo. You say about Newcastle improving, I highly doubt it with what's going on internally with Kinnear. Undermining the manager and such.

I'm hoping for top 10, I'll be disappointed if we don't get there without Belhanda let alone if we sign him. I suppose this optimism does rely on retaining Benteke though.

• Like 2

You seriously won't be disappointed if we can get a top 10 finish next season? We were 2 points off 12th this season. I know there's a lot of new additions but we're not going to be as unorganised as we were during the 1st half of last season where things were all over the place. We didn't even look the same team at all for the last 4 months of the season.

Other teams are going to strengthen or at least try but other teams are going to fall as well. West Brom won't finish as high this coming season imo. You say about Newcastle improving, I highly doubt it with what's going on internally with Kinnear. Undermining the manager and such.

I'm hoping for top 10, I'll be disappointed if we don't get there without Belhanda let alone if we sign him. I suppose this optimism does rely on retaining Benteke though.

I'd be very happy if we finished in the top 10. As long as we show improvement in attack, in defence, in being able to hold on to a lead and we're not threatened by relegation around February then I'd be happy wherever we finish!

I try not to make too bold a set of predictions in case I end up disappointed. I'm sure other sets of fans are saying stuff like Benteke wont have a strong a second year for us, or other reasosn why we may not imrpove next season. Each club has their potential reasons why they may improve or falter. I'm just taking the cautious approach with regards to ours.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

For the moment my opinion is for a safe 12th and another decent cup run, with anything above that being most welcome.

Why ??????? - The same people are doing the organising ?

Whilst defensivley we looked better after Jan - we were still very easy to score against. Really not sure the defence will be much improved come August.

Whilst defensivley we looked better after Jan - we were still very easy to score against. Really not sure the defence will be much improved come August.

Because the players and new staff will have a full pre-season together.

The new manager has the squad closer to his own personal vision of what he wants now opposed to inheriting players bought in from 3 different managers prior.

Lambert clearly at the start of the season wasn't sure what to think on a lot of the players but by they end of the season you were seeing him find the players he's happy with and wants the team to progress with.

Okore will help strengthen the defence but I'd be surprised if we don't bring at least another player in to help with that. In regards to the defence it takes time and organisation.

• Like 1

Because most of the players have a year's experience under their belt.

Because last season we didn't find a formation that suited us until about January. This year we'll have that stable set up from the start (hopefully)

Because Lambert will have a better idea of who his best XI is so we'll have a more consistent team.

Because we've signed 2 more defenders who might (emphasis on might) improve the defence.

Because we've got a better goalkeeper than we did at the start of last season.

Because we (hopefully) won't have Vlaar (an organiser) out for a large part of the start of the season.

There's plenty of maybes and hopefullys in there. But there really are quite a lot of reasons why we MAY well be "more organised" going into next season than we were at the start of last season.

• Like 3

The thing i am liking about Belhanda is that he started out as a CDM, and he can get stuck in and tackle as well as being quite strong! The complete opposite to Stephen Ireland!!!

One of my favourite things about Ireland was his ability to win the ball back quickly and put the opposition under pressure.

Sounds like the lad may have opted to double his take home pay and have to play to about 50% his potential in Abu Dhabi.

Shame when young lads choose to do this. Saying that can you really blame them?

Personal/professional pride Vs $$$$ and a better lifestyle whilst putting in half the effort.

Still don't believe we were ever seriously in for him to begin with.

Because the players and new staff will have a full pre-season together.

The new manager has the squad closer to his own personal vision of what he wants now opposed to inheriting players bought in from 3 different managers prior.

Lambert clearly at the start of the season wasn't sure what to think on a lot of the players but by they end of the season you were seeing him find the players he's happy with and wants the team to progress with.

Okore will help strengthen the defence but I'd be surprised if we don't bring at least another player in to help with that. In regards to the defence it takes time and organisation.

They a full pre season last season (in defence only bennett arrived late on)

The squad probably isn't Lamberts personal vision - its more likley the one Randy will finance.

Yes a defence takes time - but not months and months of conceeding soft goals. I often quote how quickly Roy Hodgon turned a leaky defence into a tight one at WBA - it took around 3 weeks (same players).

Still see us being weak at the back next season TBH - this will be our undoing IMO

Jesus how many reports does it take to convince people this is not happening?

Until there's official announcement? I'm not believing any "reports" or "rumours" unless it's official from any of the clubs involved.

• Like 1

Jesus how many reports does it take to convince people this is not happening?

Until there's official announcement? I'm not believing any "reports" or "rumours" unless it's official from any of the clubs involved.

Yes but in the complete absence of any substance, why think it was ever happening at all?