• Lowton
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bent (on for Benteke 79)

I'm now watching the re run on Abu Dhabi Sports 4, deliberately keeping the Arabic commentary on just to hear them emulate the Brazillians of old...

"Gol gol gol gol gooooooaooooooooaoooooooaaaaaaaaaallllllllllll!!!!!! Bentekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Splendid.

What a fantastic performance by the boys. They were a joy to watch today. I thought Lambo's tactics were bang on, we had to go 4-3-3 and boss the game in possession and boy oh boy did it work!

Guzan 7 - Nothing he could've done about the goal, otherwise solid.

Lowton 9.5 - What a game this guy had. Breathtaking. As much as Benteke will steal the headlines, I thought Matty Lowton was the difference. What a classy performance by the young man. One of the best performances I've seen from a Villa man in a long time. Wonderful.

Baker 7.5 - Didn't notice him, which is what I love too see from centre backs. Very accomplished performances from Baker.

Ron Vlaar 7.5 - Wasn't as defensively sound as Baker, but what a great goal to open the scoring. OOOOHHH AHH RON VLAAR!

Bennett 6.5 - All I wanted from a full back, solid enough defensively and looked bright going forward. More of the same please.

Sylla 8.5 - Showed how much of a beast he is. Showed everyone he is the only midfield destroyer we had. Dominated midfield and looked very lively going forward. Although his passing could improve, I think he should be starting for the rest of the season.

Westwood 8.5 - Kept things ticking over,. and did what Westwood did great in his usual withdrawn and subtle style of play. No thrills just get it and move it on, everything we did came from Ashley.

Delph 7 - Delph worked hard and played well. I've been calling for him to be dropped, but fair play to him, he played well today. I'd like him to be a little bit more tidy in possession, but other than that, more of the same from Delphy.

Weimann 7.5 - What a gun he is. Works tirelessly and he is a very accomplished finisher. Cannot help but love Andi.

Gabby 7.5 - Congratulations to him for being our top goal scorer in the prem. Was always a threat with his pace, and looked really lively. 

Benteke 8.5 - Started the game poorly tbh, but grew into it and what more can I say...I hope he starts every game poorly if it means he gets 3!!! He is a goal machine.

Subs

Bent 5 - Didn't look sharp and his first touch let him down.

• Like 1

I'VE SEEN US WIN A MATCH ON TELLY AT THE PUB, OH MY **** DAYS. 

Guzan 8 - even when he's not at his best he's good. Got away with that fumble I think at 2-1 up though. 

Lowton 9 - Superb performanc

Vlaar 8 - great goal mostly great in defence but a couple of moments which were a bit suspect

Baker 7.5 - didn't do anything wrong fine game

Bennet 7/5 likewise, good game, overshadowed by his colleague on the right flank though

Delph 8 excellent hustle and drive

Sylla 8.5 superb in the midfield, if there is a criticism he did pass backwards a little too often, a bit of the Boateng about him there!

Westood 7.5 fine game, 

Agbonlahor 9 - excellent outlet, well taken goal, really is a big player for us IMO

Benteke 10 - hat-trick. nuff said, is a beast. Was quietish until then

Wiemann 8 - good goal, was quiet until then, but could have had a second. 

All over top stuff. 

As you may have guessed, I left the thread at half time to watch the second half in the pub, but I will now take the credit for Benteke's hattrick. 

To make it even better, there were a couple of Sunderland fans in there.... 

:hooray:

• Like 3

Well. In the end I loved that. It was good seeing a bunch of you too, again and new ones.

You can't argue with the score. So I'm not allowed to say right up until we exploded into action in the second half I was seeing exactly why we are near the bottom. So realistically the scores I'm seeing for some players are way exaggerated

But we won 6-1 so who cares?!

Special about to Gabby for having fight. Tad aggressive at times but hey... No worries.. A little elbow on the keeper. A nice shove off the ball to get possession back from the wing.. Sweet

Some poor refereeing. Some bad defending

But six goals.

Lowton was the first half motm

Well that was just mental! Never saw that coming. I said to my old man, jokingly, at 4-1, "We'll win this 6-1!"

Think it's all been covered, but Lowton was MOTM for me, Bennett had the best game I've seen him play, and Delph, Westwood were great too, What can you say about Benteke? What a signing!   

• Like 1

99/100 times you would give it to a striker scoring a hat trick, but tonight I saw a Full back run a game like I have never seen in the Prem, and only rarely at international level.

Absolutely match controlling and winning perfromance from Lowton.

• Like 2

Wow, just wow!

I think the thing that I was most impressed with tonight was how well we played once the players played with confidence.

It was nice to watch a second half without shitting my pants, it feels like it's been a long time coming!

Speaking of coming, I'm off to wank over the highlights....

Up the f***ing Villa!!!!

Â