Drugs

PussEKatt

Good luck mate.

Nobody wakes up and thinks "right, I'm going to be an addict", it just creeps up on them.  Don't feel ashamed going to the meetings.  If they'll help that's got be the driving force for getting you through the door.  Think of yourself clean, effective, happy.

As much as you didn't decide to be addicted, you can decide to try not to be.  It'll be hard, but you can do it.  And the folks on VT will help if you need it.

...tried various times to knock it on head but only manage to stay clean 2 or 3 months max...

Reasonable stints of being dry. Why do you start again?

well from the age of 19 until I was 27 I took it every week several times a week.then once I settled down with mrs my using was all over the place with different cycles and patterns.I fight using every day but some days I just use because I want to and I can. Sometimes I find excuses to use and sometimes I use the I'm an addict so I've got to use card. Once I get it in my head I'm using then that's it nothing will stop me

Probably gonna seem ignorant to some but, for me, all drugs - that aren't prescribable - should be outlawed. The dealers should be treated and dealt with like murderers because, eventually, they are almost certain to take at least one life in some form.

There are so many ways in life, safe and legal ways, to get a 'high'. For me, it's music. Music is what caters for my every mood. I can listen to any piece of music for any particular way I wish to feel. Next week, and the next week after that, there'll be more music produced to feed my habit - and it won't damage my health either!

Good luck mate.

The usual words are "do it for yourself", as somebody who grew up with two alcoholic parents, watched them both burn themselves to the ground and only one rise from the ashes and suffer the psychological damage any young man would caring for such people, do it for them. For your kids. They deserve the best and you seem capable of being that.

We're with you man.

Probably gonna seem ignorant to some but, for me, all drugs - that aren't prescribable - should be outlawed. The dealers should be treated and dealt with like murderers because, eventually, they are almost certain to take at least one life in some form.

There are so many ways in life, safe and legal ways, to get a 'high'. For me, it's music. Music is what caters for my every mood. I can listen to any piece of music for any particular way I wish to feel. Next week, and the next week after that, there'll be more music produced to feed my habit - and it won't damage my health either!

not gonna argue with that. Could also say same about fags and alcohol which do just as much damage. I get high as a kite off music. I absolutely cant live without it. Different bands for different moods.
  • Like 1

Good luck mate.

The usual words are "do it for yourself", as somebody who grew up with two alcoholic parents, watched them both burn themselves to the ground and only one rise from the ashes and suffer the psychological damage any young man would caring for such people, do it for them. For your kids. They deserve the best and you seem capable of being that.

We're with you man.

big thank you. Cheers mate

not gonna argue with that. Could also say same about fags and alcohol which do just as much damage. I get high as a kite off music. I absolutely cant live without it. Different bands for different moods.

True of fags and alcohol mate!

I probably came across a bit harsh in my earlier post and I apologise if I offended anyone. I sometimes get wound up about this subject because I feel that people who do drugs know what they are letting themselves in for.

I am asthmatic and only started suffering from the age of three. I have to take two inhalers twice a day, as well as one of them whenever I become short of breath. As a child I was a regular visitor to Birmingham Children's Hospital after suffering asthma attacks. Yet, despite the fact I have an unwanted illness, I still have to pay for my prescriptions, which is approximately £15 per month. Yet, drug addicts are allowed to walk into hospital and hook themselves up to a drip for free, to help with their "illness" that is self inflicted and they were pre-warned about.

Just doesn't seem fair to me!

Nah no offence taken and I definately see your point. Some people think addiction is an illness and some don't. Not all addicts need hospital care.alot just need counciling and that type of thing which still needs to be funded I know. As a previous poster said no one walkes up one morning and says I'm gonna be an addict.its just a bit of fun at first then it creeps up on you. Anyway I respect your posts mate

Probably gonna seem ignorant to some but, for me, all drugs - that aren't prescribable - should be outlawed.

Caffeine?

It's very difficult to draw the line if you go down that road and it wouldn't solve the problem with class A drugs anyway, which are the problem (well, some of them - mushrooms and E being the same class as heroin and crack says it all about our current system).

• Like 1

I am sure this discussion has been done to death but I think if people want to take something then they will regardless of its legal status.

I would prefer if drugs were legalised but heavily regulated and controlled.

If the taxed revenue was put into treatment for people who need it I think we would be better off as a society, also we wouldn't have this situation where the government tells adults what they can and can't put into their own bodies.

• Like 2

Yeah man, no shame in avoiding your triggers like the plague for a good long while.

Good thing for you is you KNOW you can do this for a good couple of months minimum. In the meanwhile you should look at finding out why you go back to it. I didn't clock but are you in therapy?

Â