• Lowton
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bent (on for Benteke 79)

Gabby still frustrates me. That moment he got the ball, stood still, then passed it out of play when Bennett was overlapping was quite telling IMO.

Of our three forward players, he's the one that should make way for someone a little more creative.

He's been a major part of our revival. There's nothing wrong with the front 3. We need to sign another young forward as backup though.

Gabby still frustrates me. That moment he got the ball, stood still, then passed it out of play when Bennett was overlapping was quite telling IMO.

What happened there? It seemed like at first he'd stopped thinking he was going to get called for a foul. Then that didn't happen so he just walked a few steps with the ball, doing nothing -- I almost thought he was going to kick the ball out of play thinking the guy he'd barged off the ball was injured. Then that piss-poor pass to Bennett. The announcer on TV (Pleat, I think) suggested he was showboating. It was puzzling, especially given his performance in the whole rest of the match, which I thought was great.

I think it was showboating. There was a bit of arrogance/confidence to his play at that point (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). He was waiting to play a perfectly weighted pass like Pelé to Carlos Alberto in 1970.

Didn't quite work out that way.  :)

Of our three forward players, he's the one that should make way for someone a little more creative.

He's been a major part of our revival. There's nothing wrong with the front 3. We need to sign another young forward as backup though.

I agree, particularly if bent moves on. Delfoneso isn't good enough.

Â