Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

£10 bet says we don't sign Belhanda? Anyone?

I genuinely believe this is bullshit. Not that I don't think the club is capable of making a big signing this summer, I just don't think Belhanda is it. 

Why would people bet that he will sign.... no one is saying he will join.

Were hoping, and discussing the matter. Its not a massive call saying he wont sign either.

Yeah I know. It's no big deal. But I also bet £10 that when we don't sign him (because I think we're not even in for him) there will be someone who uses it as an opportunity to moan. I will make a further £10 bet that we do make a signing in the AM position, for a high transfer fee. And a £3 bet that that person is Hiroshi Kiyatake, who excites me more than Belhanda.

I know very little about either player, other than on youtube Belhanda took lots of shots and most hit the post and Kiyotake took lots of shots and shimmys and the shots went in. I think this is a poor amount of information to judge any player on but **** it, very few of us actually know what we're talking about. 

Where have you made these bets and to what odds? surely you cant be turning a profit, thats just if one comes in. Your going off a gut feeling right, why is it feasible that we sign Kiyotake and not Belhanda.

Regardless, why would anyone take that bet up with you.

Your right, you tube videos are not the best way to assess a player. Iv seen far more of Kiyotake but Im just as excited by the prospect of Belhanda. Either one would be hugely important for us and would be a great signal of intent. 

Well pretty much all the self-proclaimed reliable ITK Villa fans on Twitter are all saying it's a complete none starter. 

I hope it comes off just to shove it in their faces. Specially Steve Chunt (@astvil123).... god that dude is so annoying.

Amen. The kid is actually starting to get a little too cocky.

I thought it was only me that thought that, I think he is a bit of a prick, dont get me wrong im curious about all things Villa so I like reading some of his tweets, but i like reading alot of people tweets. But he makes himself out as some kind of gospel, as if he KNOWS everything that goes on behind the scenes. 

He is an attention seeker, pure and simple. He knows nothing what goes on at Villa. Zilch.

£10 bet says we don't sign Belhanda? Anyone?

I genuinely believe this is bullshit. Not that I don't think the club is capable of making a big signing this summer, I just don't think Belhanda is it. 

Why would people bet that he will sign.... no one is saying he will join.

Were hoping, and discussing the matter. Its not a massive call saying he wont sign either.

Yeah I know. It's no big deal. But I also bet £10 that when we don't sign him (because I think we're not even in for him) there will be someone who uses it as an opportunity to moan. I will make a further £10 bet that we do make a signing in the AM position, for a high transfer fee. And a £3 bet that that person is Hiroshi Kiyatake, who excites me more than Belhanda.

I know very little about either player, other than on youtube Belhanda took lots of shots and most hit the post and Kiyotake took lots of shots and shimmys and the shots went in. I think this is a poor amount of information to judge any player on but **** it, very few of us actually know what we're talking about. 

Where have you made these bets and to what odds? surely you cant be turning a profit, thats just if one comes in. Your going off a gut feeling right, why is it feasible that we sign Kiyotake and not Belhanda.

Regardless, why would anyone take that bet up with you.

Your right, you tube videos are not the best way to assess a player. Iv seen far more of Kiyotake but Im just as excited by the prospect of Belhanda. Either one would be hugely important for us and would be a great signal of intent. 

Yeah, a bit of gut and a bit of not believing the Montpellier chairman, not believing newspapers and believing ONE person's itk. It's as stupid a way of working out what is going on in Lambert's head as any. Kiyotake excites me more and I do believe Kendrick gets fed stuff from the club, which is what it felt like when he said we were not interested. Also, the few itk who were getting things right aslso said the Belhanda thing was bullshit.

I got excited about Brahimi last year and I feel a bit more wary now. This feels the same level of bullshit to me. 

I didn't make those bets. I really was pre-empting someone moaning if Belhanda signs for someone shit. 

Yeah, a bit of gut and a bit of not believing the Montpellier chairman, not believing newspapers and believing ONE person's itk. It's as stupid a way of working out what is going on in Lambert's head as any. Kiyotake excites me more and I do believe Kendrick gets fed stuff from the club, which is what it felt like when he said we were not interested. Also, the few itk who were getting things right aslso said the Belhanda thing was bullshit.

I got excited about Brahimi last year and I feel a bit more wary now. This feels the same level of bullshit to me. 

I didn't make those bets. I really was pre-empting someone moaning if Belhanda signs for someone shit. 

I suppose thats what being a fan is all about, gut feeling hope and second guessing. Wouldnt have it any other way. Fingers crossed we can get one of them, if not... im sure we will get someone else in. :)

ahh I get you know, I was a little lost ha!

Anyways, we can live in hope cant we.

EDIT: How annoying is quoting on this site, fills up half the page if you have quoted each other a few times.

Edited by SuperJonno

Brilliant.

We're now not just moaning at fans who express a negative view we're setting up the chance to do it before they even express those views.

• Like 1

Belhanda is too mainstream for Lambert...

I agree, but i think we need one mainstream player to tempt Bentekke to stay.

While as villa fans most of us are delighted with the approach lambert is taking with transfers of young hungry players. If your a class indemand player id say you wouldnt be that impressed.

Edited by HeyAnty

Brilliant.

We're now not just moaning at fans who express a negative view we're setting up the chance to do it before they even express those views.

Brilliant, because you're one of them who is going to do it. 

EDIT: There is nothing to worry about BigJohn, move on. 

Edited by praisedmambo

While as villa fans most of us are delighted with the approach lambert is taking with transfers of young hungry players. If your a class indemand player id say you wouldnt be that impressed.

I don't think Lambert would start splashing out money on a certain player just to keep Benteke happy.

Brilliant.

57624.gif

• Like 1

I don't think Lambert would start splashing out money on a certain player just to keep Benteke happy.

He'd be mad not to, IMO.

Buying a class player to keep one of the top strikers in Europe happy doesn't sound too silly does it?

EDIT: How annoying is quoting on this site, fills up half the page if you have quoted each other a few times.

It's even worse when using the mobile version (which I use on my phone and on my computer at work). I constantly find myself scrolling for ages through 'quote boxes', seeing single letters doing down the page.

He'd be mad not to, IMO.

Buying a class player to keep one of the top strikers in Europe happy doesn't sound too silly does it?

I can see the logic behind your argument, but I don't agree.

Just because we've struck gold with Benteke, it doesn't suddenly make us a club that should be investing high transfer fees and wages into other players. Lambert's remit from day one has been to bring in young players, cheaply, and improve them. If Benteke becomes too good for us, then we re-invest the funds into more promising players and "go again".

I think he will. Lambert has stated that keeping Bentekke is his number 1 priority. If it is then he will do what is necessary.

He'd be mad not to, IMO.

I can see the logic behind your argument, but I don't agree.

Just because we've struck gold with Benteke, it doesn't suddenly make us a club that should be investing high transfer fees and wages into other players. Lambert's remit from day one has been to bring in young players, cheaply, and improve them. If Benteke becomes too good for us, then we re-invest the funds into more promising players and "go again".

So as soon as a player becomes 'too good' then we sell him and re-invest? Sounds a lot like Wigan.

I agree to an extent that in some cases we should be selling players if they dont want to be here, but at some point you may have to bite the bullet and make the c**** happy so they stay. We've spent the last 3/4 seasons selling our best players, look how that's turned out..

If signing a really good player for 10m makes Benteke put pen to paper, then do it. 

Though I agree with the sentiment, that's the kind of short-termism that got us into trouble in the first place.  Quite aside from the fact that, sadly, it's never a guarantee player X will replicate said class elsewhere.