Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

It is actually blind faith if you make the statement if Lambert wants him I'll back him even though you know nothing about the player.

Lambert has made one fantastic signing in benteke and several very good signings but he has also made poor signings so I just don't get why we should back him on every signing he makes and that for me is showing blind faith.

I bet you're fun at christmas.

Post on poster and i would suggest if you don't wish to debate properly then just leave it.

It is actually blind faith if you make the statement if Lambert wants him I'll back him even though you know nothing about the player.

Lambert has made one fantastic signing in benteke and several very good signings but he has also made poor signings so I just don't get why we should back him on every signing he makes and that for me is showing blind faith.

No it isn't because he has a track record of making good signings at Villa.

No-one has said that he hasn't but he has made some very poor signings which did contribute to last season so you'll excuse me if i don't yet have 100% blind faith in our manager especially since he very well near relegated us.

Just because someone are more optimistic and positive than you doesn't mean they're blind. This smacks to me as a silly attempt to put degrading labels on other's opinions to somehow make your pow seem better.

Actually this is what I like most about being a Villa fan nowadays: Having almost complete faith in my manager on the base of experience instead of having to resort to some degree of hope that "this time it will maybe turn out okay" or something like that. Paul Lambert is certainly not a god, nor does he possess a perfect footballing brain (e.g. tactics) but some of his signings so far has been nothing less than revelations. If this dude's dealings in the transfer market wasn't able to make me somewhat expectant and excited I would seriously consider why i bothered being a football fan at all.

Jesssss another thread please

I really hope we haven't slipped up by not taking the more experienced/bigger names in Cornelius or Bony as both seem to be moving to the prem now. Also looks as though the Belhanda speculation is going to come to nothing.

I see teams linked with players and I can't help but feel a little jealous...

So , transfer speculation then. Hope we can shift Ireland and bent, may mean another few signings

Dear Newcastle, please hurry up.

For me they can even have a twofer

Actually this is what I like most about being a Villa fan nowadays: Having almost complete faith in my manager on the base of experience instead of having to resort to some degree of hope that "this time it will maybe turn out okay" or something like that. Paul Lambert is certainly not a god, nor does he possess a perfect footballing brain (e.g. tactics) but some of his signings so far has been nothing less than revelations. If this dude's dealings in the transfer market wasn't able to make me somewhat expectant and excited I would seriously consider why i bothered being a football fan at all.

He is a bit godlike though. Personally I think the man is a genius and that moany fellow on here is chatting balls. 

• Like 1

I think the AMC we'll sign will be our most high profile signing this summer. If Lambert manages to find a good one we'll have a very capable squad which should at the least finish in the top half.

Besides Belhanda have there been any links to attacking midfielders?

I think the AMC we'll sign will be our most high profile signing this summer. If Lambert manages to find a good one we'll have a very capable squad which should at the least finish in the top half.

Popov was heavily linked too, with quotes. 

Bless twitter. Just when it seemed a bit too quiet:

The German press are strongly linking Hiroshi Kiyotake with Aston Villa. Hiroshi Kiyotake is a 23 year old Japan international from FC Nuremburg.

Popov was heavily linked too, with quotes. 

Yeah of course, forgot about him.

Let's not forget we have signed 5 foreign players so far, surely we have to add to the English talent unless he has hope's for Gardner or Albrighton stepping up a gear now their fit. IMO we wont see a new signing for a while yet. Pre-season starts Monday and i can't wait to see how they fair in Germany, maybe this will be key to what he will or will not bring in before the window closes.

The German press are strongly linking Hiroshi Kiyotake with Aston Villa. Hiroshi Kiyotake is a 23 year old Japan international from FC Nuremburg.

Someone on here last week said that HE is the AM we are looking at. There were two people with the same info. It was a genuine sounding kind of rumor as far as I was concerned. 

• Like 2

Someone on here last week said that HE is the AM we are looking at. There were two people with the same info. It was a genuine sounding kind of rumor as far as I was concerned. 

That was me.

And as I said around 12 days ago, we have been tracking him for some time. We made our interest known and according to the guy who informed me of our interest, (someone closely connected to Villa for over 25 years) an offer has been put on the table. He has a release clause.

Take it as it is. It is far from done. Please don't send me abuse for passing this on.

Edited by diehardvillan
  • Like 1