Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Also heard #AVFC making Delfouneso, Stevens and Bannan available as part of clear-out. #wwfc Wolves interested in Delfouneso on loan

Villa would like to shift Delfouneso & Bannan permanently but it may just be loans as, seriously, they both earn £20k a week!!!!

I know he works for The Mirror but Nursey doesn't often come out directly with Info that isn't good from what I've seen. (Think he might also be the journo that got Ireland in trouble for dishing out the dirt from within the club?)

Assuming he's right reckon this would take those available to go to:

Given, Hutton, Stevens, Bannan, Ireland, Delfouneso, Bent and potentially Nzogbia although injured

Edited by HalfTimePost

How on earth are those two on 20k a week? Who is the idiot that authorised that?

One of these idiots. 

WQXnYL3.jpg?1

MON would definitely be the one to have suggested Fonz on those wages. He didnt seem to rate Bannan though so I would guess at that being McLeish?

EDIT: I tell a lie, Bannan last signed a new contract under Houllier. 

EDIT 2: And Delfouneso signed under McLeish, cant blame O'Neill for this one unfortunately. It was Mcleish and Houllier.. either way ultimately it falls on Faulkner / Lerner

Edited by HalfTimePost

No I'd rather they did what they were responsible for and ensure sound finances at the club. In terms of overruling the manager, they set the budget to follow, they set the restrictions up front. Are ou saying each manager worked with no restrictions ?

• Like 1

It doesn't fall on Faulker or Lerner at all and 'm so bored of reading that shite - would you rather they overruled or undermined the manager? 

Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it shite.  The owner of a company and a CEO are ultimately responsible for everything that happens at a company.

• Like 1

It's a premier league thing which is why young players will keep being brought in from abroad. I read somewhere the England under 21 team were earning way more than any other team at the tournament and were arguably the worst.

It doesn't fall on Faulker or Lerner at all and 'm so bored of reading that shite - would you rather they overruled or undermined the manager? 

Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it shite.  The owner of a company and a CEO are ultimately responsible for everything that happens at a company.

Come on.

We've been linked with him since last fall, maybe earlier. Would wager they're just recycling, though I wouldn't mind another defensive reinforcement at all.

Edited by the_eristic

Daily Star linking us with Abdoulaye Ba, - really hope that is true - although I somehow doubt it

Think we will only get a right back if we sign another defender now.

He's a central defender 

Daily Star linking us with Abdoulaye Ba, - really hope that is true - although I somehow doubt it

He's a central defender

I know, hence my post?

He's a central defender

I know, hence my post?

XD

The possibility of Bannan,Fonz,Given,Bent,Stevens,Zog and possibly Albrighton would mean that we need a whole new batch of players more. Could be an enormous window, maybe too big in fact. Doubt that all off this will be over in this window..

• Like 1