Weekends football 6/7 April

andykeenan

On a side note, Di Canio pointed out that the Sunderland players weren't fit enough.

Am I right in thinking Houllier said something similar when he first came here?

Hmmm. I wouldn't advise Di Canio to take Houllier as a role model for how to conduct yourself when you come to a new club!  ;)

You are employed by O'Neill and i claim my prize, when your not in the on topic forums defending his honour or pointing out he's not our manager, your in here pointing out that nothing is his fault.

I dont think he can take you to court based on saying anything bad about him on message board

original.gif

I suppose the first point to make in the court case (just before the judge throws the case out) is that it was you, not me, who mentioned O'Neill.

I was thinking of events such as Foolier announcing, against the actual historical evidence, that he'd always seen Villa as a 7th-12th side (just before he plunged us to 19th), ignoring the Villa fans at Anfield, parading in front of the Liverpool fans and "touching the Anfield scarf", saying if he had to lose to anyone he would prefer it to be Liverpool because he liked them, and telling us we couldn't expect to compete with big teams like Man C. Also saying he knew the defence were terrible but he couldn't do anything to sort it out that season.

What has any of that to do with O'Neill? It is entirely a reflection on the fool we were unfortunate enough to have "managing" us in 2010-11. 

And I suggest the fact that you brought Martin O'Neill into this may tell us more about your obsessions than mine (although I readily admit you will be hard pressed to get a good word for Foolier out of me).

(Judge - "Case dismissed!")

"fat Sam" 4 stitches above the eye and a badly bruised knee cap after "an accident in the kitchen"

Ha, yeah right. Mrs Allardyce found him playing away from home ??

**** MOTD the most embarrassing analysis going. Commentator had said during Liverpool/West Ham that Gerrard is not the type of player to dive.

As for Lowton goal what would Hansen know about it. Id like to hear Matt Le Tissier opinion as at least he knows great goals

Zatman I agree. When the commentator said Gerrard is not they type of player to dive I nearly switched over. There is a famous youtube compilation of some of Gerrards best dives. After Bale, Suarez and Young he is the next worse.

It's actually pretty weird how aggressive some people get when O'Neill is criticised.

Anyone else worried that Remy will get GOTM which would rule him out of GOTS if Hansen is on MOTD?

I am actually going to complain to the BBC if this happens.

Edited by Mantis

**** MOTD the most embarrassing analysis going. Commentator had said during Liverpool/West Ham that Gerrard is not the type of player to dive.

As for Lowton goal what would Hansen know about it. Id like to hear Matt Le Tissier opinion as at least he knows great goals

i wouldn't as le tosser hates us too!

I didn't think Hansen suggested Remy's was better to be honest.

In fact I'm sure Kilbane said, and the others agreed with, something like "apart from the obvious goal from Lowton, this was the goal of the weekend"

Maybe I heard wrong.

What pisses me off is that the likes of Hansen Lineker Lawro have had BBC contracts for so long now. Effectively funded by the tax payer these should be maximum 3 year deals non renewable and the punditry should be shared about a bit. I'd rather a broader spectrum of punditry rather than having to endure these rocket polishers every week.

They do different jobs too. Lineker is the host yet he gets slagged off for being a pundit all the time. He isn't a pundit. 

• Like 1

Â