Weekends football 6/7 April

andykeenan

If you'd have offered me a Sunderland defeat and a draw between qpr and Wigan at the start of the day, I'd have taken that. Newcastle winning was a bit of a pisser but I never really saw them as relegation candidates even though they were down there

• Like 1

Has anyone got a link to match of the day highlights from last night? :)

To be honest, QPR playing with 10 men for most of the game I was expecting Wigan to win. So a point keeps them behind us!

Edited by memoryof82

yeah a point is good really I think. They have Man City away next too. A Game in hand on us, but they cant keep nicking wins like they have been. We have some momentum since the Everton game really. Nice to be out that zone, we've been in there and clawed back out 5 times this season now!

Hahaha loving it. Sunderland back into the bottom 3 as well.

Bottom 3 = Wigan 18th, QPR 19th, Reading 20th. If Maloney hadn't got that equaliser I'd have said that would be how it would be at the end of the season too but Wigan still have a toehold.

I would have been happy with a QPR win but the look on Rednknapp's face at the end was priceless.

FWIW I don't think it would have hit Taraabt had he not ducked. Why did they not spotlight the other players who didn't even jump?!

On a side note, Di Canio pointed out that the Sunderland players weren't fit enough.

Am I right in thinking Houllier said something similar when he first came here?

I believe you are. In fact it was one of the first things Houllier changed by bringing in a Fitness Coach IIRC. Though, lots of Villa players reacted badly to it (Dunne & Collins). Will be interesting to see how the Sunderland players react to it. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â