Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

This may have been posted already (I don't have time to look through 40 pages of posts to check) but from this video he looks fairly speedy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQdu3fbST6c

Just under half the field pitch in 6 seconds? Has also been tipped as the fastest footballer in the Polish league.

Edited by jeaniimacaroon

This may have been posted already (I don't have time to look through 40 pages of posts to check) but from this video he looks fairly speedy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQdu3fbST6c

Just under half the field pitch in 6 seconds? Has also been tipped as the fastest footballer in the Polish league.

I absolutely love that goal, not just that he runs so fast with ball under control but that instead of keeping on running and slotting the ball home he just thunder bastards it from outside the box.

• Like 2

Matt Lowton is 27th on that list.

Nathanial Clyne is 5th.

Sounds about right, I love Lowton (and I also really rate Clyne, wanted us to sign him for a couple of years before he joined Soton) but Clyne definitely seems like the quicker player. The one gripe I have with Lowton is that he isn't quite as quick as I would like a modern attacking fullback to be. (He does However he usually makes up for this with his impeccable reading of the game.)

Gabby has gotten his pace back after two bad seasons and looks slimmer than last season, although Caniggia might be the fastest player I've seen and according to Wiki: "Caniggia, as a football player, could run 100 meters in 10.5 seconds.", although he was probably powered by the magic white powder. :D

Just seen his youtube video. He can hit screamers with both feet! Although u can't take to much from these videos it's good to see fans have gone to the effort of making the vids so he must be admired.

Holman had a video showing how bad he was in a game!

Just seen his youtube video. He can hit screamers with both feet! Although u can't take to much from these videos it's good to see fans have gone to the effort of making the vids so he must be admired.

Yeah, and we have really lacked someone who can hit screamers from midfield. I'm no football expert, but it seems like the sort of threat you want to have available to you as a team and our scoring rate from midield has been pretty dismal lately.

Yeah, and we have really lacked someone who can hit screamers from midfield. I'm no football expert, but it seems like the sort of threat you want to have available to you as a team and our scoring rate from midield has been pretty dismal lately.

But we already have Lowton and Vlaar to hit screamers from defence. ;)

It was proven conclusively that Gabby is as fast as ****. Even if Tonev does not run at the speed of ****, a sub-**** speed is nothing to be sneezed at.

• Like 3

Dennis Rommedahl was pretty damn fast. Still a bit OT... I'm looking forward to see what he has to offer.

I'd say Adam Gemili was probably the fastest player in England or at least one of the fastest seen as he quit Dagenham to focus on running. His best is 10.05 so I doubt any players in the Premier League are running sub 10s.

Â