Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I've never looked into IPTV and don't really know anything about it. Naive I guess. I'm guessing it's similar to Kodi and that type of set up?

Open to suggestions on how and what to do to go about getting IPTV. £100 a month, is £100 a month! I pay it through gritted teeth, and want a solution to not get ripped off every month! 

If you are on FB type in  streambooth thats one of the many companies that do the service. Had mine on a firestick with IPTV and with VOD for 4 months been perfect so far.

Even if Sky block it and you had it for 6 months you still would have saved money on sky 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KHV said:

What are you getting for £100 per month?

At the minute I have Sky Q with a mini box and the standard entertainment TV package. No Sports movies or anything. All my deals expired and the price crept up over time. I've not taken on any new deals from them with one eye on leaving next month. 

Obviously get line rental, fibre broadband and calls etc. 

In essence I am the ideal customer for Sky, paying full whack! I called earlier in the week to let them know I wanted to leave. The guy offered me some reductions and adding Sky Sports, but would still be £90 a month. Told him I'd go away and think about it as I knew Virgin do a hell of a lot more for that money. 

Ideally I want to pay less and get more, don't we all!

Edited by villan-scott

35 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

At the minute I have Sky Q with a mini box and the standard entertainment TV package. No Sports movies or anything. All my deals expired and the price crept up over time. I've not taken on any new deals from them with one eye on leaving next month. 

Obviously get line rental, fibre broadband and calls etc. 

In essence I am the ideal customer for Sky, paying full whack! I called earlier in the week to let them know I wanted to leave. The guy offered me some reductions and adding Sky Sports, but would still be £90 a month. Told him I'd go away and think about it as I knew Virgin do a hell of a lot more for that money. 

Ideally I want to pay less and get more, don't we all!

Just leave and wait a week or two. They will surely come back with a 50% offer. If not wait for new customer 50% deals and put it on someone else's name.

• Like 1

I was with Sky for 11 years and left for VM about 3 months ago.

Sky always came up with at least 30-40% at renewal time but this time round they were only offering £8 off and that was on condition of signing a new 18 month contract.

Im very pleased with VM, all channels except movies and sky sports, includes BT sports, 200mb broadband for £32 a month plus I got £50 credit too. I got recommended by some random guy on the internet.

If you know someone with VM ask them to recommend you, VM will call you and offer you a much better deal than online and give you both £50 credit.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was with Sky for 11 years and left for VM about 3 months ago.

Sky always came up with at least 30-40% at renewal time but this time round they were only offering £8 off and that was on condition of signing a new 18 month contract.

Im very pleased with VM, all channels except movies and sky sports, includes BT sports, 200mb broadband for £32 a month plus I got £50 credit too. I got recommended by some random guy on the internet.

If you know someone with VM ask them to recommend you, VM will call you and offer you a much better deal than online and give you both £50 credit.

VM broadband isn't so good though is it? That's what I have heard anyway

23 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ok maybe it was just my brother then. He said since he moved back to sky it has been much better. 

The only thing I've noticed is that hub signal isn't as long range, it struggles when I'm in the garden whereas no problems with Sky.

Downloading 1.5 / 2gig movies in a few minutes is fantastic. 

I had to do an update on my Xbox 3.4gb and it motored through it in no time at all. It would have taken hours before.

36 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hmm my brother has VM and the internet is bloody awful, always goes down. I guess all pending where you live 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm my brother has VM and the internet is bloody awful, always goes down. I guess all pending where you live 

That's what he said. Lives in the same area as me and I never have any disconnects

On 03/08/2017 at 20:56, omariqy said:

What do you think about the installation fee?

So the free ones I'm seeing are If you've been with them for over 15 years you qualify for 'black' status and get a free 2TB Q box along with a free mini box. So for those who currently have Sky+, probs best to take the 50% off they're doing at the moment and then take this VIP offer to get Q. Discounts are carried over to Q. 

Update

However as soon as you activate the cancellation period so it's pending on your account it will give you more bargaining options further down the line to the 31 days cut off date.

You could also test the water as a new customer at your new place with your partners details (including email add) and see what offers are about that way. That's what I did when I upgraded to Q last year, we even stayed in the same house and used the same bank details just changed the lead account holder to my partners details.

I did another one over the weekend for Sky+, initially was offered 20% off TV package so obviously declined. Told them to cancel it and within 30mins went on to chat using the above link and got offered 50% off and £25 credit.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

For peeps having Sky Q fitted tell them you want a Hybrid LNB installed,

Failing that response, if you get Sky Q installed, ask the engineer to give you the original Sky LNB that was replaced in case you want to downgrade to your original Sky HD or use the dish with a Freesat box in the future as the wideband LNB they install won't be compatible.

• 1 month later...

My 31 day notice to end contract is 1st October. Last week, I received a letter offering 50% off for 12 months provided I resign before 21st September. I've just checked my sky.com account and the only offer there is 30% discount. Should I ring Sky to reference the 50% discount before the 21st or wait until the end of September for a better offer? I find it strange that their initial offer (50%) supposedly ends well before my contract end and also that it's not readily available on my Sky online account. Any advice, please?

Any deals out there at the moment?

I don't need phone or Broadband (have that with BT) so would be after TV only. Preferably Sky Q but wouldn't need Sky Sports.

Would it be worth it or would it be a case of it not being worth it unless you get internet and phone bundled in?

On 8/4/2017 at 11:37, PaulC said:

Like shit off a shovel for me and i'm on the slowest package - 50mb

Had nothing but problems with my BT broadband

11 hours ago, brommy said:

My 31 day notice to end contract is 1st October. Last week, I received a letter offering 50% off for 12 months provided I resign before 21st September. I've just checked my sky.com account and the only offer there is 30% discount. Should I ring Sky to reference the 50% discount before the 21st or wait until the end of September for a better offer? I find it strange that their initial offer (50%) supposedly ends well before my contract end and also that it's not readily available on my Sky online account. Any advice, please?

Sky been doing this trick for a month or so now, however as long as you are in your cancellation period this link www.sky.com/stay50 will get you 50% off the TV bundle pal… 

You should get an email in 24 hrs that starts as below , however keep checking your mysky and the 30% will disappear and your bills will change.

Hello
Thank you for deciding to stay with Sky We have now processed your order to keep your existing Sky TV Bundle with 50% off for the next 12 months. 

Enjoy.

Edited by Kingman
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Any deals out there at the moment?

I don't need phone or Broadband (have that with BT) so would be after TV only. Preferably Sky Q but wouldn't need Sky Sports.

Would it be worth it or would it be a case of it not being worth it unless you get internet and phone bundled in?

Some of the best Q Deals around at mo if you can't be arsed having honey poured down your ear for an hour on the dog.

https://www.cable.co.uk/compare/sky-tv/ 

• Like 1

Â