Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

3 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Posted in the Sky Q thread in Tech Room and Stevo directed me here.  I'll copy my original post below.  Using the online system it seems the cheapest I can get Sky Q with UHD and Sky Sports is £52pm, which still seems excessive considering it's not including broadband etc.  I'm not a returning customer.  Anyone got any advice / links on good deals for what I'm after?

Go on their live chat and ask them what the best deal you can get is?

When they offer you something say you can't afford it.

I guarantee they'll offer you a deal that's better than what it says online.

If I added sports at full price to my package I'd be paying £46 a month, that's with the 2TB box, HD/UHD and a second box for the bedroom. I know that's only £6 cheaper than you've stated but it's something.

4 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Posted in the Sky Q thread in Tech Room and Stevo directed me here.  I'll copy my original post below.  Using the online system it seems the cheapest I can get Sky Q with UHD and Sky Sports is £52pm, which still seems excessive considering it's not including broadband etc.  I'm not a returning customer.  Anyone got any advice / links on good deals for what I'm after?

Try the links over the last few pages, I’m away till the weekend so have a play and see what they offer you. 

Let me know what you get offered and I’ll see what’s about. 

11 hours ago, Xela said:

NOW TV means I don't ever need a full SKY subscription. Have the Movie & Entertainment passes all year round and the Sports one for the NFL season. i like the flexibility of it. 

Don’t think now tv works abroad though ? ( Unless you VPN it )

On 02/04/2018 at 23:22, Kingman said:

Yeah can confirm this as of April 1st as currently in Portugal, only thing that’s not accessible is your personal planner/recordings. 

Live tv, catch up and downloads are no issues. 

To add to this I can confirm that record requests can be sent to your Sky Q box should you forget before you leave the country. 

As i dont get back till the 2nd half i have been trying to record the Norwich game over the last few days but kept getting a record request failed notice pop up. However today I got a record requests sent to Sky Q box so guess they were having a few teething problems with initial set up. 

Edited by Kingman

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair you've been able to send record requests to your box via your phone for years on Sky +

Not from another country though mate. 

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Not from another country though mate. 

Yeah you could , done it loads of times ... that’s sorta the whole point of the app

you couldn’t watch anything back or control the box ( have to be on the same Wi-fi network for that ) but you could def set programs to record from abroad 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I'll be in Paris for a week starting Friday. Will I be able to use Sky Go abroad? 

Don’t see why not ,the law came into effect on 1st april this year that you can access home subscriptions ....it even applies to Amazon prime and Netflix .... in theory even BBCi player but the U.K. govt appeared to be challenging the law on it  so it isn’t available just yet 

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah you could , done it loads of times ... that’s sorta the whole point of the app

you couldn’t watch anything back or control the box ( have to be on the same Wi-fi network for that ) but you could def set programs to record from abroad 

To be honest I've only ever tried from Mexico over the last few years but never had any joy mate so guess I wrongly assumed it applied else where.

Ended up getting a sling box about 8/9 years ago and that solved all the issues of taking your Sky package with you anywhere in the world. 

Edited by Kingman

15 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I'll be in Paris for a week starting Friday. Will I be able to use Sky Go abroad? 

Yeah but you can't access your personal pre-recordings planner (well I can't in Portugal) 

Everything else works fine, Live TV, Catch up/On demand, pre-downloads.

If you have things in mind then maybe best to download them to your device beforehand pending your locations WiFi limits. 

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Definitely my experience too. From France and Oz.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried signing up for Sports a few weeks ago but refused it when they told me it was £20 a month for 18 months minimum.

They rang me a couple of weeks ago and offered me all the sports for £15 a month for 6 months so I snapped it up.

MIght be worth trying for anyone interested.

What DID piss me off, was that didn't include HD sports. Even though I pay for HD, and have UHD unlocked, I rang them up and they said it was £6 a month on top of the sports package for HD sports!

So I told them to cancel the whole thing, sports included and they eventually added HD sports (including UHD) for £2 a month.

So ultimately I'm paying £17 a month for HD sports for 6 months.
Considering it would usually be £26 a month for 18 months minimum, that's not too bad.

Worth a try for anyone thinking of getting sports

(Yes I'm aware it's probably cheaper for 6 months because the football season is ending)

• 3 weeks later...

Put my cancellation notice in a couple of weeks ago as my previous discounts had expired, Bill had gone up to £96 from £56pm. 

Anyway just spent 20mins on live chat and got my existing package reinstated for £50pm all in. 

Sky Q, All channels. Sports/Movies etc, UHD, Box sets, Sky Go, Multi room box. Happy days. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 3

For those interested or if your current discounts are coming to an end this is what I did to get this year's discounts applied. 

Called Sky for review on 14/4/18 as Existing deal of £56pm recently expired making it £96pm.

As above, Got got all the channels sports, UHD, movies box sets etc, 2tb box with one multi box.

Best offer on the 14th from retentions dept was £72pm for everything expect kids channels, Told them to process the cancelation so will wait and see if any 40/50% offers come my way from cancellations dept. 

Fast forward to 9/5/19... 

Went on to The My sky App to check current offers but nothing was showing as only giving me the option to call or use live chat. 

Anyway went on live chat and used ye olde tactics of "Recently received a letter with 50% off to come back to sky" Been using this for a while to upgrade family members and mates So was surprised at it still being offered,

My new offer probably works out around 48% off but still very happy. I had been on a Friend's and Family offer code for the last 18 months so wasn't expecting it to be offered below the previous £56pm. 

Let me know if you need any help. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kingman said:

For those interested or if your current discounts are coming to an end this is what I did to get this year's discounts applied. 

Called Sky for review on 14/4/18 as Existing deal of £56pm recently expired making it £96pm.

As above, Got got all the channels sports, UHD, movies box sets etc, 2tb box with one multi box.

Best offer on the 14th from retentions dept was £72pm for everything expect kids channels, Told them to process the cancelation so will wait and see if any 40/50% offers come my way from cancellations dept. 

Fast forward to 9/5/19... 

Went on to The My sky App to check current offers but nothing was showing as only giving me the option to call or use live chat. 

Anyway, i used ye olde tactics of "Recently received a letter with 50% off to come back to sky" Been using this for a while to upgrade family members and mates So was surprised at it still being offered,

My new offer probably works out around 48% off but still very happy. I had been on a Friend's and Family offer code for the last 18 months so wasn't expecting it to be offered below the previous £56pm. 

Let me know if you need any help. 

My parents are thinking of dropping Sky so will get them to try to see if it’s more of what they are willing to pay.

Did you call or do live chat to get the deal in the end?

3 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

My parents are thinking of dropping Sky so will get them to try to see if it’s more of what they are willing to pay.

Did you call or do live chat to get the deal in the end?

Called up retentions to cancel then went on live chat to get the 50% off. 

Â