FIFA 14

hogso

It's Team Pressure and High Pressure. They might have custom tactics, but that combo usually does the trick.

I've tried that and it still doesn't seem as intense as when I'm up against it.  I've heard of people using custom tactics to set aggression to 100.  I've also read about people "using contain" but I'm not sure how that works out.  I'm never sure how to play with the attack level too - some prefer Ultra Defensive, other Ultra Attacking.

Yeah I read today that people are making custom formations, putting the pressure to 100 and the aggression to 100. They must be the games where people just charge at you and it's impossible to do anything.

I wish they'd take custom formations out of online play. 

I had my first game on FUT today.... how slow is it? Last year it was waaaay too fast, this year its too slow. Why don't they just leave it at the pace of seasons? 

Edited by PieFacE

They've released a patch for PC and the console patch will arrive next week. Among fixes:

• Balancing lofted through balls. 
• Balancing attacking headers. 
• Balancing finesse shots. 
• Improved defender switching during crosses. 
• Freezes while making substitutions during gameplay. 
• Freezes while entering and exiting Leaderboards. 
• Improvements made to Dynamic Camera. 
• Corrected crowd sections in Signal Iduna Park. 
• Corrected “Any” and “GK” filters in Pro Clubs. 
• We've responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date. 

You could tell it was shit from the demo, I don't know why so many people have bought it, mostly out of habit it seems.

I'm not buying this or PES (never actually owned a PES, but I thought it was the better demo).

They've released a patch for PC and the console patch will arrive next week. Among fixes:

We've responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date. 

does that mean Benteke will be improved to about 85 rating be because his current is **** abysmal?

• We've responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date. 

Still too many problems that aren't even listed in that patch.

I had an CPU controlled player running up and down the touchline rather than take a throw in.  He did it until halftime but the ref would not blow up with the ball out of play so it took a complete reboot to get out of the game.

Got the game yesterday for 360. Splashed out £59 on the ultimate edition. So far I have had 'online unavailable at this time', 'store unavailable at this time' and now the game has frozen during a pause on FUT playing against the comp.

Gameplay wise, it's so damn slow. It's like turning HGVs on a pitch instead of little players. Some of the passing is wayward and it the movement towards lose balls is hopeless, making intercepting almost impossible.

My record against the comp so far is good on professional level, but playing my mate who I smashed nearly all the time on FIFA 13 has been difficult - played him 4 times, lost 3 and drawn 1.

Can't get to grips with it yet.

Edited by Tayls

-My biggest CB always waits outside the box on defensive corners so I concede about every 3rd one!

-The defensive switching is outrageous! I set it to high balls and it still switches at ground passes which has cost me countless goals.

-It feels like the players have anvils attached to their knees when altering direction.

-Puyol is somehow faster than Lucas.

-Ireland rated almost the same as Benteke

-Gabby gets a pace downgrade

-Guzan is worse than most of the Premier League keepers (his inform sucks too)

-It takes seconds until the players actually shoot. (This was a great improvement from 07 to 08 but noooo they have to f*** ir up again)

And the list goes on...

-My biggest CB always waits outside the box on defensive corners so I concede about every 3rd one!

-The defensive switching is outrageous! I set it to high balls and it still switches at ground passes which has cost me countless goals.

-It feels like the players have anvils attached to their knees when altering direction.

-Puyol is somehow faster than Lucas.

-Ireland rated almost the same as Benteke

-Gabby gets a pace downgrade

-Guzan is worse than most of the Premier League keepers (his inform sucks too)

-It takes seconds until the players actually shoot. (This was a great improvement from 07 to 08 but noooo they have to f*** ir up again)

And the list goes on...

Guzan has been absolutely godly for me. His reactions are really good so he stops almost every shot.

The most frustrating thing about this game for me is definitely the foul system. It just doesn't make any sense. I went round a keeper who then took me out, I would have had an open goal had he not, and the keeper did not receive any kind of booking whatsoever?

Also, it seems sometimes when you get dragged back by a defender it's a foul, and sometimes it's not. I don't know if they're going for the "real referees are inconsistent" angle. But it's just so bloody annoying. I have no idea if what I do is going to be a foul, yellow card or sending off or nothing at all.

Yeah you get random red cards for nothing quite often. I played a pass back to my keeper from the halfway line, ended up being a stupid glitch goal. Despite just passing it like normal it looked very weird the way it was moving along the floor my keeper left it as if there was nothing there and went straight in. 

Â