Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23096926

i've seen this guy mentioned on various topics and he was linked with us but can't find the topic about him, anyway, he looks set to sign for a league 1 or championship club, so maybe he's not quite what some thought he was?

It's a bit of an odd one. If it's playing time he's worried about he'd definitely get given a chance by Lambert, so perhaps Villa just decided they'd look elsewhere.

I think our spending is done until we manage to shift some players.

Think the squad is starting to look ok now, hopefully we'll still sign 1 or 2 higher level players who will improve our regular starting 11.

At the start of the season at least i only think Okore out of our new signings will be a regular starter ( maybe Luna? don't know nothing about him, but can't be worse than Bennet) and i still think our midfield is very very weak.

Delfouneso to wolves would be a good move for him, the lad has ability without the effort, dropping down the leagues will hopefully give him a kick up arse and he can have a decent career for himself, bannan will end up in scotland I think and stevens will go back to ireland

Think the squad is starting to look ok now, hopefully we'll still sign 1 or 2 higher level players who will improve our regular starting 11.

At the start of the season at least i only think Okore out of our new signings will be a regular starter ( maybe Luna? don't know nothing about him, but can't be worse than Bennet) and i still think our midfield is very very weak.

A midfield of Westwood, Sylla and Delph is not very, very weak!

• Like 2

A midfield of Westwood, Sylla and Delph is not very, very weak!

Fair enough, i disagree

No I'd rather they did what they were responsible for and ensure sound finances at the club. In terms of overruling the manager, they set the budget to follow, they set the restrictions up front. Are ou saying each manager worked with no restrictions ?

They do ensure sound finances at the club.. I don't see your point. 

It doesn't fall on Faulker or Lerner at all and 'm so bored of reading that shite - would you rather they overruled or undermined the manager? 

Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it shite.  The owner of a company and a CEO are ultimately responsible for everything that happens at a company.

Ha! I'd love to live in the ridiculously simplistic world you live. 

The Mirror linking us to Nacer Chadli of FC Twente "to convince Benteke to stay". 23 years old, winger and scored 16 goals last season. Says Lambert would consider playing him in the centre.  Anyone know much about him?

The Mirror linking us to Nacer Chadli of FC Twente "to convince Benteke to stay". 23 years old, winger and scored 16 goals last season. Says Lambert would consider playing him in the centre.  Anyone know much about him?

Here is the article - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-nacer-2010335

Only thing I know about him that he was a wonderkid on FM, nothing else really, sign him up lol. Mirror is normally a reliable source regarding transfer information; even though none of the British Press including the Mirror, were first to report any of our 6 signings so far, expect for Steer.

Here is the article - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-nacer-2010335

Only thing I know about him that he was a wonderkid on FM, nothing else really, sign him up lol. Mirror is normally a reliable source regarding transfer information; even though none of the British Press including the Mirror, were first to report any of our 6 signings so far, expect for Steer.

All this speculation & the constant links tp players such as Belhanda, Honda & now Chadli confirm my belief that Lambert will definitely be bringing in at least one attacking midfielder soon.

All this speculation & the constant links tp players such as Belhanda, Honda & now Chadli confirm my belief that Lambert will definitely be bringing in at least one attacking midfielder soon.

Out of those three any of them would do nicely to play just behind Benteke :)

• Like 1

cant blame O'Neill for this one unfortunately

Why is it unfortunate?

Because it's better to blame someone who isn't here, than someone who is still here and could make the mistake again?

Wes, or someone else with a good knowledge of foreign players, can you come up with a list of Belgian, attacking central midfielders?

It's almost certain, imo, that we're going to bring in someone for that AMC position. If bringing in a Belgian player strengthens our efforts to keep Tekkers, then this could also be a possiblity.

We know of Mirales and Dembele, but I can't see Everton or Spurs selling either of them to us, so who else is there that fits this criteria?

Kevin De Bruyne.

But think he's staying at Chelsea, not sure..

What about a loan deal? Unless they think he's ready to play a part this season...

Never going to happen. Apparently he has been told by Mourinho that he would get a lot of playtime next season so he didn`t have to go out on loan. Besides, there would be bigger clubs knocking on that one.