Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

14 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I can't get Sky in the flat where I am at the moment so I have Virgin

Thing that annoys me is that now BoxNation is available on Freeview and you can pause, rewind and record on Freeview I don't need anything more than that, I don't watch much telly at all except for the news for maybe 1/2 hour when I get in from work and the odd thing which would be on freeview anyways.

I end up having to pay £46 a month purely for the pleasure of paying £19 everytime that there is a PPV boxing event on, which equates to a bill of knocking on £70 a month

If Sky PPV was on freeview I would be absolutely sound but as it is they have me over a barrel, it makes me sick

Can you get PPV through Now TV.

On 6 July 2017 at 20:06, djdabush said:

Tried this but when I clicked on the offer it didn't apply to my account. When I used that link they said it was only for sky+ users and biggest discount on sky q was 25%

Try this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky?DCMP=dmc-Sky.com-ec-WinbackPVR50-Q117_18 

Have it applied to your sky hd package and then upgrade to sky q carrying over the discounts. 

Seen someone get 60% off and £25 credit over the weekend but always start at £100. 

Read back the thread for the best procedures and remember that polite persistence pays!

Edited by Kingman

• 4 weeks later...

So....My 1tb box has completely gone and it's going to cost me £60 to get a new one. Alternatively, as I am moving home, Sky have offered me 2 Sky Q boxes for a one off fee of £130 with the packages and monthly cost (im on 50% deal) staying the same. Is it worth it? Should I haggle it down? I also want to add phone and broadband if I can.

35 minutes ago, omariqy said:

So....My 1tb box has completely gone and it's going to cost me £60 to get a new one. Alternatively, as I am moving home, Sky have offered me 2 Sky Q boxes for a one off fee of £130 with the packages and monthly cost (im on 50% deal) staying the same. Is it worth it? Should I haggle it down? I also want to add phone and broadband if I can.

If you're out of contract I'd cancel as you're moving house, they'll be throwing 60-75% off at you before you know it. 

Then once you're in take up their best offer.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you're out of contract I'd cancel as you're moving house, they'll be throwing 60-75% off at you before you know it. 

Then once you're in take up their best offer.

Can't remember if I am but I will def try that. I'm on 50% at the moment which is fine but I just didn't want to pay £130 for Sky Q installation. If they offered it me for half or free I would take it.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Can't remember if I am but I will def try that. I'm on 50% at the moment which is fine but I just didn't want to pay £130 for Sky Q installation. If they offered it me for half or free I would take it.

Cancel, move and put a new contract in under when you move in whoevers name the current one isn't in. Oh and don't tell them your new address when cancelling.

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Cancel, move and put a new contract in under when you move in whoevers name the current one isn't in. Oh and don't tell them your new address when cancelling.

Been doing that for years. Never paid full price for sky. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/sky-q-vip-loyalty-programme-rewards-silver-gold-platinum-how-to-find-out-tv-a7874366.html

Sky has just announced Sky VIP, a loyalty programme where length of tenure decides your benefits.

Unlike many schemes of this nature, which are designed to draw in new customers and keep them loyal, this one goes out of its way to reward existing customers, and the longer you’ve been with Sky, the better the deal.

There are four levels: Silver, Gold, Platinum and Black.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just had a look...

"Sorry, Sky VIP is not available with your package"

Currently have Sky Q, full package, and Sky Q mini box... 

But how long have you been with them? As with what Limpid has linked its not what you have but length of service 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

On 2 August 2017 at 13:10, omariqy said:

TBH 50% off is good to carry over to Q. Can try for 60% but not many getting it of late from what I'm seeing mate. 

For Best BB Deals around use https://www.cable.co.uk/ 

Edited by Kingman

My contract is coming to an end on my Sky Q. Been with Sky 5 and a half years. Rang to tell them I wanted to cancel and had seen a great deal with Virgin. They offered me a deal which was adding Sky Sports back to my package, and the overall cost would go down by £10 a month. Wasn't overly impressed so said I'd go away and think about it. 

Whats people's thoughts on this? Shall I cancel all together and then take advantage of new offers they'll throw at me? 

Theres a VIP Virgin bundle with all Sky Sports, BT Sport and Sky Cinema for £90 a month that's tempting me over to the dark side!

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

My contract is coming to an end on my Sky Q. Been with Sky 5 and a half years. Rang to tell them I wanted to cancel and had seen a great deal with Virgin. They offered me a deal which was adding Sky Sports back to my package, and the overall cost would go down by £10 a month. Wasn't overly impressed so said I'd go away and think about it. 

Whats people's thoughts on this? Shall I cancel all together and then take advantage of new offers they'll throw at me? 

Theres a VIP Virgin bundle with all Sky Sports, BT Sport and Sky Cinema for £90 a month that's tempting me over to the dark side!

£90 a month? Jesus

25 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Glutton for punishment. I'm paying £100 a month to Sky just for the pleasure at the minute. No Sports or anything. Hence my eagerness to get away. 

Unless you seriously dont need the money why would you pay that amount when you can get IPTV with all channels for about £11 a month?! As well as most of the 3pm games?!

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Unless you seriously dont need the money why would you pay that amount when you can get IPTV with all channels for about £11 a month?! As well as most of the 3pm games?!

I've never looked into IPTV and don't really know anything about it. Naive I guess. I'm guessing it's similar to Kodi and that type of set up?

Open to suggestions on how and what to do to go about getting IPTV. £100 a month, is £100 a month! I pay it through gritted teeth, and want a solution to not get ripped off every month! 

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I've never looked into IPTV and don't really know anything about it. Naive I guess. I'm guessing it's similar to Kodi and that type of set up?

Open to suggestions on how and what to do to go about getting IPTV. £100 a month, is £100 a month! I pay it through gritted teeth, and want a solution to not get ripped off every month! 

What are you getting for £100 per month?

Â