Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

£10m seems a bit steep for someone with just a year til he's a free agent !

Someone should've told Untied this when they spent £15m on Young with one year left.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by Wes

For those that are seriously out of the loop and don't know about Belhanda, he is a 23-year-old Moroccan international midfielder, although was born and raised in France and currently plays for Montpellier. He is in the final year of his contract there, which is why they will be willing to take a smaller fee (14-15m Euros) than what would've been asked if had a few years more remaining.

Many people see him as a unique talent based on the fact that he is not only strong and good with tackles like a typical defensive midfielder but he also has the ability to dribble past his opponents and score goals. He is extremely quick and agile as well as being able to see a good pass. Although mainly played in midfield, he has also played previously both as a defender and can also play as a winger. His versatility is incredible, which combined with his physicality and technical ability at such a young age, makes me wonder why Arsenal or Tottenham didn't buy him last year.

Although beginning his career primarily as a defensive midfielder, he now usually plays in an attacking role behind the striker, although does still retain the defensive role when needed.

In Ligue 1 2012/13 he scored 10 goals and got 3 assists in 30 appearances. He has 20 full International caps with 1 International goal.

Here are some YT videos as usual:

GOALS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdKKjx-0Lc0

ASSISTS/DRIBBLES ETC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSZkHTHiMTE

The potential of Belhanda and Benteke in our team together is scary, I really really cannot see this happening and if it did I believe it would be our biggest signing in years.

If somebody can find a good quality video of his chest/bicycle volley against Marseille I think that itself would win some of our fans over.

Sorry to quote this everyone but I wanted to say thank you directly.

Thanks.

He sounds like a mini Toure Yaya?

No problem guys, thank my ESPN subscription for giving me so much foreign football to watch.

Toure is a player you could liken him to definitely, although I'd say Belhanda has more of a tricky/flair game to him with his footwork and such (see the GIF of the bicycle kick I posted previously).

I genuinely thought more people knew of him, maybe its not as far-fetched a signing as I assumed. Time to pray.

There's always a rumour like this and we never sign them. In the last few years we've had threads on Sneijder and Falcao and that was when we were top 6. Can't see it.

Its widely known that MON chose Heskey over Falcao.

I genuinely thought more people knew of him, maybe its not as far-fetched a signing as I assumed. Time to pray.

I'd never heard of him (but that only proves that people who pay almost no attention to football outside the PL probably haven't heard of him).

There's always a rumour like this and we never sign them. In the last few years we've had threads on Sneijder and Falcao and that was when we were top 6. Can't see it.

Any sources so I can vomit after reading?

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/12/19/falcao-gotze-and-zidane-top-five-deals-which-could-have-been/

There'll be some others somewhere, just google it. 

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/12/19/falcao-gotze-and-zidane-top-five-deals-which-could-have-been/

When I read that my eyes just started to fill with tears....

Well... That particular link states that Villa had signed Heskey 6 months earlier. So, he did not choose Heskey over Falcao, he chose not to buy another striker.

Are you sure it wasn't someone called Falco? The idea of MON signing someone from as far away as Colombia makes my head spin.

Edited by Con