• Lowton
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bent (on for Benteke 79)

We were professional, clinical and above all sheer class. We actually looked like a CL team and if Lambert is to be a success here then this is the result and performance he will look back on as the turning point.

For me Lowton MOTM. An astounding FB performance that would have left Ashley Cole in his wake with both Westwood and Benteke outstanding.

Very, very proud to be a villa fan tonight.

• Like 1

Wow.

Considering the lows as a Villa fan we have had to endure the last two seasons, that was the most important and exciting win in a very long time. What a way to turn things round, a win at Norwich and were safe.

The whole team was exceptional, been impressed with Lowton all season culminating in his best performance for us. His attacking play and skill is brilliant, reads the game so well and is solid at the back. 

Special mention to Bennett aswell, he has had stick but again really good from him. If he bulks up, he can become a good player for us. Has skill like Lowton and is very good going forward.

And then Benteke, just unbelievable, no words can describe his impact.

10 marks all round.

UTV

**** hell, what a game.

At 1-1 i was taking maybe we are going to **** up another lead.

Second half was beyond amazing. Benteke is obviously MOTM, but Lowton and Sylla did the dirty behind the scenes. Gabby was Brilliant too. Too many players to mention because they all had a very good game.

Guzan 7 - Top save at the end.

Lowton 10 - MOTM. His reading of the game was phenomenal. As well as his passing, tackling and touch. Looks full of confidence after that screamer and I'm very happy for him.

Vlaar 8 - Good goal. In my opinion, we'd be higher up the table if he had been fit all season.

Baker 7 - Solid

Bennett - 7 - Tidy on the ball, weak in the tackle

Westwood 7 - Our metronome. 

Sylla 7 - Unbelievable work ethic and stamina. 

Delph 8 - I think he's come on leaps and bounds. Less silly tackles and an improved touch. He adds balance to our midfield three.

Weimann 7 - Great finish! Could have grabbed another.

Agbonlahor 7 - Clinical goal. Happy for him too - especially after his first half miss.

Benteke 9 - Beast.

Â