Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Something there for sure but his decision making is poor, not quite ready for a starting 11 place and he seems to make more of an impact when he is out on the wing rather than played in the hole. 

Personally I'd use him as a substitute for either Gabby or Weimann when needed, his pace could cause problems for tired defenders.

• Like 3

Rapid pace and looks good dribbling with the ball.

Decision making was poor and I can imagine constantly shooting will piss off other players.

Yeah seemed very raw a bit like Benteke in his first couple of months I hope Lambert can use his magic to iron out the creases, there looks a player in there.

He's bound to be raw and very rough around the edges given he has come in from an absolute Mickey Mouse league. I'm sure he'll improve and he seems to have a decent amount of raw materials to work with, i.e. pace and an ability to run direct at defenders.

I'm not expecting much from him over the next 6 months, hopefully he'll grow into a role here. Bottom line is that he can't be any worse than Holman and probably on a lot less money.

• Like 4

He's a little too desperate to get his first goal and make his mark, but I think he'll settle down and get there with some time. He's not the finished article yet, to be sure, but he's got some serious potential. Definitely better suited to the wing, though.

I thought he was alright. Liked his positivity and always showed for the ball. Couple of wayward shots but as others have said, he's learning our style of play. Could do with ditching the dodgy coloured boots though!

Showed some nice touches but looked like he needed a bit of time on the ball. Might turn out to be pretty decent but will need a little bit of patience. To be fair, I didn't think any of the three behind Benteke did much worthwhile today.

Â