The Randy Lerner thread

CI

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm having twins. One will be a united fan and one a city fan. Let them enjoy the sport and argue with each other.

No way, I'm having twins too! hahaha

Mine are gonna support Barca or Real Madrid to be honest, Lerner has killed our club, such a sad situation

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

No way, I'm having twins too! hahaha

Mine are gonna support Barca or Real Madrid to be honest, Lerner has killed our club, such a sad situation

Haha weird. .

Yes he really has, relegation, especially this year, is going to cause serious long term issues. And while championship football will be fun for awhile, knowing we're going to really struggle to become a top half premier league club again is pretty disappointing.

35 minutes ago, DK82 said:

He was never there to be backed. The 'project' was a good way for Lerner to stop spending and to use the 'young and hungry' route to make cuts we are still feeling now. People just can't seem to put it all together. It's total bollocks too that there are no alternatives to Lerner. The fact is he needs to be a willing seller... but is he really?

I agree with you. It seems Lerner has led the supporters along, destroying our ambition and identity -  I mean appointing McLeish and allowing us to be ridiculed week-in and-out makes me burn with rage. We have been broken by Lerner. It is a simple case of a disinterested owner getting bored with his toy, we all hoped or thought this would happen at Citeh. Lets be honest, he is an owner who is cut from the same cloth as the Venky's and Mike Ashley.

There has always been an amount of good will towards Lerner given his first four years, and obviously replacing Ellis would have soften us towards any new owner, but I believe there will be a lot more heat towards him in the coming weeks and months. Question need to be asked and answered by this bloke, he has been allowed to get away with so many things for far too long. He has no creditability left in my eyes.

• Like 2

What I find as culpable as the bad appointments, penny pinching, appointing mcleish, reluctance to make changes, etc is the absence of leadership in a dire time of need. Where the **** is he? I blame fox as well for a complete lack of communication. I dont particularly think either of them has  anything worth listening to, but like it or not their at the helm. ones awol and the other says nothing. Just adds to further division in my opinion to an almost irretrievable situation. A simple ' times are tough but we're working day and night to put things right' would at least suggest that we're in it together, which would surely help?  drogba said only this week the value of an owner that cares to the success of a club and an inspiration to the players. 

Edited by JP1982

7 minutes ago, JP1982 said:

What I find as culpable as the bad appointments, penny pinching, appointing mcleish, reluctance to make changes, etc is the absence of leadership in a dire time of need. Where the **** is he? I blame fox as well for a complete lack of communication. I dont particularly think either of them has  anything worth listening to, but like it or not their at the helm. ones awol and the other says nothing. Just adds to further division in my opinion to an almost irretrievable situation. A simple ' times are tough but we're working day and night to put things right' would at least suggest that we're in it together, which would surely help?  drogba said only this week the value of an owner that cares to the success of a club and an inspiration to the players. 

Was going to keep quiet but no point in doing so. A few people will know that I emailed Tom Fox and got a reply, invited to the club a few times and shown what plans were for the future from behind the scenes. 

I shared relevant info here in regards to website stuff, AVTV and so on, however everybody may as well know that I no longer get replies from Tom Fox or anybody from Villa for that matter. Looks like limpid was right!

• Like 1

Lerner has killed this famous club. We will be making a lot of headlines between now and the end of the season but, for all the wrong reasons. The media will love writing our obituary and I fuc***g hope that a great bit mural of it finds its way to Lerner's home, just to remind him of the huge mistake he's made in British - English - football history. 

Generation after generation of Villa fans will remember Randy Lerner as the man who destroyed Aston Villa Football Club. Not that he'll care though. He'll just bury his head into another failed adventure. 

I hope he loses a lot of money when he sells us, the weak-kneed charlatan. 

• Like 1

His gambling with austerity will, funnily enough see him losing more of his own money than he could possibly imagine.

Quite beautiful.

The fans will always be there, you're just passing through, and will quickly be forgotten about.

• Like 2

He needs to go ASAP I accept that. But people who have seemingly accepted and are sort of embracing the fact we may be relegated whilst wanting Lerner gone, are surely going to be in for a nasty shock.

Lerner's task of selling us will become even harder. I very much doubt he will be willing to drop the price tag much lower, as he doesn't HAVE to sell us. Another round of austerity measures will probably be instigated  due to drop in revenues. 

He may even decide to salvage some of his investment through taking out dividends. We could be stuck with each other for a few more seasons. 

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He failed at the Browns, he failed at Villa, he fails in his personal relationships. The only thing he's ever done well at is being born to a rich father.

Even that was passed on to him. He is a loser. Ellis was bad but at least he went to games. This clown has been a cancer to the club

Detest him

Â