Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Danny Rose was very good against us, and also pretty good today. He has an attacking side to him that few others match, he can shoot as well.

Highly doubt Tottenham would sell though, will probably play for them next season. Another Kyle Walker really, bread by another team and then back to their ranks.

Not sure how many fans are going to take this but Ryan Shawcross who plays for those anti-footballers at Stoke looks a really solid defender. I scrutinised him close this evening against Sunderland & he really reads the game well & makes some very timely interceptions.

Personally I think he would be ideal to slot in alongside Vlaar to solidify our creaky defence.

Anybody know his contract details or if he is even available?

Danny Rose is a talent for sure but I think 1) AVB would prefer him to Assou-Ekotto who has been inconsistent for them at LB. 2) Spurs would rather loan him again than sell, and failing all that 3) would demand a high transfer fee if they did sell - last paper report was saying Sunderland were considering an £8m bid.

I think there are cheaper alternatives out there to be had that would still suit our style of play on the flanks.

No, not Eikrem. I have watched him play for quite some time and he is not good enough for villa, believe me. 

Nordtveit has just signed a new contract for borussia so I doubt it. He also mentioned that it felt good to stay at a team for a longer period of time and not moving around(since he was loaned out and so on)

Nathan Redmond is someone I want myself but to be fair I have seen little of him lately so not sure on how he performs. Would be nice to take him from them though.

Tom Ince...maybe? There where so many rumors around him going to liverpool so I have a feeling that this summer might be it.

Redmong! No thanks! No sha scum around here thank you very much!

Why?

I mean I hate them more than you, trust me on that one. I just don't get why you wouldn't want a player who is for all intents a very good young prospect, could be had on the cheap in a position we could probably use another option based on the club he currently plays for? Unless he's a massive bluenose, which I know nothing of and would probably rule him out regardless. 

Born in Brum, grew up in Kitts Green, schooled in Yardley, good chance he's a nose I'd say.

id like to see us take a chance on robson-kanu from reading. Think the kid has a bright future

totally agree. I think he could be a good addition to our squad

No way to Danny Rose.... Not a fan to be honest.... He will do a Naughton I feel!! Would much prefer Cavanda!

wasnt a fan myself and thought he was living off that Arsenal goal but at Sunderland he has been by far their best outfield player and be an upgrade on Bennett

No way to Danny Rose.... Not a fan to be honest.... He will do a Naughton I feel!! Would much prefer Cavanda!

wasnt a fan myself and thought he was living off that Arsenal goal but at Sunderland he has been by far their best outfield player and be an upgrade on Bennett

Hmmmm I still wouldn't deal with Spurs for love nor money.... bunch of idiots who will take us to the cleaners... Plus I think Lambert will find someone better... Cavanda or someone else...

No, not Eikrem. I have watched him play for quite some time and he is not good enough for villa, believe me. 

Nordtveit has just signed a new contract for borussia so I doubt it. He also mentioned that it felt good to stay at a team for a longer period of time and not moving around(since he was loaned out and so on)

Nathan Redmond is someone I want myself but to be fair I have seen little of him lately so not sure on how he performs. Would be nice to take him from them though.

Tom Ince...maybe? There where so many rumors around him going to liverpool so I have a feeling that this summer might be it.

Redmong! No thanks! No sha scum around here thank you very much!

Why?

I mean I hate them more than you, trust me on that one. I just don't get why you wouldn't want a player who is for all intents a very good young prospect, could be had on the cheap in a position we could probably use another option based on the club he currently plays for? Unless he's a massive bluenose, which I know nothing of and would probably rule him out regardless. 

Born in Brum, grew up in Kitts Green, schooled in Yardley, good chance he's a nose I'd say.

Rumours has it he's family's villa. But I'm not sure i believe that because of his twitter remarks etc ( Not that i'm following him >__> ) Can't see it happening anyway. Nexxtttttttt

The truth of matter is, that no matter how much we speculate about transfers, we are wasting out breath.

Chances are we will barely know the players lambert will bring in and will have to research their stats.

The truth of matter is, that no matter how much we speculate about transfers, we are wasting out breath.

Chances are we will barely know the players lambert will bring in and will have to research their stats.

Such a good post, you made it twice?

They call that: Doing A Djemba

Not really a link but Aleksandar Dragović wants to come to the Premier League and has been chatting to Weimann about it.

The 22-year-old Austrian has caught the eye of both Everton and Southampton, who are reportedly tracking his progress as they look to bolster their defensive cover for next season.
Dragovic wants to follow in the footsteps of fellow countryman and international team-mate Andi Weimann who has enjoyed a successful spell at Aston Villa.

"I regular speak to Andreas, who has told me a lot about how much he enjoys playing in England," Dragovic told The Sun.

"Its competition at the highest level, which is what I'm looking for.

"The fans are fantastic, and the clubs command a lot of respect around the world."

Basel are well aware of the interest shown in Dragovic but have stated that teams from England 'face a tough fight' for his signature, according to sporting director Georg Heitz.

Arsenal and Sunderland are also said to be keeping a close eye on his situation.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8696962/Transfer-News-Basel-defender-Aleksandar-Dragovic-keen-on-Premier-League

Not really a link but Aleksandar Dragović wants to come to the Premier League and has been chatting to Weimann about it.

The 22-year-old Austrian has caught the eye of both Everton and Southampton, who are reportedly tracking his progress as they look to bolster their defensive cover for next season.
Dragovic wants to follow in the footsteps of fellow countryman and international team-mate Andi Weimann who has enjoyed a successful spell at Aston Villa.

"I regular speak to Andreas, who has told me a lot about how much he enjoys playing in England," Dragovic told The Sun.

"Its competition at the highest level, which is what I'm looking for.

"The fans are fantastic, and the clubs command a lot of respect around the world."

Basel are well aware of the interest shown in Dragovic but have stated that teams from England 'face a tough fight' for his signature, according to sporting director Georg Heitz.

Arsenal and Sunderland are also said to be keeping a close eye on his situation.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8696962/Transfer-News-Basel-defender-Aleksandar-Dragovic-keen-on-Premier-League

He's looked a good player from the few times I've seen him.

Talking of Basel players, I wonder if we'll see Serey Die in the Premiership next season?

He's not long gone to Basel but I could see West Ham or Stoke fancying him.

Spurs reported to be after a fullback called Pereira to replace Asspou Ekotto. Read this somewhere last week but I can't remember where he's from. Sorry, bit of a flimsy link but if true then it would limit Rose's chances.