• Lowton
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bent (on for Benteke 79)

Just back from B6. This goes down as one of the unforgettable nights under the villa park floodlights . Just epic, and what noise. Nights like this make it all worthwhile .

Do you still disagree with my view that we should go out all guns blazing for 90 minutes? ^_^

Just back from B6. This goes down as one of the unforgettable nights under the villa park floodlights . Just epic, and what noise. Nights like this make it all worthwhile .

Do you still disagree with my view that we should go out all guns blazing for 90 minutes? ^_^
Partly it was classic counter attacking though. Weimanns crucial goal just before HT was a brilliant counter attack

Just back from Villa Park. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Isnt it nice to smiles rather than frowns at the end?! Villa got better as the game progessed, once we started to pass instead of lumping it to Bentenke.

The second half was liquid football.  Lowton was brillant, Bentenke was a beast and everyone played a part. Sunderland in fairness fell apart after the sending off but how clincial were the Villa?! The only downsides are my blooded shins over too much goal exictment but what the hey.

What a night. Still not save yet but this is what the future may hold. And isn't it exciting?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

I am not going to sleep tonight, the adrenaline is still pumping. The repeat is on sky at 1.30, so I think I'll be watching that.

Just read the whole match thread too. Favourite post was Supernova26's "I WANT TO W@NK OFF BENTEKE"

Just back from Villa Park. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Isnt it nice to smiles rather than frowns at the end?! Villa got better as the game progessed, once we started to pass instead of lumping it to Bentenke.

The second half was liquid football.  Lowton was brillant, Bentenke was a beast and everyone played a part. Sunderland in fairness fell apart after the sending off but how clincial were the Villa?! The only downsides are my blooded shins over too much goal exictment but what the hey.

What a night. Still not save yet but this is what the future may hold. And isn't it exciting?

They were 4-1 down at the time of the sending off. 

Granted I don't get to as many matches as I used to but it has been a hell of a long time since I have heard the Holte roar like that, just wonderful.

Benteke will make the headlines but Sylla and Westwood were immense, Delph and Gabby never stopped fighting and showed genuine quality on the ball and as for Lowton... OUTSTANDING!!!

Credit to Lambert too, he got it spot on tonight and I'm sure he'll keep their feet on the ground as we lead the charge on Carrow Road.

UTV

Fairplay Brumerican you called it spot on . I bow down to your genius.

Takes a lot of balls to admit when you are wrong. Fairplay.

Fairplay Brumerican you called it spot on . I bow down to your genius.
Takes a lot of balls to admit when you are wrong. Fairplay.

Ha ha . I think it was a combination of the two. Plus our defence whilst we conceded one didn't give much else away all night.

Partly it was classic counter attacking though. Weimanns crucial goal just before HT was a brilliant counter attack

Bollocks. But seeing as it's such a glorious night...

One moment does not define a performance. It was "partly" counter attacking yes, in particular that goal. But for the most part we went for the jugular, as suggested. How about a little humility?

You don't know how hard it is trying to stay composed in the press area (match report is on my blog hint hint) when we're battering a team! 

Was sat by the Villa media team but we just gave in in the end. 

We were bloody sensational. That performance has been coming for ages. 

Matt Lowton though. What a **** player.

Think their keeper deserves MOTM :-)

Actually one of Benteke's poorer games and he got 3 goals ... Go figure

Lowton got my vote guy couldn't do anything wrong tonight

I agree. Up until he got the head tap in, I was worried he looked off.

Gabby did too until he came super close to scoring

Lowton was indeed the fans motm

Â