Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Younes Behlanda is set to reveal where he will be playing his football next season with reports claiming he is to choose between England and the Middle East.

Montpellier revealed earlier this month that they had offers from AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray and Aston Villa for the Moroccan international.

But now it is claimed that the club have accepted offers from two clubs - with reports suggesting it is Villa and a new option in the shape of Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira.

"My decision is imminent, I have still got the time to think a bit but I will stand by the decision I will take," 23-year-old Belhanda said.

"I wanted to play in the Premier League, I have the opportunity so let's see."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8796035/Transfer-News-Reports-claim-Younes-Belhanda-to-decide-between-England-and-Abu-Dhabi

I haven't followed this saga so I could well be repeating others but I'd imagine he's been offered huge tax-free wages to go to Abu Dhabi. Might be stalling so the Premier League club increases their wage offer.

I'm starting to wonder whether Helenius might be the AM. Hmm..

Why would you think that when the news we were trying to sign an AM came after we signed Helanius?

Is that a gloomy predisposition I detect?

I'm the least gloomy person about. It certainly wasn't that.

I was just wondering

• Like 1

lol at the people thinking Helenius is our new AM.

Yeah, all of them - by which you mean 1 person who merely 'wondered'.
  • Like 1

Helenius has said in an interview he thinks his best position is behind the striker so its not that far fetched, in the interview he also speaks about being played out wide and up front. I dont think he will be our #10 but I think he will play there at some points during the season.

I think that having players who can switch positions easily during play is Lamberts whole plan, it will make for fluid football if players can drop into other positions then they will be hard to mark from the game. It all sounds good in theory, so hopefully if the players are capable, we will start to see some very exciting football again. We just need to tighten up at the back now, and it will be happy days down at Villa Park again.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused by this idea of faith, and I don't know what to make of it.

It would be good to have some views from some people who have been brought up in a culture where the idea of faith is important. Ireland, maybe?

You'd need a time machine to find many Irish who give a damn about faith to be fair

Helenius has said in an interview he thinks his best position is behind the striker so its not that far fetched, in the interview he also speaks about being played out wide and up front. I dont think he will be our #10 but I think he will play there at some points during the season.

Pretty much this, I think he'll be given a go there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23096926

i've seen this guy mentioned on various topics and he was linked with us but can't find the topic about him, anyway, he looks set to sign for a league 1 or championship club, so maybe he's not quite what some thought he was?

It's a bit of an odd one. If it's playing time he's worried about he'd definitely get given a chance by Lambert, so perhaps Villa just decided they'd look elsewhere.

We all know we need an AM. How about Aubemayang from St Ettiene. Can play as a CAM or ST. Newcastle are interested and he also favours a move to England. He'd probably cost around £8m.

wasnt he one of the top scorers in Ligue 1 this year and last year? £8 mil is a bargain if you reckon that much.

We all know we need an AM. How about Aubemayang from St Ettiene. Can play as a CAM or ST. Newcastle are interested and he also favours a move to England. He'd probably cost around £8m.

wasnt he one of the top scorers in Ligue 1 this year and last year? £8 mil is a bargain if you reckon that much.

plays as a winger too, lots of pace

plays as a winger too, lots of pace

They're asking ~20m for him. Complete non-starter.