Drugs

PussEKatt

I've given him some advice based on my own experience beating addiction. If that's "puritanical", so be it.

It isn't. It's giving advice which is fine.

Some of the other stuff that you (and others) have posted is puritanical bullshit. Yes.

Edited by snowychap

Well said maqroll. 

I wish I could give advice, but I've never been in that state, so I'm not qualified to do so. 

I get all the buzz I need from life's simple things (including alcohol in small doses). 

I've given him some advice based on my own experience beating addiction. If that's "puritanical", so be it.

Some of the other stuff that you (and others) have posted is puritanical bullshit. Yes.

I'm interested in what the "puritanical bullshit" that you think I've posted is. 

Well said maqroll. 

I wish I could give advice, but I've never been in that state, so I'm not qualified to do so. 

I get all the buzz I need from life's simple things (including alcohol in small doses). 

i envy that, i get a huge buzz from music like you do i imagine but music also plays a part in my addiction unfortunately. sounds daft but its true. listening to a lot of the music i do mixes with my thoughts for cocaine and alcohol.

i think with tranquilisers and stuff like that your meant to come off them slowly, with a drug like cocaine there is no such thing imo. cocaine addiction has many tricks and that is one of them. ive heard tranquilisers and that kind of stuff can be a nightmare to get off so well done dude.

I'm interested in what the "puritanical bullshit" that you think I've posted is.

It's all just terrible. They all feed into each other. I'm 10 years drug free, 10 years nicotine free, and 3 years alcohol free.

I feel free. Keep trying to live clean.

maqroll has obviously benefited from giving those things up so its true for him, there are some people that live a life of unhappiness by being clean but thats how it is. ive been clean for periods and ive been very unhappy and vice versa where ive been drinking and doing drugs and have been unhappy.

I'm not qualified to give advice on how to get clean, I just wanted to offer support and give reason to why it's a good idea to stop.

Abstinence is something that works for some (it seems to be for maqroll), and maybe it could for Rugeley. I accept not everyone can "live clean", and I don't judge anyone who can't. I've experimented with drugs. I spent a large part of me teens and early 20's, where I smoked weed almost every day, to the detriment of my health and life. I don't do that any more, and I'm better for it. Thankfully my other drug experiences never went any further than recreational use. I know it's hard. Harder than giving up weed and tobacco for sure, but it can be done, and it seems from the information that we have from Rugeley that it's something that could make his life better.  

For the record I support decriminalisation of all drugs. I believe it's the down to personal choice. I also believe legalising drugs would be a big benefit to users, and help reduce the criminal elements involved. 

• Like 2

Interesting that you consider something that I'm proud of "bullshit". And my encouragement to Rugeley "bullshit".

:thumb:

You're proud of the stuff that I quoted (in the way you threw them in to the discussion)?

Wow.

I really don't see an issue in what he's posted. Maqroll is a bloke obviously proud of getting clean and he's posting (from his point of view) to Rugeley and he's clearly talking from the heart. To ridicule him in this discussion is a little bit, off.

• Like 1

You need to be more selective in what you're interested in

Back to the topic at hand, ignore the antagonising maq & Ruge, all the best to you both.

Ruge, maqroll speaks sense and MOST of us on here only wish the best for you and that you take action for the sake of yourself and your family.

• Like 2

Back to the topic at hand, ignore the antagonising maq & Ruge, all the best to you both.

Ruge, maqroll speaks sense and MOST of us on here only wish the best for you and that you take action for the sake of yourself and your family.

Agreed. Thanks to Maq for being so honest. Ruge, do what you need to do but remember that whatever you do, it won't only affect you, but your loved ones as well.

• Like 1

Cheers, guys. I think maybe snowy thought I was bigging myself up by saying that I've been substance-free for a while. I was just trying to let Ruge know that it can be done, it had nothing to do with stroking my own ego. I also

was not trying to sound superior to anyone who chooses to use whatever they want to use. I was just responding to Rugeley's post, which seemed like he was kind of distressed about his drug use.

Sometimes the tone of what we write is not always interpreted the way it's meant to be. I'm hoping that's the case here. 

This thread went off the rails, didn't it?  :blink:

• Like 4

Â