Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Belhanda is too mainstream for Lambert...

I agree, but i think we need one mainstream player to tempt Bentekke to stay.

While as villa fans most of us are delighted with the approach lambert is taking with transfers of young hungry players. If your a class indemand player id say you wouldnt be that impressed.

I don't think Lambert would start splashing out money on a certain player just to keep Benteke happy.

He'd be mad not to, IMO.

Buying a class player to keep one of the top strikers in Europe happy doesn't sound too silly does it?

I can see the logic behind your argument, but I don't agree.

Just because we've struck gold with Benteke, it doesn't suddenly make us a club that should be investing high transfer fees and wages into other players. Lambert's remit from day one has been to bring in young players, cheaply, and improve them. If Benteke becomes too good for us, then we re-invest the funds into more promising players and "go again".

So as soon as a player becomes 'too good' then we sell him and re-invest? Sounds a lot like Wigan.

I agree to an extent that in some cases we should be selling players if they dont want to be here, but at some point you may have to bite the bullet and make the c**** happy so they stay. We've spent the last 3/4 seasons selling our best players, look how that's turned out..

If signing a really good player for 10m makes Benteke put pen to paper, then do it. 

We've also spent the past 6/7 seasons spending £10m and above on various players, and that didn't turn out particularly well either. And it wasn't enough to make the likes of Young & Milner stay either.

Unfortunately, we're not at the level to be able to offer a decent contract to one of Europe's most promising players.

I didn't make those bets. I really was pre-empting someone moaning if Belhanda signs for someone shit.

Brilliant.

We're now not just moaning at fans who express a negative view we're setting up the chance to do it before they even express those views.

It's like the Batman symbol in the sky! Mention a 'moan' and BJ10 appears!

;)

• Like 2

Belhanda is too mainstream for Lambert...

I agree, but i think we need one mainstream player to tempt Bentekke to stay.

While as villa fans most of us are delighted with the approach lambert is taking with transfers of young hungry players. If your a class indemand player id say you wouldnt be that impressed.

I don't think Lambert would start splashing out money on a certain player just to keep Benteke happy.

He'd be mad not to, IMO.

Buying a class player to keep one of the top strikers in Europe happy doesn't sound too silly does it?

How long will it keep him happy though? He will be gone next season if he replicates what he did this season.

I didn't make those bets. I really was pre-empting someone moaning if Belhanda signs for someone shit.

Brilliant.

We're now not just moaning at fans who express a negative view we're setting up the chance to do it before they even express those views.

57624.gif

Haha

Hilarious.

That's literally all I see when I read one of your posts now.

You could write down the cure for AIDs and I'd miss it because all I hear is a baby crying and see that face.

CHEER UP! :D

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Brilliant.

57624.gif

Haha

Hilarious.

I thought so...

£10 bet says we don't sign Belhanda? Anyone?

I genuinely believe this is bullshit. Not that I don't think the club is capable of making a big signing this summer, I just don't think Belhanda is it. 

Out of interest what odds are you offering?

Because if its 1/1 you are actually saying you are fairly confident this will go through

That's literally all I see when I read one of your posts now.

You could write down the cure for AIDs and I'd miss it because all I hear is a baby crying and see that face.

CHEER UP! :D

I'm very happy.

I love every single signing we've made and I'm more excited about this season than I've been for a long time. I don't think I've moaned about a single thing so far. Very happy with the way lambert finished the season and I'm optimistic for the future.

Like last season though I just hate the way some are jumped on for expressing a negative view. And in this case it was actually moaning about people who he thinks are going to moan if this deal doesn't go through. It's ridiculous.

Brilliant.

57624.gif

Haha

Hilarious.

I thought so...

I am surprised.

If we signed this guy and he realised his potential, along with Okore, would we be looking at top 8 next???

Presuming we keep Benteke obviously...

All down to Benteke staying I think.

I'd say yes though.