Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

8 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Cheers, Is there a certain length of time to wait from cancelling to then going for the 50%?

Not really but From the time you cancel you are then into the 31 day cancelation period countdown so the longer you leave it the more your account stands out on the system that they are just days away from losing your monthly subscription fees.

Think i had 5/6 days left that i let it run down to pal. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Thanks 1

Sky customers get a free DVD film of their choice from a wide selection once when they download and access my sky app (android and ios) and log in to VIP section. 

The procedure to claim film is go here skystore.com/redeem make sure you log in and have used my sky app and enter the code (GIFT). Impressive range of films available.

This has been going for a while, but good until 15th August (claim film by 31st Aug). 

Edited by Kingman

Sky and LG have teamed up, again, to offer new and existing Sky Q customers a heavily discounted 43-inch LG Ultra HD TV as well as reducing the cost of the Sky install.

The offer is run on the back of the upcoming Royal Wedding (you may have heard about it) and applies to customers signing up for Sky Q’s multiroom system. New customers can take the Sky Entertainment package, at £20 per month, and add multiroom for a further £12p/m, making the monthly subscription £32 in total. Existing customers can take advantage of the same offer by adding a further £12 to their monthly plan.

Furthermore, for folks signing up before the 31st May 2018, Sky will provide a discount code taking the price of a 43-inch 4K Ultra HD HDR LG TV (43UK6300PLB) down from £599 to £249. Sky is using the promotion to remind (or inform) people that it will be displaying the forthcoming Royal Nuptials in Ultra HD for customers with the 2TB Sky Q Silver box. 

For those not interested in the Royal Wedding and of a more sporting bent, it might be timely to remember there’s a World Cup coming this summer too!

For full details and to sign up for the offer, head on over to the Sky Website.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kingman said:
Sky and LG have teamed up, again, to offer new and existing Sky Q customers a heavily discounted 43-inch LG Ultra HD TV as well as reducing the cost of the Sky install.

The offer is run on the back of the upcoming Royal Wedding (you may have heard about it) and applies to customers signing up for Sky Q’s multiroom system. New customers can take the Sky Entertainment package, at £20 per month, and add multiroom for a further £12p/m, making the monthly subscription £32 in total. Existing customers can take advantage of the same offer by adding a further £12 to their monthly plan.

Furthermore, for folks signing up before the 31st May 2018, Sky will provide a discount code taking the price of a 43-inch 4K Ultra HD HDR LG TV (43UK6300PLB) down from £599 to £249. Sky is using the promotion to remind (or inform) people that it will be displaying the forthcoming Royal Nuptials in Ultra HD for customers with the 2TB Sky Q Silver box. 

For those not interested in the Royal Wedding and of a more sporting bent, it might be timely to remember there’s a World Cup coming this summer too!

For full details and to sign up for the offer, head on over to the Sky Website.

I’m moving house and have just set up a home move. I will be looking to pick up one of these if I can!

40 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I’m moving house and have just set up a home move. I will be looking to pick up one of these if I can!

Offer is only on till 31st mate so you will have to register interest before then. 

Seeing as I only re-signed 10 days ago I'm gonna try a cheeky call retrospective offers and all that. 

15 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Offer is only on till 31st mate so you will have to register interest before then. 

Seeing as I only re-signed 10 days ago I'm gonna try a cheeky call retrospective offers and all that. 

Will I need to sign up to a new deal to get the TV do you know?

I already have Sky Q with an extra mini box. 

I was looking at doing that for an extra £12 a month but looking at terms and conditions you still have to pay £160ish for sky q set up (I’m still on the Sky plus hd box)

1 hour ago, chappy said:

I was looking at doing that for an extra £12 a month but looking at terms and conditions you still have to pay £160ish for sky q set up (I’m still on the Sky plus hd box)

Have the crack with them pal, 

I Just got a collective price for the in-laws of £301 for the TV, 1 2TB Box and 1 Mini.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Will I need to sign up to a new deal to get the TV do you know?

I already have Sky Q with an extra mini box. 

Give them a call on 0333 759 3607 or 0800 759 1348 to discuss this TV offer pal.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Give them a call on 0333 759 3607 or 0800 759 1348 to discuss this TV offer pal.

Cheers mate. I might opt for a TV from John Lewis for the 5 year warranty as I have a Panasonic 48 inch 4K tv at the minute but the LEDs have packed up outside of warranty, so I’m left with the choice of paying for the repair for about £200 with no guarantee it’ll sort it long term, or buying a new TV. 

I don’t know what to do.

My VM full house bundle ends in 2 weeks, then it goes over £70 which is way too much. They won’t talk new offers until this one finishes. Worst still I can get freeview in my new house as there’s a big row of very tall trees just out the front. 

I want to go back to sky but I’m not keen on the dish on the side of my shiny new house.

? 

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Cheers mate. I might opt for a TV from John Lewis for the 5 year warranty as I have a Panasonic 48 inch 4K tv at the minute but the LEDs have packed up outside of warranty, so I’m left with the choice of paying for the repair for about £200 with no guarantee it’ll sort it long term, or buying a new TV. 

Although sky are saying this is a £600 TV its available for £550 at a number of retail stores. 

HDR is probably more important at this size because UDH on a 43" TV wont look any better than HD.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So today i got the in-laws a good deal on Sky Q. 

Entertainment pack and HD package, 2TB Box & One Mini for £31pm 

No one off payment or any install fees, Also got them the £600 LG TV above for £249. 

Happy Days. 

I’ve got to get in touch with Sky in the next, week or 2 as my parents gave their intention to leave to Sky a couple of weeks ago and said i’d do it for them.

I did discover part of the reason their bill was so high is that they had box sets which must have been because of a special offer when they upgraded previously but didn’t realise they still had it. They watched 0 box sets.

16 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I’ve got to get in touch with Sky in the next, week or 2 as my parents gave their intention to leave to Sky a couple of weeks ago and said i’d do it for them.

I did discover part of the reason their bill was so high is that they had box sets which must have been because of a special offer when they upgraded previously but didn’t realise they still had it. They watched 0 box sets.

You can get what I got above if they don't watch much or you can add sports and movies packages for £50pm all in with no additional fees. 

Canceled the in-laws Sky HD last week, Went on come back to sky link via chat yesterday and got them The Entertainment pack and HD package, Sky Q 2TB Box & One Mini for £31pm 

Edited by Kingman

12 hours ago, Kingman said:

You can get what I got above if they don't watch much or you can add sports and movies packages for £50pm all in with no additional fees. 

Canceled the in-laws Sky HD last week, Went on come back to sky link via chat yesterday and got them The Entertainment pack and HD package, Sky Q 2TB Box & One Mini for £31pm 

Sky rang my mum today and she accepted their offer, so probably could have got better. Think it was Entertainment and Sport for £32 also including Sky go extra which is an important one for me and my brother as neither of us have Sky. She said something about Sky Q but I think that it was going to be extra.

10 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Sky rang my mum today and she accepted their offer, so probably could have got better. Think it was Entertainment and Sport for £32 also including Sky go extra which is an important one for me and my brother as neither of us have Sky. She said something about Sky Q but I think that it was going to be extra.

Yeah still a good deal and just goes to show unless your a new customer then you really do need to activate your cancellation notice so its pending on the account to get the best offers. 

They offered me (inlaws) £35pm for everything to stay on existing HD box but they don't watch sports or movies.

They also wanted the extra multi room box and be able to record multiple programmes at the same time so went for the Sky Q package for £31

Edited by Kingman

12 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

You might want to speak with her about not buying things when cold called. It might save a lot of pain in the future.

• 2 months later...
Â