Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

No different to being Scouse I guess.  Spend your days telling everybody how brilliant Liverpool is despite moving away from it the first chance you got. 

• Like 1

No different to being Scouse I guess.  Spend your days telling everybody how brilliant Liverpool is despite moving away from it the first chance you got. 

Paul Mcartney ?

Well he'd only been dating this girl 2 months. Seems a bit odd to kill her after 2 months ?!

Well he'd only been dating this girl 2 months. Seems a bit odd to kill her after 2 months ?!

:huh: Seriously, how long do you think someone should date before it's not odd to kill their partner?

Ha ha, no my point was in domestic killings it always seems to be couples who have been together a bit longer. Must be hard to build up that level of hatred in 2 months.

Paul Mcartney ?

I was thinking of Cilla Black too.  Wouldn't shut the **** up about Liverpool when she seemed to be on every show on ITV when I was growing up despite the fact that she has lived in Buckinghamshire since the 1970s. 

:huh: Seriously, how long do you think someone should date before it's not odd to kill their partner?

Ha ha, no my point was in domestic killings it always seems to be couples who have been together a bit longer. Must be hard to build up that level of hatred in 2 months.

South African police stated there have been several police visits to Pistorius' home investigating incidents of a domestic nature in the past. I suspect the killing was not premeditated through 'hatred' but was an extension of snapping in the heat of the moment. The police will be aware of the details surrounding Pistorius' previous issues which may point towards his propensity to losing self control. If someone has that problem I don't think dating time would be much of a factor.

This story has brought up a lot of talk about South Africa in general, and I have to say it sounds like a shithole.

Well it's no secret that South Africa is an all round awful country.

I'm South African and I love the place.

Like most countries it is certainly dreadful in parts, mostly the mining areas, but it is naturally very beautiful. Australia (where I live due to having met an Aussie girl travelling) can't compare for natural beauty imo.

You wouldn't judge the UK based on Bradford or Doncaster.

There's no doubt that there are a lot of dreadful inbred whiteys in the North, particularly around where our buddy Oscar lives. But do try to be a little informed about your generalisations. The history and demographics are very complicated. (For instance the Boer gene pool would be a lot healthier if the British, including my ancestors, hadn't decimated it during the Boer War: Concentration camps are were invented as a way of winning that war.)

AFAIK few people visit SA and come back describing it as you have.

Whatever you hear from South Africans in the UK is hardly going to be an unbiased view: Those people need to believe they have done the right thing by leaving.

Is there anyone here who's actually been to the Cape and thinks SA and South Africans dreadful?

Have a Google for images of Cape Town, Kirstenbosch, Fynbos, Hermanus, the Karoo, the Wild Coast, Kruger National Park, the Drakensberg and check out SOME of the good stuff you're missing.

I'm with Crackpot here, spent quite a bit of time in SA, actually Pretoria specifically, and thought it was absolutely lovely. Obviously you have your shit parts, like anywhere else, but overall, the place is beautiful.

On a side note, my university, Strathclyde, gave an honorary doctorate to Oscar and I was there during the presentation. Spoke to him just a bit and he seemed a genuinely nice guy so a bit gutted by all of this...can't imagine what can bring this sort of thing on.

Shot through the bathroom door..... do intruders hide in the bathroom?

Press conference yesterday confirmed the whole intruder thing had no substance at all and was never his defence.

I'm guessing they had a big row, she went and locked herself in the bathroom. He demanded she come out, she didn't, so he fired a few shots at her through the door.

in fairness its slightly better than the crap the Sun posted this morning on front page. Highly disrespectful

There's a copy of it on the desk opposite me. I don't think disrespectful comes close.

Some People in the UK need to wake up, stop being so bloody minded and find something better to spend their money on than The Sun. I'm happy to categorise anyone who buys that 'paper' as pretty **** stupid.

• Like 1

Â