New Kit 2013-2014

NIVillan

Hmm.  As admirable as it is, and it is, I'm not sure little Timmy will be thrilled at the idea of buying a shirt different from the one his heroes wear at the weekend.  I know the plain one is different too but that's an omission rather than an outright different 'sponsor' logo.  Good gesture from the club that might in a way hurt sales of junior replica shirts.

As the father of two, I'd like to think that any parent of a child over 7 or 8 would be able to explain the circumstances. Despite the slight difference in advertisement I know my two would be proud to bear the name of Acorns instead of Dafabet.

Hmm. As admirable as it is, and it is, I'm not sure little Timmy will be thrilled at the idea of buying a shirt different from the one his heroes wear at the weekend. I know the plain one is different too but that's an omission rather than an outright different 'sponsor' logo. Good gesture from the club that might in a way hurt sales of junior replica shirts.

As the father of two, I'd like to think that any parent of a child over 7 or 8 would be able to explain the circumstances. Despite the slight difference in advertisement I know my two would be proud to bear the name of Acorns instead of Dafabet.

This all the way.

Kids will want the shirt regardless. Now and always. Plus kids of the questioning age are more world wise than we were, they know of the Internet, they'll understand what it's all about.

• Like 1

Hmm.  As admirable as it is, and it is, I'm not sure little Timmy will be thrilled at the idea of buying a shirt different from the one his heroes wear at the weekend. 

Ironically, this might make children take notice of the adult shirts even more.

I'm not sure how useful this action will be, if the goal is to shield young children from gambling sites. Might even be counter-productive in that sense.

Anyway, that shirt looks goooood.

Edited by legov

I think it's more to do with it being immoral to have kids walking about as a walking advertisement for a gambling site.

Wasn't acorns removed from the kids shirts when the first team had it?

Ah well, I think it's another great gesture from the club.

I might see if I can fit into an extra large boys shirt if it exists, as the Acorns 25th anniversary logo looks far better than a shirt with that stupid "Daftbet" logo on it.

Hmm.  As admirable as it is, and it is, I'm not sure little Timmy will be thrilled at the idea of buying a shirt different from the one his heroes wear at the weekend.

I'm not sure how useful this action will be, if the goal is to shield young children from gambling sites. Might even be counter-productive in that sense.

Surely the opportunity for parents to have a conversation and educate kids old enough to question the difference is better than trying to shield them from one ot the world's vices?

Surely the opportunity for parents to have a conversation and educate kids old enough to question the difference is better than trying to shield them from one ot the world's vices?

My comment was regarding kids not old enough for that conversation.

The Gambling Industry Code for Socially Responsible Gambling (which some may feel is bit of a contradiction in terms) forbids, among other things, "children’s merchandising in sports sponsorship deals".

So that is most likely why Dafabet won't be appearing on the nippers' shirts

The use of the Acorns logo is probably the result of a desperate attempt by the online gambling industry to cloak their activities in a veneer of feigned social responsibilty.

Guzan 1, Agbonlahor whatever # he chooses (it'll still be 11, but I'm not doubling down on it).

Former will look good at USA games, latter will look great walking around the house.

Â