Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

He'll also miss Sunday's match - would rather he sat out yesterday and tomorrow and rest his thigh than risk him and make the injury worse.

From what i've seen of him in the first match highlights I think he'll definately be a good player for us.

new players seem to be getting injured. Their injuries seem related to fatigue. Clearly not used to the intensive training schedule. Both will become better players here.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know why, but I've got a feeling Tonev could be this season's Benteke. He probably won't hit the heights Benteke did, but I think he's going to be very highly rated this time next year.

From what Ive seen so far it should be Luna who becomes this seasons Benteke, the problem with that is...have a big club like Sevilla really made a big mistake like that.

Don't know why, but I've got a feeling Tonev could be this season's Benteke. He probably won't hit the heights Benteke did, but I think he's going to be very highly rated this time next year.

From what Ive seen so far it should be Luna who becomes this seasons Benteke, the problem with that is...have a big club like Sevilla really made a big mistake like that.

Sevilla have been making a lot of mistakes lately. There's a reason they've been losing all their best players and progressively been sliding down the La Liga table. Giving up on a good left back would just be one in a line of errors.

• Like 1

My ideal scenario would see Tonev come in on the wing and form a pretty lethal combination with Agbonlahor, allowing Weimann to move inside just behind Benteke.

Realistically will be September October at the earliest before we see the best of him in the Premier League though. I've missed any games he's played so far, what kind of player is he? Quick? Technical? A goalscorer?

Have high hopes for him.

My ideal scenario would see Tonev come in on the wing and form a pretty lethal combination with Agbonlahor, allowing Weimann to move inside just behind Benteke.

Realistically will be September October at the earliest before we see the best of him in the Premier League though. I've missed any games he's played so far, what kind of player is he? Quick? Technical? A goalscorer?

Have high hopes for him.

He is very, very quick. Isn't afraid to have a pop either so it seemed (albeit they were Johnny Wilkinson shots rather than Cristiano Ronaldo shots).

Need to be a bit careful about judging players on pre-season. El-Ahmadi was a world beater in last summers friendlies but looked miles off the pace in the PL.

• Like 1

Need to be a bit careful about judging players on pre-season. El-Ahmadi was a world beater in last summers friendlies but looked miles off the pace in the PL.

I reckon El Ahmadi gets more stick than he deserves. I can't think of more than two or three appearances in his first season where he was less than "good".

High hopes for Tonev as well. He could be a lethal sub.

• 2 weeks later...

He needs to relax a bit. Actually, a lot.

As many said in the match thread v Malaga his decision making isn't the best so far.

He seems to alternate between brilliance and the opposite of brilliance.

Once he's relaxed he'll know when to keep it simple and when to try and be brilliant.

Despite Woodward raving about him, he was rubbish for much of the time. Had a big part in two goals, though. Overall probably not good enough for a start yet.

Â