FIFA 14

hogso

Just played 2 coop games. 9 goals scored, 7 of them headers, the other 2 lobbed though balls. It's just abuse madness in the higher divisions.

I'm not looking forward to this, currently in division 8 and I've won 11 lost 1. enjoy it whilst it lasts I suppose

More or less fully built the Villa team for FUT14 (Including Bronzes!).... Just need Gabby and Jores... They are going to be so damn expensive though!!! Got IF Guzan too =3 Apparently talk of an IF Bacuna... Would make a nice addition to the team tbh!!

Hate the game compared to 13. Feels like a downgrade. The through balls are so perfect every time it feels like an arcade. The headers are so op it makes me want to cry. Selling it for GTA ill stick with 13

Edited by ForeroGabe

It's like they've built the next-gen game, then stripped it down as much as possible to play on current gen consoles.

FIFA13 was built for this generation of console.

FIFA14 wasn't. 

Is FIFA13 running at 60fps and FIFA14 at 30FPS?

13 felt a lot smoother.

Started career mode and I stupidly didnt load the updated squads so I still had Bannan and Ireland etc.  Bought Kozak, Salah and Barkley.  I have that annoying thing where I am not good enough on Legendary level and too good on World Class level.  I try and play legendary and I just keep drawing or losing.  All about possession and patience - I have none.

It's like they've built the next-gen game, then stripped it down as much as possible to play on current gen consoles.

FIFA14 wasn't. 

13 felt a lot smoother.

They both "run" at 60 FPS, it's the response system that's different. The whole momentum thing means it takes forever for players to turn and if defenders are turned one way, it takes forever to get them turned around.

And yeah, like you said, I think this was meant for next gen and they tried to cram what they could into this year's version. Only about 45 days until next gen though.

FIFA14 wasn't. 

13 felt a lot smoother.

The current generation version of FIFA 14 wasn't built for the next gen, it's got a completely different engine on PS3 and Xbox 360 than the next gen systems

FIFA14 wasn't. 

13 felt a lot smoother.

The current generation version of FIFA 14 wasn't built for the next gen, it's got a completely different engine on PS3 and Xbox 360 than the next gen systems

Oh right. It doesn't feel that way when playing it. :)

I think I am starting to get better at this whole trading thing. Last fifa, I pretty much just played to earn my coins, but this time around, I have been solely trading. I don't even have a team. I have around 140k in coins at the moment and I have quite a few players I am holding onto to sell come this weekend. 

Edited by Czechlad

Spread the secret!

I'm not buying packs this year but to be honest don't know if I've got the energy to get involved.  I got quite into FUT last season but towards the end of the game-cycle I was playing against so many players with that nonsense tactic whereby you just get no time on the ball and the opposition never seem to tire.  You can't play against it.  Life's too short to get wound up with crap like that so I might focus on career mode this time out.

I think I am starting to get better at this whole trading thing. Last fifa, I pretty much just played to earn my coins, but this time around, I have been solely trading. I don't even have a team. I have around 140k in coins at the moment and I have quite a few players I am holding onto to sell come this weekend. 

Sell them coins on Ebay! That's what i am doing/did on Fifa 13 and 14. £15-£20 for 100k.

Trading baffles me, seems like you need to put in a few hours a day to get anywhere and there's just no time for that...

Yesterday I put in at least an hour of trading and I jumped from 18k to 130k. A lot of it is just buying one player in bulk, then relisting him when his price goes up in bulk. You make easy coin that way. For example, when Lukaku decided to go beast mode against Newcastle, his card price nearly doubled. When Lukaku scored his first goal, I went and bought about 20 of his cards for about 8-9k then his price went up to 12-14k. Then when Lukaku scored his 2nd goal, the priced was up to around 18-20K so I listed all mine at that time for 18k. Made nearly 180k within one football match. 

But then there are times when it doesnt work out for you. I bought 15 Welbecks yesterday once he scored hoping he would score again or at least have a good match, but that didn't happen. I am pretty much make 100-200 coin per Welbeck for that. 

Edited by Czechlad

Â