• Benteke
    • Bent (on for Benteke 79)

-We never win on sky

-We never score from corners

-We never have a player score a hat-trick

-We never score more than 3

-We dont perform in two halfs.

Few myths put to bed last night.

10's all around. Outstanding from Vlaar, Delph (Pele), Lowton n Benteke.

Probably the best game I've been to in the last 15 years of going to watch the Villa.

Very special mention to Gabby Agbonlahor; it may not have come across well over the TV just how much effort he put in last night, but he was an absolute beast. Unbelievable effort, he never stopped running and his goal was pure class. His chasing down of the ball immediately after each of our goals was absolutely crucial.

So many good performances, but for me it was all about Lowton and Agbonlahor, and i'm left quite surprised that he hasn't gained more recognition in this thread. 

• Like 1

Matty Lowton. Tekka Bo saaannn. Best full back performance I've seen in years. Benteke showing what a top class striker is about. Does **** all for about an hour then WHAAAMMMM!!!!*

*not the pop group with tiny penissed gay singer georgie boy.

Best game and atmosphere since the 5-1 Blooz game.   I am hoarse today.  OK I had a sore throat before I went last night but god I can hardly speak this morning!     Difficult when at work having to take phone calls all the time.   Brilliant.  Yes, Witton Upper was rocking as well (I sit there and yes, we were)   Brilliant night - nights like that remind you why you keep on bothering! :D

• Like 1

April 21st 2012

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Sunderland

April 29th 2013

Aston Villa 6 - 1 Sunderland

*Okay I could also include other comparisons like Chelsea 1 - Villa 3 vs Chelsea 8 - 0 Villa, but I won't.

Edited by fightoffyour

I can't find any words. I just want to say thank you VP and AstonVilla for that great, great night. Villa Park was really rocking and the players answered with a magnificent performance. Yes, we might've been a bit dodgy in the first 30 minutes, but once we found our feet we left them with no chance. Still, knowing Villa, I didn't feel safe untill they got Sessegnon sent off. Then I could relax. :-P But truth to be told, they were never really up for it. Apart from the first 5 minutes and that goal they never looked like scoring.

So Villa Sweden says thank you and you're welcome (after 11 or 12 spring trips we're yet to lose a game).

And Lowton was my motm.

UTV!!

• Like 1

Had my first child born on Sunday at 01:28am and then this happened on Monday night! Best weekend a man could ever ask for and I havent even drank!! Sadly didnt get to fully concentrate on the match to have an accurate opinion of MOTM but can safely say Lamberts signings showed a good glimpse of what lies ahead last night! Absolutely incredible! Come in to work today with the biggest smile ever!!

If we can keep hold of Benteke and Weimann, aviod the drop, and dispose of the dead meet encouraging mr Lerner to put his hands into pocket, I think we could have a big year next year!

Buzzing!!!!

• Like 3

Had my first child born on Sunday at 01:28am and then this happened on Monday night! Best weekend a man could ever ask for and I havent even drank!! Sadly didnt get to fully concentrate on the match to have an accurate opinion of MOTM but can safely say Lamberts signings showed a good glimpse of what lies ahead last night! Absolutely incredible! Come in to work today with the biggest smile ever!!

If we can keep hold of Benteke and Weimann, aviod the drop, and dispose of the dead meet encouraging mr Lerner to put his hands into pocket, I think we could have a big year next year!

Buzzing!!!!

Congratulations!!!  :)

Guzan - £600k from the MLS

Bennett - £2.75m from the Championship

Baker - Academy

Vlaar - £3.2m from the Eredivisie

Lowton - £3m from League 1

Delph - £8m from League 1

Westwood - £2m from League 2

Sylla - £2m from Ligue 2

Agbonlahor - Academy

Weimann - Academy

Benteke - £7m from the Belgian Pro League

Not bad really.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

You have to feel for Newcastle fans.

Nope, sorry, can't stand 'em. More sympathy for Sunderland fans myself

To be fair my comment was more in the spirit of schadenfreude

than actual sympathy. 

• Like 1

Great night, players all up for it, especially after their goal, great reaction from them and the fans, Villa, Villa seemed to do the trick ay?

It really needed them to roll their sleeves up and get into the game and that is what they did, Gabby getting stuck in, I watched him running from flank to flank hassling their full backs into errors, the others did the same all over the pitch and the fans played their part, Sunderland's players crumbled under the pressure.

Lowton was fantastic, I have never seen a fullback performance that good from a Villa player, simple. Benteke after a slow start, being surrounded by 3 Sunderland players most of the time, started to delay his jumps and the Sunderland players started to lose control of him.

My MOTM is Gabby, he may not have the delicate touch that would make him a top top player but last night he wore his heart on his shirt and gave everything, he played like a fan would.

Thank you Gabby, Benteke and all the Villa players and the fans, what a fantastic Monday night, like lol ;-)

• Like 2
Â