Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

I think Tuesday will give us a good steer how this will go for OP

I've a feeling he's going to get acquitted. He's the only witness that's alive ;-), he's a national icon, he'll have the best legal team money can buy. His PR campaign has already begun with the court room "breakdown" and "tears"

By the same token they can't be seen to be giving out any preferential treatment. Would be very surprised at anything under 15 years. Saying that, his defence might cite the fact that his case is being affected by 'trial by media'

Since the "I thought it was an intruder" without something else to support it seems to be a non-starter, I suppose that only leaves "Yes, I was beating her and shooting at her, but I didn't mean to hurt her, it was just a game that went wrong", or else "I fell asleep, I thought I was being attacked by an armed assailant, I fought back.  When I came to my senses I found to my horror that it was her.  It was like a dream state, I was conscious and yet not conscious at the same time..."

He might struggle to explain calling a friend and his dad rather than the police though.

And the previous domestic incidents requiring police attendance, and the reported messages on her Ipad from another boyfriend...he'll struggle with a few things.

I met him in the summer on a sponsor thing. Seemed like a lovely, genuinely nice guy.

How wrong i was!! Jut goes to prove everyone has the potential to do evil stuff :-(

Not trying to pick on your mpost particularly Jenny, but I find these posts/quotes/interviews always quite amusing.

What would you have expected? "I met Oscar and he was well weird, threatened to kill me etc".

This looks to be a fairly 'standard' (if that's the right word) case of domestic violence/rage/jealousy taken to the compelete extreme, resulting in death. But people don't walk aroung advertising their 'inner demons'. They don't walk around acting like lunatics or killers (ok, well some do, but you get my drift). 

It's just that you always here the line: "Ooooh, and he seemed such a nice charming man. Never had a bad or cross word for anyone", from next door neighbours, casual acquaintances and the like. But how well do such people really know this guy?

To be fair to Jenny, if the guy was a bit of a word removed, you'd expect it more.

But your point reminds me of when Fritzl was caught and it was all over the news.

They showed some old home videos and the reporter said

"maybe the most chilling thing about these videos, is that they seem so normal"

Made me laugh. Was she expecting him to be running around kidnapping women and raping them in those videos?!

• Like 1

To be fair to Jenny, if the guy was a bit of a word removed, you'd expect it more.

But your point reminds me of when Fritzl was caught and it was all over the news.

They showed some old home videos and the reporter said

"maybe the most chilling thing about these videos, is that they seem so normal"

Made me laugh. Was she expecting him to be running around kidnapping women and raping them in those videos?!

Yeah, I was having a pop at the 'he seemed so normal/he looked so normal' kind of quotes/interviews/reporting, rather than our lovely Jen.

Because, as she says, he seemed nice, but, how wrong she was (probably!). he's not been found guilty yet!

I dunno, he always struck me as a tosser tbh

yeah, especially after that 'toys out the pram' moment when that guy beat him.

Seemingly didn't like not getting his own way ....

Â