Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

8 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Good job, Did that include HD & Multiroom or just TV Package?

Everything but the movies, which were a different offer. I don't have sports. I'm on Q.

• Like 1

I cancelled Sky and they offered me 50% off the TV only whereas I was getting 60% the previous year and 50% off fibre.

i have took the tv deal which is all sports movies and so on in HD on a rolling month to month contract works out at £40 a month.  Using the old HD box but no big deal as I don’t have a UHD TV.

Got a deal on fibre through BT that gives me BT Sport in HD on my Sky Box so I can watch even more footy and The Ashes in Australia.  That cost £30 a month with a £50 set up fee.  However I got £110 Topcashback and an £80 amazon Card from BT.  

So not a bad deal for the combined package.  

BT fibre is miles better than my Sky one too and they just increased the speed to 76meg for 50meg for free.  I know that is slow for some but fine for me.

52 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Has anyone bought a sky sports day pass? Tempted to make sure i have now issues watching tomorrow game but we only have freeview so not sure how itll work. 

Edit - Just realised we have a now tv app on the tv! 

Yes, use them every Villa away match that's on Sky. Really simple process. Either buy at full price (about £7) for 24hrs or find offers  (like Pringles I think are currently running) or bug on ebay which is what I normally do and you seem to get them for £3-4. I've just bought a week pass for £7.50 to take in the two sky games we have this week.

Ridiculously overpriced for the time you get but by far the cheapest (and legal) way of watching purely Villa matches.

• 2 weeks later...

As of today, for the first time in 15 years my Sky is being switched off :( For the last dozen or so years I have played the Sky discount ping pong and usually get the deal I want, but this year as my 60% off deal was coming to an end they refused to go above 40% (Sky Q). Apparently a lot of people on this deal are now coming to an end so Sky are playing hardball.

I am hopeful I will get a call or letter in the next few week's offering at least 50% off as we do think it is a good service and watch a lot of the Sky specific channels. Going to do a NowTV trial for the time being.

27 minutes ago, jim said:

As of today, for the first time in 15 years my Sky is being switched off :( For the last dozen or so years I have played the Sky discount ping pong and usually get the deal I want, but this year as my 60% off deal was coming to an end they refused to go above 40% (Sky Q). Apparently a lot of people on this deal are now coming to an end so Sky are playing hardball.

I am hopeful I will get a call or letter in the next few week's offering at least 50% off as we do think it is a good service and watch a lot of the Sky specific channels. Going to do a NowTV trial for the time being.

They have to cover the new Premier League TV deal somehow...the sooner Sky goes bust the better. The more people who leave, the better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

They have to cover the new Premier League TV deal somehow...the sooner Sky goes bust the better. The more people who leave, the better.

In fairness to Sky i don't think they can be accused of shafting the customer by not bowing down to 60% off deal demands.

• 1 month later...

Any offers around for new customers (or returning, I left Sky 18 months ago)?

I'm after Sky Q, UHD with Sports. No internet or phone required (have them with BT already)

Cheapest I can see on their site is £52 a month (£20 sky entertainement, £12 Multiroom/UHD, £20 Sports), with £60 + £20 set up costs (Sky Q 2TB box and one mini box)

Edit: Sports isn't a necessity, just a nice to have if I can get the whole thing fairly cheap.

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

@Kingman stop posting wonderful gifs and answer me! ;) 

In the mean time see if these links still work, If you have already cancelled  click this link  and tell them you have received a flyer about about coming back to sky for 60% off + £50 credit. 

If you can't be arsed with negotiating then download the sky services app on android or iOS and as long as you have the cancellation notice pending on your account then you will 50% off waiting for you in the My offers section or this link www.sky.com/stay50 will get you 50% off the TV bundle pal… 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kingman said:

In the mean time see if these links still work, If you have already cancelled  click this link  and tell them you have received a flyer about about coming back to sky for 60% off + £50 credit. 

If you can't be arsed with negotiating then download the sky services app on android or iOS and as long as you have the cancellation notice pending on your account then you will 50% off waiting for you in the My offers section or this link www.sky.com/stay50 will get you 50% off the TV bundle pal… 

Thank you, but I left them ages ago. About 18 months. So I don't think those would work for me.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thank you, but I left them ages ago. About 18 months. So I don't think those would work for me.

You'l be surprised mate, Even though people unsubscribe the actual account still remains active and offers still get sent to the account. 

Just needs the account holder to apply them once happy.

14 minutes ago, Kingman said:

You'l be surprised mate, Even though people unsubscribe the actual account still remains active and offers still get sent to the account. 

Just needs the account holder to apply them once happy.

Cool, I'll have a go on that sky chat and see if I can blag it

It’s at times like this I’m glad that my interest in villa as at an all time lifetime low and that GoT is bought by my brother on blu ray as soon as it comes out. No need for sports or sky.

Freeview + Netflix. £6 a month.

• Like 3

On 05/01/2018 at 11:09, Stevo985 said:

Edit: Sports isn't a necessity, just a nice to have if I can get the whole thing fairly cheap.

I have sky Q UHD mainly because i now have a 4k UHD telly......so I upgraded from sky hd+......but.....you know what ? Watching footy in uhd aint all that. I'm thinking emporer's new clothes here. They claim up to FOUR times better clarity than HD+......wow.... four times. Ok the colours may be a bit brighter but I'm not convinced. Ok, 2TB storage and a swanky touch sensitive remote control is nice but if you have HD+ already then I'd think twice about changing. 

25 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I have sky Q UHD mainly because i now have a 4k UHD telly......so I upgraded from sky hd+......but.....you know what ? Watching footy in uhd aint all that. I'm thinking emporer's new clothes here. They claim up to FOUR times better clarity than HD+......wow.... four times. Ok the colours may be a bit brighter but I'm not convinced. Ok, 2TB storage and a swanky touch sensitive remote control is nice but if you have HD+ already then I'd think twice about changing. 

I don't have anything at the moment. But yes it's a similar situation.

I have a 4K TV and get a certain amount of content through Netflix, but that's about it. So would like to take advantage with Sky Q.

Sports isn't necessary because quite frankly I don't watch much sport these days. But if I get a decent offer on the whole package I'll probably take it.

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Tried the first option.

The guy I chatted to said that offer wasn't with them and asked me for a contact number from the flyer :D

When I said I'd come back online when I had the flyer with me, he gave me a link where I can upload a picture of the flyer to show him...

Don't think that will work!

Edited by Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tried the first option.

The guy I chatted to said that offer wasn't with them and asked me for a contact number from the flyer :D

I made my excuses and left

Try this link www.sky.com/stay50 

If they ask again say no number just this website link. 

Â