• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bent (on for Benteke 79)

Unforgettable night at VP!

Went absolutely mad for each of the first 3 goals.

Then as the 4th, 5th and 6th went in I just couldn't celebrate, it was as if it couldn't really be happening, we absolute spank somebody.

The fans have earned this, we've suffered this season and tonight was our night, atmosphere even topped the QPR game, which is saying something. Even after the equaliser it wasn't long before the noisy Holte got back in full flow backing the boys. I even saw fans in the Trinity Road middle tier up and singing at one point in the second half, now that's a first!

• Like 1

Back from VP via a detour to the pub to celebrate this victory, biggest I have ever seen at VP :) I'm not pissed ;) Benteke, Lowton and Sylla the 3 stand-out players for me, probably give Benteke it just for his hat-trick. Bring on the poorest quality side in the relegation battle on Saturday, Norwich, 3 points will do, a 6-1 win will also do lol. So proud to be a Villa fan right now #stayingup #pissed. 

Back to being a happy Villa fan, Di Canio can **** off back to Sunderland, saying VP was an easy place to go lol 

Edited by Avflife

Best day ever! Can't fault anyone in a game like that. Forwards all great & get the headlines, but both fullbacks also v.impressive and Sylla/Westwood/Delph made for a good CM combo.

That midfield combination impressed me too.

....but 2 ball winners and a creator always has.

My only regret was that I wasn't there to witness such a fantastic spectacle in person. Ironically I went to this fixture the last two seasons in a row and both games were shit.

Hope those that did go enjoyed it. I certainly did watching it on TV. :cheers:

Edited by Mantis

My only regret was that I wasn't there to witness such a fantastic spectacle in person. Ironically I went to this fixture the last two seasons in a row and both games were shit.

Did the atmosphere sound good on TV? 

folk look at all the ugly work Benteke does and praise him rightly so for his industry and presence.

The guy has the feet of a ballet dancer.

His foot work is simply sublime and IMO competely overlooked.

how the hell do we hang on to him.

He will develop in to a Ibrahimovic at this rate.

Very.

Atmosphere sounded GREAT on TV. After the 4th or 5th goal went in, they showed the Holte End, packed full of dancing cheering celebrating Villa fans. Beautiful. So jealous! One of these days I will get out there to see a match live.

went to the game tonight, what a fantastic night..... and a great atmosphere ... big praise to the Holte.

so many good performances after a tricky start against a team fighting for their lives and in good recent form.

Aston Villa tonight showed a togetherness that was easily identifiable almost similar to Munich & Dortmund.... Not saying we are in their league, just saying the togetherness looked similar.

some performances that the players must be proud of.

On Sunderland, Di Canio may be in charge now by my god was that an end of season O'Neill team if ever I saw one!!

oh don't worry it will be deflected....its now a Di Canio team.

I seem to recall a similar villa score at newcastle just a few weeks after the messiah left.

think the penny is starting to drop in many quarters now.

Best game I have been to in the 15 years I have been going to VP. Couldn't have been more perfect apart from us conceding a goal yet again! But let's forget about that.

All of the players were fantastic, they were lions out there. There are so many names that can be singled out but like most have said Lowton and Benteke shone the most, I was really impressed with Sylla too. Most of all the crowd were epic! Best atmosphere in VP in a long long long long time, over the season I think the fans have been very good given what we have been served up, and tonight we got what we deserved. The crowd played a big big part in it though, almost certainly a 12th man and as close to a Dortmund atmosphere Lambert probably could have hoped for.

What is important now is we use the victory in the long scheme of things, tonight has been a great night but we need to use it to our advantage. Our players should be full of confidence, and we need to take that into the remaining games. Of course we don't want to be overconfident, which can happen with such a young team.

What a night though, all the suffering of this season is somewhat made worthwhile with victories like this and the one at Anfield. I may be easily pleased but that was worth waiting for!

Â