Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

I see Pistorious has appointed a former editor of the Sun to "co-ordinate his media strategy".

That's like shouting "I'm guilty as ****, lock me up now!"

Is it not Max Clifford they call when you are guilty

• Like 1

I see Pistorious has appointed a former editor of the Sun to "co-ordinate his media strategy".

That's like shouting "I'm guilty as ****, lock me up now!"

Is it not Max Clifford they call when you are guilty

I understand he is pretty busy, though I'm not sure they asked him.

There's a lot of people who seem to need "media strategies" to explain their actions.  Though if they want us to accept their actions and their thinking, seems to me it's not "media strategists" they need, but hypnotists.

Where are the legal team who got OJ off ? Maybe they've been scrambled

Johnny Cochrane is dead. I believe the others are still with us though.

OP might want to opt for Steven Gerrard's legal team though.

Who was the black lawyer who did the famous "glove don't fit" speech

Where are the legal team who got OJ off ? Maybe they've been scrambled

Johnny Cochrane is dead. I believe the others are still with us though.

OP might want to opt for Steven Gerrard's legal team though.

Who was the black lawyer who did the famous "glove don't fit" speech

Johnny Cochrane is dead.

'Roid rage' is the latest tabloid speculation.

First thing I said when I heard the news.

The bloke always looked pumped up to the eyeballs on something.

Not really a great reflection on athletics in general if the police stumble across steroids. Shouldn't they have been detected in testing during the Olympics/other race meetings?

Secondly, this whole investigation has smacks of 'Keystone Cops'. Rumours and hear say are rife. Most people seem to have reached their conclusions via tabloid speculation. I wouldn't be surprised if his lawyers and the prosecution compromise on a more lenient sentence on the basis of the impossibility of getting a fair trial. Within hours of him being arrested some cop blabbed that this wasn't the first time they had attended his house to attend to a domestic incident. In the UK, this would have been deemed inadmissable evidence and held back from the jury!

Police uncover ‘working pair of legs’ in Pistorius wardrobe

Police uncover ‘working pair of legs’ in Pistorius wardrobe

oscar-pistorius-feet.jpg

Police in South Africa have discovered more damning evidence against Oscar Pistorius, in the form of two perfectly functional legs in the back of his wardrobe.

Pistorius is suspected of murdering girlfriend Reena Steenkamp, but the latest revelation suggests he really is a proper bastard.

“When I heard that he’d probably shot his super-pretty girlfriend, moved the body and then shot her again, I thought to myself, ‘I bet there’s a simple explanation’”, said sports fan Arnold Gresham.

“But then I heard about previous disturbances at his house, a bloodied cricket bat, a bag of steroids and a secret biology laboratory sustaining his actual, real legs. Well, it does start to make you wonder.”

Gresham had hoped to stay a loyal fan of Pistorius, but the steady flow of revelations is beginning to undermine that.

“We all make mistakes”, he admitted”, “but cheating against the disabled is just wrong. I think he owes us an apology, a bit like Lance Armstrong.”

Pistorius revelations

In the past, being suspected of a brutal, violent murder was enough to cause the public to slowly drift away from their heroes.

But as Gresham explained, he wasn’t truly shocked by the unspeakable crime, until he totted up all of the other sensational details.

“You hear about murders all the time”, said Gresham, “there were more than 15,000 in South Africa last year alone.”

“But it’s hard to be interested, unless the newspapers can find an interesting twist. I hope it’s a long trial, so we can properly vilify him.”

Gresham has decided not to follow in his hero’s foot-steps now, and has cancelled a leg reduction surgery at a back-street amputation clinic.

“I feel stupid for looking up to him, but I guess it’s inevitable with his 37″ inside leg. I used to think he was half the man he really is.”

I think Tuesday will give us a good steer how this will go for OP

I've a feeling he's going to get acquitted. He's the only witness that's alive ;-), he's a national icon, he'll have the best legal team money can buy. His PR campaign has already begun with the court room "breakdown" and "tears"

Â