New Kit 2013-2014

NIVillan

£46 for a shirt?! No thanks. I'll wait till they're cheaper.

Still around a fiver cheaper than most clubs in the league
True. I heard Man Utd's was £60!

My cousin is 7 and asked me for the United kit for his birthday, £55 for the full strip in kids size! Ridiculous

£46 for a shirt?! No thanks. I'll wait till they're cheaper.

Still around a fiver cheaper than most clubs in the league
True. I heard Man Utd's was £60!

At the nou camp club shop last year a Barcelona shirt was €110, about £100 at the exchange rate, with shirts 2/3 years old still on sale for €60/£50, in the club shops in town even espanyol shirts were £60 so it wouldn't surprise me if utd were charging 60 quid in there club shop

Villa fans don't realise how good they have it really.

When it comes to match tickets, official merchandise, a lot of things I can think of... compared with most Premier League clubs nowadays Villa is very good value.

I always used to lose the arguments I had with my scum mates and colleagues when I went on about their away ticket price for the derby game, they just said "it's business. It's what you have to pay in the PL now and if Villa charge 'next to nothing' for match tickets that's up to them"!!

• Like 1

I miss Nike :(

I really miss being treated like shit
I miss kits that don't look cheap. I miss kits you can wash and not worry about any damage.

Nike are shit. They didn't give a **** about us, just giving us a colour change template of their bigger contracts and delivering it after the season had started.

Macron have done exactly the same in farness.  Last year's effort was a similar template to Braga, FC Twente and probably a number of other clubs.  They don't have nearly as many clients as Nike, so it's safe to assume they could have given us a more original and bespoke design - had they wanted to.   

Our training gear was also identical to West Ham's - not good, considering the obvious similarity with the home colours in the first place.

Overall, they've deliverd pretty much what was expected, cheap shoddy looking gear.  Which is a shame, as when they've pulled the stops out for Lazio and Napoli, they've shown they can produce a nice kit. Our kit and the ones that litter the Championship are nowhere near that standard, unfortuantely.

Nike might have had issues with scheduling and distribution with us, but the finished article always looked decent, the training and leisure range was varied and - crucially-  it didn't fall to bits after a few months.  Apart from the 07/08 kit -which was a similar to the Arsenal one the year before-  I don't recall us getting a template 'here's one I made earlier' cast off either.

Proof is in the pudding, let see how this years Macron shirts was compared to the joke that was last seasons!  As much as I disliked the Macron men at the start they are part of the shirt and if I pay full dollar for them then I expect them to stay on the shirt.

It'll also be nice to hear how the claret looks in person with people, last years was too pink for me.

Edited by Killeen30

My Macron men on both my shirts are still intact. What was everyone else doing to their shirts?

Washing them inside out in a normal 30 Wash like I do with all other shirts yet the still peeled off! I know I wasn't the only person that had problems here! Hopefully enough of us complained to rectify that this season!

Edited by Killeen30
  • Like 1

My Macron men on both my shirts are still intact. What was everyone else doing to their shirts?

Washing them inside out in a normal 30 Wash like I do with all other shirts yet the still peeled off! I know I wasn't the only person that had problems here! Hopefully enough of us complained to rectify that this season!

I never did any of the inside out business. I just put it on a low temp wash and i've never had a problem. They don't even look like they're about to peel. Maybe i just got lucky?

It happened on my home shirt twice but my away shirt was ok.

Very strange that some of us had this problem and others didn't! I'll be interested to see how the new one washes anyways and of course what people think of the claret in person compared to last seasons!

The home shirt has grown a bit on me since I first saw it. I didn't notice the embossed 'Prepared' at the bottom on the back before either. I think I prefered the lion that was embossed on last season's kit.

The away is still fugly.

Â