Drugs

PussEKatt

I was drunk the other night and got offered some LSD at 3am. Me being the idiot I am thought "hey why not, what's the worst that can happen?"...

For the first couple of hours it was a really good laugh, but then turned into the scariest and worst experience of my life. I actually thought I was going to die. Had absolutely no idea what I was doing, had no idea of my surroundings, in my mind I went to a different universe but somehow I managed to get home at 9am (no idea how). Then spent the whole day lay in bed, heart racing, clinging onto my phone in case I needed to contact someone to help. It was so surreal, all rational thinking goes completely out the window and I felt like I was forgetting to breath which brought on more panic.

No idea how people can do that for fun. Never again for me. It's amazing what a tiny piece of paper can do to the human mind. Scary stuff.

However, I'm glad for the experience. Learnt a few things about myself which was well needed. Lesson learnt that night.

LSD use should always be pre-planned, it should also be done in a group that contains people experienced in taking the drug. It is much safer that way.

• Like 3

I was drunk the other night and got offered some LSD at 3am. Me being the idiot I am thought "hey why not, what's the worst that can happen?"...

For the first couple of hours it was a really good laugh, but then turned into the scariest and worst experience of my life. I actually thought I was going to die. Had absolutely no idea what I was doing, had no idea of my surroundings, in my mind I went to a different universe but somehow I managed to get home at 9am (no idea how). Then spent the whole day lay in bed, heart racing, clinging onto my phone in case I needed to contact someone to help. It was so surreal, all rational thinking goes completely out the window and I felt like I was forgetting to breath which brought on more panic.

No idea how people can do that for fun. Never again for me. It's amazing what a tiny piece of paper can do to the human mind. Scary stuff.

However, I'm glad for the experience. Learnt a few things about myself which was well needed. Lesson learnt that night.

:crylaugh:

:crylaugh:

It weren't very funny at the time!!! However, it is now!

So now the people and perhaps addicts who relied on the quality and purity of product they purchased on Silk Road will now be trying to score back on the street corner...nice work, War on Drugs!  :thumb:

It'll be about as effective as shutting down torrent sites.

When there's tens of millions in profit for whoever sets up a replacement, you can bet that one (or more) will spring up shortly.

• 2 months later...

As this is quite an open forum I'm gonna post an exsperience I went through last night. I've taken cocaine for 12 years and I've been addicted for a while.I've got a 18 month old boy and another baby on way. I've tried various times to knock it on head but only manage to stay clean 2 or 3 months max. Anyway this has created huge tention on my relationship with my partner and I went to the doctors the other week who sent me to a clinic once a week after work where you just talk. Anyway that's going ok and he advised me to go n/a meetings aswel every friday. After changing my mind a thousand times I plucked up the courage to go last night and I've got to say it was one of the scariest things I've been involved in. I stood at the door for 5mins trying to force myself to go in and I eventually went in. Never been so nervous and felt a lot of anxiety. People in their from all walks of life and people you would never think were addicts.old and young, some nice lady saw that it was my first time and she sat me next to her which was nice of her. When the meeting started every one had to take turns saying their name as in “hi I'm emily and I'm an addict“ and Sat 14 Dec 2013 not believe how bad that made me feel and the reality of my situation hit home. It was so hard saying that. Anyway it was a really heavy situation and I felt like crawling under a rock all through the meeting while I was their.a bloke spoke for half hour about his life and addiction "prison 15 years" taking drugs from 11 and he's 41 now, sectioned 3 times,been in various mental institutions,homeless and living on streets for years,sharing needles with known hiv infected people but not caring because all that mattered was getting high,his violent upbringing and living in poverty in liverpool, suicide attemps depression etc.anyway he's been clean for 3 months which is nothing new for him.but the whole group congratulated him and said what an inspiration he was,which he is because the bloke should not be here and its a miracle he is.he don't want to use anymore but he's left with the damage of his upbringing and drug abuse. I had to walk out halfway through as it just got to much for me and wanted to get away from it. If truth be told I'm not quite ready for the meetings yet but they work miracles for people. Was a surreal moment in my life last night and a real eye opener.

• Like 3

Try to stick with a program. If you've been blasting coke for that long, you are taking a massive risk with your heart and brain. Try to replace the coke high with a running high, a workout high. It works for a lot of people. 

I clicked on this thread thinking someone had mentioned the news that Uruguay has legalized the production and sale of cannabis. Pretty amazing news, and a huge middle finger to Uncle Sam...Hopefully this emboldens countries like Bolivia and Peru to do the same, instead of bowing to pressure from Washington DC. 

• Like 1

best of luck Rugeley

My work brings me into contact with a large number of drug addicts and it taught me quite early on that there isn't a 'type' there isn't an age. There is no profile, some people can look utterly vanilla and hide it really well whereas other people wear it on their forehead like a neon sign.

One route I've seen is to take the money you would spend and stick it in a buidling society for the kids. £10 a go, £10 a time, slowly you'll look at that paying in book and get a buzz for the good thing you did.

Â