Drugs

PussEKatt

Had to search her up. She seems like a total word removed to be honest. I guess she is not one of the more popular persons in the general public considering she was in X-Factor. Man shows like that are the absolute worst. Great set of tits though, hard to ignore that  :ph34r:

I've seen a few of my friends change as a result of drugs use and three of them have gotten admitted several times after having psychotic episodes. In every instance it has been as a result of prolonged periods where they have mixed all sort of drugs and hardly slept. I don't know the full extent of their use but certainly constant use of hash, amphetamine to come up and roofies to force sleep once in a while. Stuff like that would mess up the sanest mind in my opinion. It's this type of drug (ab)use that is dangerous.

I don't know how that sort of stuff can be avoided. Some people just want to wreck themselves. I'm all for legalization though. As it is now everyone is hurting from it, except the people making the money. It would be a whole lot better to have it out in the open and to educated people properly on it.

Edited by tarjei
  • Like 2

I think one of the biggest problems with drugs is the way they are portrayed through education and the media, which is actually reflected quite accurately in this thread.

People are brought up to believe that drugs are evil and will send you to the mad house, hospital or jail. When you try drugs and learn that they're effects are usually less severe than alcohol (remember when you were 14 and crawled home throwing up after 3 pints of Stella Artois) then you start to bring into question all that you've been told up until that point in time. And I think that's what gets people into trouble, because they then go on to try other drugs. As I say, this is demonstrated quite effectively in this thread, with many non users wildly overstating the effects of some drugs, through no fault of their own. 

Edited by Shillzz

People say cannabis is harmless, but it's not harmless. To a still developing brain, daily use of cannabis for 2-3 years will potentially **** you up.

Cannabis being dangerous has become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.

It's become a victim of its legal status and been bred unscrupulously to make some freakishly strong strains.

The difference between the Moroccan/Soap Bar of 20 odd years ago and the AK47/Bogbubbles of now is enormous.

It's a bit like comparing a pint of beer to a pint of scotch.

• Like 1

Whatever the drug of choice, there seem to be different mindsets at work. Those that like the occasional mild high, in a social context. And those that want the strongest shit possible, with the express intention of getting as wasted as possible, as fast as possible, for as long as possible.

I'm the former, have never understood the appeal of the latter.

I guess I must be boring.

Growers over the years has prioritized cannabis with lots of THC and lower levels of CBD to have the strongest in order to sell more = recipe for severe paranoia and psychological issues with long term use IMO.

People have lots of different opinions of drugs, many people have incorrect opinions too, based on ignorance of individual drugs.  

For example Herione and Coke are two completely different drugs, one is more addictive than the other, one is deemed a social drug (like alcohol or ecstacy) while the other is not.

I always wonder what effect legalising drugs like ecstacy for example would do. It’s quite clear from scientific and observation that it’s a less harmful drug than alcohol, both socially and biologically. The main acting agent in it is MDMA which is now considered to be hugely beneficial in treatment of depression and more and more studies are taking place.

Fwiw the only drug I take is alcohol, far too often excessively, but luckily/unluckily my personality doesn’t change with effects of drinking. I don’t get aggressive or messy or anything like that.

But I do wonder what damage to organised crime could be done by decriminalising Europe wide some drugs would do. People getting stoned at home or taking pills in night clubs is hardly going to harm anyone as much as the criminality does. But then we have the “gateway” drug debate too.

Still one does wonder.

• Like 2

My missus would be massively in favour of medical cannabis for her rheumatoid arthritis (she doesn't want to get back to smoking, as it's a gateway drug to tobacco).

• Like 1

During my teen years I had a group of friends that used to smoke weed almost every night (One of them had parents that seemingly turned a blind eye to them 'hanging out' in the garage every night). Anyway over the period of a couple of years I watched them all deteriorate massively. 

One lad in particular, was really bright with great prospects but turned into a waster who could barely string a sentence together. When he did speak it was so slow he looked like he was permanently stoned.

I always wonder what effect legalising drugs like ecstacy for example would do. It’s quite clear from scientific and observation that it’s a less harmful drug than alcohol, both socially and biologically. The main acting agent in it is MDMA which is now considered to be hugely beneficial in treatment of depression and more and more studies are taking place.

This intrigues me. Any good articles on it? My doctor once suggested I try it to treat depression, albeit cautiously and in kind of a nervous joking way. What about all the horror stories? I'm off to watch some documentaries.

friend of mine from school however did think he could fly after taking coke ( or whatever)

If this was the Bollitics thread that would be the equivalent of saying David Cameron is leader of the BNP (or whatever) i.e. all politicians are the same / all drugs are the same.

You're better than lazy generalisations like that Tone.

Not really sure what you are saying here ??

It's a true story , of course the drugs in his system could have just been a coincidence and he could have fallen off the balcony , but somehow I doubt it

I'm saying that all drugs are different.  You can't just say "he was on coke or whatever", as coke wouldn't make someone think they could fly.

All drugs have different effects on the body and mind and as such should be treated differently, by users and in the eyes of the law.

I'll find the article for you. I'd seen a documentary on it 6 or 7 years ago. Think it was BBC or channel 4. Then read another recent one on the verge a couple of weeks ago.

It's used in the severe cases. The total hopeless cases. Results were astounding.

Point is when would alcohol ever have a medicinal use? It's legal because it's in the bible.

I agree with some sentiments here, just because person a abuses doesn't mean person b shouldn't get potential benefits from a drug. Be it even mild stress relief, enjoying themselves on a night out. If no harm is done to others I can't logically see the cause for illegality.

But I've an analytical and pragmatic way of thinking. Drugs are a political issue. Not a medical one.

According to the documentary I'm watching (How Drubs Work/BBC) it's main effect is from serotonin and oxytocin, which certainly explains why it may help with depression. I've wanted to try the latter.

There has been a lot of stories in this thread of the effects of drug abuse on people they know/knew. But doesn’t that beg the question, clearly the system is broken and people clearly have quite easy access to drugs if they want them.

Would those people not be better served by a system where they could aquire those drugs legally, in a taxation environment where the seller was a pharmacist and where purchases of drugs went on a centralised system. So a potential abuser saw and talked to medical professionals when the purchased drugs and not a shady dealer.

It’s these kind of questions I believe should be asked. My main problem with any such system is drug tourism, one country cannot explore this alone, it’d need to be EU wide at the least. 

Â