Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Looks good on the highlights. Fast as well! 

Yep looks to have good awareness and seems to make his mind up about what he's going to do before he receives the ball.

Lovely nut-meg too when he created that counter-attack.

• Like 1

Looks good on the highlights. Fast as well! 

Yep looks to have good awareness and seems to make his mind up about what he's going to do before he receives the ball.

Lovely nut-meg too when he created that counter-attack.

Yes very tasty. Shame Bowery arsed up Tonevs counter attack, was lovely.

• Like 1

Tonev looked very lively and direct, would echo the comments about his one man counter attack - received the pass from Bennett (who also looked pretty good!!!!), flicked it through the oncoming players legs, ran passed him then pushed the ball past the full back, did him for pace, ran on and rolled the ball into Bowery (who's first touch was rough, his second a tackle!)

Not afraid to go to the byline or cut in and have a shot!

I like the look of him and think he'll be very useful.

• Like 2

Meh not arsed with avtv, even though its only a fiver the content is still not worth it.

Free for ST holders. My fiver's still in my wallet (but my £400 is out my account!)

Had it for a month a jack wood did my head in.

Lambert gave him a look today which indicated he may snap his neck before this tour is out so you may be in luck :)

Happy I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by this guy. Is that his actual voice or is it some fake presenter voice he puts on to try and sound professional? Either way he chats so much crap and god forbid when he does commentary on the Villa highlights...

There was one press conference before a game where Jack asked Lambert a question and Lambert was like "wow... that's the best you've got?" Made me laugh...

Had it for a month a jack wood did my head in.

Lambert gave him a look today which indicated he may snap his neck before this tour is out so you may be in luck :)

Happy I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by this guy. Is that his actual voice or is it some fake presenter voice he puts on to try and sound professional? Either way he chats so much crap and god forbid when he does commentary on the Villa highlights...

There was one press conference before a game where Jack asked Lambert a question and Lambert was like "wow... that's the best you've got?" Made me laugh...

I think the guy is just over the top with everything.

Leave our Jack alone, he really is a very nice guy. I've spoken to him at length a number of times, sat next to him at the reserves when he's been trying to commentate on his phone (which was hilarious.) It's not Jack's fault that he has to operate on a shoestring, and he really does love the Villa.

Tonev looks a good prospect.

• Like 1

I like Jack, he's funny, in an unfunny way, and he knows it.

Tonev did look decent in the few clips that I saw on AVTV. The little nutmeg to start a counter was good, his shot near the start of the game was NOT.

If that stadium had a row z behind the goal, it would have landed in it.

Â