Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Seems very direct, going for the end product. Tekkers would have a ball playing with this fella! Incidently the uploader of this video labels him "the Japanese Iniesta". :) Comments at the youtube site are very favorable as well. Perhaps Hiroshi Kiyotake is everything we hoped Bannan would be?

Looks like Con's got competition ;):)

Seems very direct, going for the end product. Tekkers would have a ball playing with this fella! Incidently the uploader of this video labels him "the Japanese Iniesta". :) Comments at the youtube site are very favorable as well. Perhaps Hiroshi Kiyotake is everything we hoped Bannan would be?

Looks like Con's got competition ;):)

What nonsense, presently I'm making heat maps based on the video above which will be much more spectacular than any of Con's!

We believe #avfc may look to bring in Lukman Haruna.

That guy does half spout so many names out there. Wasn't he the one who suggested that Paul Lambert has offered Belhanda's agent a 'take it or leave it offer'. How would that work without an offer being accepted first.

On to Haruna. It would be a little odd if we have Luna, Bacuna and Haruna is the same 11. ;)  Oh, and he may be 8 years my junior, but we share the same birthday. Sign him up.

Edited by diehardvillan

That guy does half spout so many names out there. Wasn't he the one who suggested that Paul Lambert has offered Belhanda's agent a 'take it or leave it offer'. How would that work without an offer being accepted first.

On to Haruna. It would be a little odd if we have Luna, Bacuna and Haruna is the same 11. ;)  Oh, and he may be 8 years my junior, but we share the same birthday. Sign him up.

The chants would be endless.

Haruna Matata

Bacuna Matata

Luna Matata 

• Like 1

So lets get this straight. We should have unquestionable faith in Lambert because he's made several good signings yet ignore the bad ones he's made and that's my point.

Nobody said we should have unquestionable faith, but he certainly deserves at least a little bit of faith and people who are saying that they trust him with regards to signing players they don't know much about definitely aren't doing so out of "blind faith".

Its more about supporting the manager and players of our club, than it is having faith.

Whoever Lambert brings in, I'll back him and them until they give me reasoning not to.

Ah i thought so.

You're basing your opinion on allegiance to the manager and club as a supporter rather than taking an objective look at the player. That again would suggest to me than your opinion is based on blind faith.

Do we not back all Villa players until they give us good reason not to back them (i.e. Ireland, Makoun etc)

I've never booed a Villa player and have always cheered each and every name as it's rang our prior to kick off because, now wait for this cos it'll blow your mind but that's what fans do.

Fans support the club and its players, the only time you stop doing this is when it becomes obvious that a player does not want to represent Villa any longer,  I don't care if they're short on ability so long as they work hard and try their best, that's all you can ask of any player.

Name me a single Manager that has got all of his signings right?

Even the mighty Ferguson signed Eric Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Juan Seba Veron and Bebe (all for not insignificant amounts of money btw) so it's allowed that a Manager will make the odd poor signing - this is due to something called hindsight.

Morpheus, you're bringing everyone down, if it bothers you that much why not just give us and yourself a break and take a couple of weeks away from it all.

Veron cost Utd 28 million btw

I want this to be true. I am going to spread this rumour in the hope it will help it become true. To the twatter tubes!

• Like 2

Younes Behlanda is set to reveal where he will be playing his football next season with reports claiming he is to choose between England and the Middle East.

Montpellier revealed earlier this month that they had offers from AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray and Aston Villa for the Moroccan international.

But now it is claimed that the club have accepted offers from two clubs - with reports suggesting it is Villa and a new option in the shape of Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira.

"My decision is imminent, I have still got the time to think a bit but I will stand by the decision I will take," 23-year-old Belhanda said.

"I wanted to play in the Premier League, I have the opportunity so let's see."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8796035/Transfer-News-Reports-claim-Younes-Belhanda-to-decide-between-England-and-Abu-Dhabi

Kiyotake looks great in that video (yeah I know it's a youtube vid). Am wondering whether he is really a playmaker though or an attacking mid, also wondering whether Westwood will become fulfil the playmaker role in the future, he is sort of filling it at the moment I guess.

The chants would be endless.

Haruna Matata

Bacuna Matata

Luna Matata 

That's three - keep going ;)

@Morpheus - Just my 2 cents on this - Those that are saying 'if Lambert wants him then I'll back him' and such like aren't saying that out of blind faith as PL is our manager. They are saying it based on the level of research that has been revealed Paul Lambert and his team did on Ashley Westwood before purchasing him.

One would assume that similar levels of due diligence would be done on all targets, so by saying 'if Lambert wants him' they're effectively saying 'if Lambert and his team have a 30 page dossier on a player revealing his positives, weaknesses, value to the the team, attitude, attributes and areas of improvement as judged by professional football scouts and they have come to the conclusion that this certain player will make PL's job of making the Villa a winning team a little bit easier', then I'm thinking there's obviously a good reason to back the manager's decision to bid for that player.

It's taking comfort in knowing that they've looked into that player far more than any of us ever have or could (with the exception of Wes of course).

All excellent points mate and generally i agree but if you look at both replies i have highlighted from the poster in question in my reply to BOF, especially the second one then thats why i engaged that poster. In the poster's second reply he states its more than faith and points to his allegiance to the club and manager. To me thats actually saying no matter who the manager brings in i'm going to back him anyway irrespective of whether the player is any good or not due to being a supporter of our club.

I just think we all should be a little more objective than that but it is only my opinion and thats all it is.

Anyway thanks for your reply.  :thumb:  

• Like 2

I'm a bit confused by this idea of faith, and I don't know what to make of it.

It would be good to have some views from some people who have been brought up in a culture where the idea of faith is important.  Ireland, maybe?

I'm a bit confused by this idea of faith, and I don't know what to make of it.

It would be good to have some views from some people who have been brought up in a culture where the idea of faith is important.  Ireland, maybe?

What would he know? ;)

• Like 2