Drugs

PussEKatt

Alcohol the biggest trigger for me. Ye I got to try and do it for my family especially with another kid on way. Ye I go once a week to this place where I just talk to someone then I tried N/A friday night for first time but had to walk out as int ready for that yet I don't think

Alcohol the biggest trigger for me. Ye I got to try and do it for my family especially with another kid on way. Ye I go once a week to this place where I just talk to someone then I tried N/A friday night for first time but had to walk out as int ready for that yet I don't think

You should try psychotherapy, that's where you deal with the "why". Though some CBT at the start can help you get a handle on the triggers. I can hook you up with some resources you might not know about if it's not overstepping the mark. The NA isn't for everyone.

I guess my addiction wasn't just sex, it was a particular type of sex (legal I might add!). I woke up one day after a particularly hardcore session and made a commitment to living instead. It wasn't easy I assure you, I still masturbate three times a day! People laugh at it, I laugh at it now, but it was real at the time. It's a high, just like the coke and it was ruining my life.

• Like 1

You should try psychotherapy, that's where you deal with the "why". Though some CBT at the start can help you get a handle on the triggers. I can hook you up with some resources you might not know about if it's not overstepping the mark. The NA isn't for everyone.

I guess my addiction wasn't just sex, it was a particular type of sex (legal I might add!). I woke up one day after a particularly hardcore session and made a commitment to living instead. It wasn't easy I assure you, I still masturbate three times a day! People laugh at it, I laugh at it now, but it was real at the time. It's a high, just like the coke and it was ruining my life.

ye I'd be interested mate. Anything that could help me I'd look into.funnily enough I was reading about sex addiction last week.was just curious how it was to be a sex addict. I was quite a sexual person but now the cocaine and one or two other things has killed my sex drive. Still have sex but don't enjoy it like I should and kind of force myself into it. When I'm coked up though I'm sex mad ha.long use of cocaine eventually kills your sex drive and I'm guessing that's what's happend to me. Normal joys in life aint the same when your addicted to whatever. Cheers for that post mate, must add the bit about masturbation put a smile on my face after another depressing day at the villa

I girl who I work with died last night of a heroin overdose. She leaves behind a 2 year old, the father is not around. She got clean for the pregnancy and beyond, but couldn't resist the heroin in the end. Total waste, she was a real sweetheart of a girl. Terrible.

Awful news, all heroin addicts really need a clinic where they can go, have their fix safely and get some long term treatment.. I guess if you are a recovering addict there will always be that cloud and temptation hanging over you that you will relapse. 

Most of the documentaries I've seen about heron addiction, the majority of the addicts actually wanted to get clean and try and live a normal life, especially if they have a child. They should be given as much help as possible to achieve this. 

We have a weird attitude towards drug addicts, society doesn't like to deal with them, kind of like sweep it under the rug. Although that view is changing. 

Edited by AVFCforever1991

• 7 months later...

well ive been hitting the cocaine way more than i should the last few months, it started getting worse near the end of the missus pregnancy believe it or not. it was a concern for both of us but we both thought once the baby was here it would ease off a lot, how wrong was i because with the baby only three days old i was on it. and since the baby has arrived its got that bit worse. im at that point where i feel 100% addicted, ive always been addicted but sometimes its under control. along with feeling completely hooked im having terrible mood swings and im very irritable, my dealer got busted the other week which pissed me off because its decent gear off him but i got put intouch with some other geezer out of town and this stuff is really good. the last two weeks ive been having it off him and ive noticed because its stronger its made me more moody etc, yesterday i felt despair as is normal the day after the night before but today ive been in a foul mood to the point of rage. i think its time to hook up with a treatment plan again but they are so hard to stick to.

Easier said that done, but get clean mate. You've got to realise that your two kids, are more important than any high in the world. I'm not calling you a bad parent, and obviously I don't know you, beyond this board, but you must know you're only going to **** your life up if you carry on down this path. You could lose everything. Ask yourself is it worth it?

I wish you all the luck in the world. You've got the reason, now find the strength and determination. You can do it.   

• Like 1

Remember the despair and rage and everything you have to lose next time you feel like copping. Go for a run, work up a sweat and get the endorphins flowing through your bloodstream. It's a much cleaner high than putting god knows what up your nose. I speak from experience, I used to abuse drugs, cocaine included. Tell yourself you've had your days of fun, and leave it behind. Otherwise, it could very well ruin you. Feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

yeah well ive not been much of a daddy this weekend, because of friday night i have not been able to face the outside world which is typical for me after a night on the coke. so this weekend my lad has suffered and even the dog, spent all yesterday dropping in and out of sleep not having the energy to move off the sofa and today ive got a bit more energy but still have not been able to get my shit together. come tuesday it will all be forgotten and the craving will be full on again, first step is i need to stop drinking. cocaine addicts that drink will always use cocaine with the alcohol. i had a few beers in the pub after work friday, by time i got back i was feeling this sickly feeling i get when i need coke. anyway i had a line then went out with the dog but i was that overcome by the feeling of pleasure from that line i just felt on top of the world. thats the hard bit overcoming that feeling.

I used to drink too much, and smoke cigarettes. When I did cocaine, I'd just drink harder and smoke more. And sometimes get up to no good behavior. It's all just terrible. They all feed into each other. I'm 10 years drug free, 10 years nicotine free, and 3 years alcohol free. It's a like a grand piano has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel free. Keep trying to live clean. If you slip up, try again. I can't stress enough how vital exercise was for me to getting over the hump. And then just little things like cutting out junk food, eating more vegetables and fruits, drinking lots of water, and herbal tea. Small, healthy steps that restore a positive mentality. Try to find something to pursue, even if it's just reading books about a topic that interests you. Focus on your family. You could open a trust fund for your son, and every time you feel like buying drugs, smokes or booze, tally up what you would have spent on them, and put that money in the trust fund. 

as we speak a lad i used to go school with who lives five houses down from me is being carted off by the police. hes a cocaine addict himself but keeps it secret from his missus, hes got two kids one which is a newborn. anyway for the past half hour i have heard all this shouting so ive looked out the window and there are a few people outside his house, from what ive made out by listening is that hes gone for his missus and hes out of control. his missus and several other people are trying to get him out the house and now the police are here. its one of two things, shes found out hes using again or he could not get any stuff and hes lost it which is quite common. hes been on the piss watching his team liverpool, i will txt him tomorrow and see what went on ha but that shit ay no good infront of the kids.

I used to drink too much, and smoke cigarettes. When I did cocaine, I'd just drink harder and smoke more. And sometimes get up to no good behavior. It's all just terrible. They all feed into each other. I'm 10 years drug free, 10 years nicotine free, and 3 years alcohol free. It's a like a grand piano has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel free. Keep trying to live clean. If you slip up, try again. I can't stress enough how vital exercise was for me to getting over the hump. And then just little things like cutting out junk food, eating more vegetables and fruits, drinking lots of water, and herbal tea. Small, healthy steps that restore a positive mentality. Try to find something to pursue, even if it's just reading books about a topic that interests you. Focus on your family. You could open a trust fund for your son, and every time you feel like buying drugs, smokes or booze, tally up what you would have spent on them, and put that money in the trust fund. 

many things you have said there ive thought about doing, like everytime i want coke put the 40 quid in a savings for my kids. im scared to live without cocaine but i need to be more scared about living without my kids when the missus finally has enough.

• Like 1

Live 'clean' if you want to; don't if you don't.

There's a worryingly puritanical aspect to a lot of the posts on here.

if i wernt a parent it would not bother me but just dont want my kids seeing me like this and thinking its normal and okay to do it.

Â