Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

On 1/9/2018 at 09:54, Kingman said:

In the mean time see if these links still work, If you have already cancelled  click this link  and tell them you have received a flyer about about coming back to sky for 60% off + £50 credit. 

If you can't be arsed with negotiating then download the sky services app on android or iOS and as long as you have the cancellation notice pending on your account then you will 50% off waiting for you in the My offers section or this link www.sky.com/stay50 will get you 50% off the TV bundle pal… 

On 1/9/2018 at 12:50, Stevo985 said:

Tried the first option.

The guy I chatted to said that offer wasn't with them and asked me for a contact number from the flyer :D

When I said I'd come back online when I had the flyer with me, he gave me a link where I can upload a picture of the flyer to show him...

Don't think that will work!

Going back to this.

I tried the first option again today. This time I got a bit more luck. The first guy immediately asked for some details. he gave me a good discount (not the 60%) but then the prices he showed me were way higher than what was on the internet shop. When i queried it he said these were the "returning customer prices" not the new customer prices. So even with his pretty good discount, it basically worked out the same as if I signed up as a new customer with no discount.

But he suggested I explain my situation to his colleague and I could join as a new customer with the discount as I'd moved house since I had Sky, so had a new address.

So onto the next guy. He said again that I could get the discount, but that he couldn't offer it. I'd have to sign up as a new customer and THEN call a number, which he gave me, and they would apply the discount. He also told me if I add Sports and multiscreen/UHD afterwards it will cost me less.

So I made an order of just basic Sky Q plus HD.

I am highly suspicious of this. I am fully expecting that when I ring this number they will tell me that I can't get that discount and the guy I spoke to earlier was talking nonsense. I'm guessing he meets his target or notches it up as a sale because he got me to make an order.

I've saved the chat so I can say to them "look, he says right here that I can get that discount", but I'm not very optimistic.

Rate my chances!

Edit: also I'm wary that when I ring up they're going to ask the question I got asked yesterday, for a contact number or reference or photo of the flyer. Any decent response to this? 

Edited by Stevo985

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Going back to this.

I tried the first option again today. This time I got a bit more luck. The first guy immediately asked for some details. he gave me a good discount (not the 60%) but then the prices he showed me were way higher than what was on the internet shop. When i queried it he said these were the "returning customer prices" not the new customer prices. So even with his pretty good discount, it basically worked out the same as if I signed up as a new customer with no discount.

But he suggested I explain my situation to his colleague and I could join as a new customer with the discount as I'd moved house since I had Sky, so had a new address.

So onto the next guy. He said again that I could get the discount, but that he couldn't offer it. I'd have to sign up as a new customer and THEN call a number, which he gave me, and they would apply the discount. He also told me if I add Sports and multiscreen/UHD afterwards it will cost me less.

So I made an order of just basic Sky Q plus HD.

I am highly suspicious of this. I am fully expecting that when I ring this number they will tell me that I can't get that discount and the guy I spoke to earlier was talking nonsense. I'm guessing he meets his target or notches it up as a sale because he got me to make an order.

I've saved the chat so I can say to them "look, he says right here that I can get that discount", but I'm not very optimistic.

Rate my chances!

Edit: also I'm wary that when I ring up they're going to ask the question I got asked yesterday, for a contact number or reference or photo of the flyer. Any decent response to this? 

Plenty of 50% offers about mate so dont take anything less... 

Try this one...

You’re one click away from unmissable TV

Simply click 'Take this offer' to get 50% off your Sky+ TV Bundle for 12 months when you sign up for another year.

https://secure.sky.com/promotions/offers/pending-cancel-12m-50-percent-off-email-q1/secure-offer 

Offer ends at 12.00am on Wednesday 31 January 2018.

Don't think any of those work because I'm not within 12 months of leaving.

Anyway, eventually got something sorted. Spoke to all sorts of people for ages.

Eventually got Sky Q with multiscreen and HD for £25 a month. I may add sports later. Plus got the 2TB box for 4k for nothing and no setup costs.

Not the best result but not bad. probably a third cheaper than if you bought it online at full price. Plus there's usually a £199 charge for the box plus installation.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, West said:

Quick question re this stuff - I've just cancelled Sky. How long should I give it before going down the I've received a flyer business?

Im bit pi55ed pal, 

Read last few pages with ref to points and links should mostly be valid. 

Failing that let the forum know with issues and will update accordingly. Ta 

• Like 1

I left sky around Easter and I still get emails 50% and 60% off to come back, if it still works when I move (fingers crossed end of month) then I’ll take them up on it.

I got a really good deal with VM but it’s just no match for Sky system. 

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I left sky around Easter and I still get emails 50% and 60% off to come back, if it still works when I move (fingers crossed end of month) then I’ll take them up on it.

I got a really good deal with VM but it’s just no match for Sky system. 

Is that just on TV or broadband too do you know

Think I have potentially made a blunder, I was on the old legacy Variety bundle paying £32 a month when I cancelled.

Now they are offering 50% off this when the new Entertainment bundle is £20pm anyway.

I would also like to upgrade to Sky Q + Multiscreen + Sports + HD + broadband

Whats the best way to haggle this @Kingman ?

Edited by West

1 hour ago, West said:

Think I have potentially made a blunder, I was on the old legacy Variety bundle paying £32 a month when I cancelled.

Now they are offering 50% off this when the new Entertainment bundle is £20pm anyway.

I would also like to upgrade to Sky Q + Multiscreen + Sports + HD + broadband

Whats the best way to haggle this @Kingman ?

You could used to be able to apply the discount then upgrade and carry over the discounts to Sky Q. 

You will prob encounter a set up fee but this dose vary from customer to customer so maybe worth starting a chat with one of the links in the thread and see what your fee is mate.

• 2 months later...

Posted in the Sky Q thread in Tech Room and Stevo directed me here.  I'll copy my original post below.  Using the online system it seems the cheapest I can get Sky Q with UHD and Sky Sports is £52pm, which still seems excessive considering it's not including broadband etc.  I'm not a returning customer.  Anyone got any advice / links on good deals for what I'm after?

3 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Posted recently on here about the best sources of UHD films and it seems the only option with decent choice would be to get a UHD player and buy/rent 4k blu rays.  I'm now thinking about getting Sky Q, though - does it have much UHD content?  I like the idea of watching the football in UHD - are many games covered?  And in terms of films, are there many options in the Sky Store?  Would paying extra for Movies/Cinema be worthwhile?

It'd still have to be pretty impressive for me to get it, as I already have Virgin Media and I can't switch broadband really as the speeds here are terrible (I don't have to worry about this with Virgin though, as I get 100 mbps through cable).  Annoyingly, it also seems you have to get UHD content through Sky, you have to get the 2tb box (although that's just an additional up front payment) and multi room (additional monthly cost, which seems steep).

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Can watch your sky tv progs anywhere in Europe now via their app on mobile devices 

quite handy for those moments of down time  when travelling etc 

NOW TV means I don't ever need a full SKY subscription. Have the Movie & Entertainment passes all year round and the Sports one for the NFL season. i like the flexibility of it. 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Can watch your sky tv progs anywhere in Europe now via their app on mobile devices 

quite handy for those moments of down time  when travelling etc 

Yeah can confirm this as of April 1st as currently in Portugal, only thing that’s not accessible is your personal planner/recordings. 

Live tv, catch up and downloads are no issues. 

Â