The Randy Lerner thread

CI

On 11/27/2015, 5:02:52, DCJonah said:

I think it's been a case of getting the wrong people in at the wrong times. And we continued to make the same mistakes that put us in trouble.

Houllier ruined anything decent about the MON years. He needed us to smash our club record on spending to save us. Look at the money (while we were pissing money away) we've spent on darren bent. 

We then hire mcleish, easily one of the stupidest appointments in premier league history. And while we're meant to be cutting costs we give massive contracts to ireland, hutton, given and Nzogbia. How many of them have been value for money?

And while 90 % did want lambert, i doubt 90% wanted him to be given the budget he was. Sherwood was a desperate appointment and now we're struggling with that.

You make it sound like he's not made mistakes since MON when thats clearly not the case. 

MON left 5 seasons ago, you dont think 5 years is enough time to stop a team like us from going from 6th to the championship?

Every major decision made by the owner has sent the club closer to relegation. Theres a reason why clubs like ourselves dont get relegated often, because its actually difficult to **** up a club like ours as much as this man has. Yet you seem to have sympathy for him.

Rumours that Houllier wanted Benzema on loan that January!! but Lerner said no and he told Houllier that he wanted Bent at Villa,.. As Lerner was a fan of Darren Bent.

Worked well that season in the end but we have lost so much money on high earners and big fees this last few years!

The savviest move he's made was "putting the club up for sale". This insulates him from a lot of criticism and active protest, because "Hey, I'm TRYING to sell the club like you want me too!"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

When was last time "We want Lerner Out" and protests been sung at any games?

Last time i heard it was Swansea away 2 years ago when i went. When we lost 4-0

Apathy doesn't allow it. Because, here is the next thing he has fooled us with, he wants out.

Just now, maqroll said:

The savviest move he's made was "putting the club up for sale". This insulates him from a lot of criticism and active protest, because "Hey, I'm TRYING to sell the club like you want me too!"

Spot on. And trust me, I've heard about interested parties and why they got no further than talks.

• Like 1

Should of sacked Lambert after Bradford and given the new manager some money to buy some actual players who can play football in that January. The mistakes were before that but that has a major contribution to the catastrophic events of the present.

4 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Should of sacked Lambert after Bradford and given the new manager some money to buy some actual players who can play football in that January. The mistakes were before that but that has a major contribution to the catastrophic events of the present.

Lambert was the perfect cover for Lerner though... As is the takeover, as is the next excuse.

5 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Lerner should have (properly) backed Lambert in his second season, when Benteke had signed his new deal and there was some optimism around the club.  

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Lerner should have (properly) backed Lambert in his second season, when Benteke had signed his new deal and there was some optimism around the club.  

He was never there to be backed. The 'project' was a good way for Lerner to stop spending and to use the 'young and hungry' route to make cuts we are still feeling now. People just can't seem to put it all together. It's total bollocks too that there are no alternatives to Lerner. The fact is he needs to be a willing seller... but is he really?

I think that's me done. Around 15 years as a ST holder and I'm not sure I'm going to return. I'm going to become a dad in March and TBH with this guy running the club I just don't want to put my time or money towards it anymore. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think that's me done. Around 15 years as a ST holder and I'm not sure I'm going to return. I'm going to become a dad in March and TBH with this guy running the club I just don't want to put my time or money towards it anymore. 

First things, congrats! There is more to life than Villa - I have found the same. Also getting married and looking to start a family.

Lerner has destroyed this club and the fans suffer. It matters not to him though!

• Like 1

THANK YOU RANDY LERNER

Thank you for failing miserably,

Thank you for every single failure manager appointment

Thank for for not supporting managers and providing peanut transfer budgets

Thank you for ruining our club

YOU SIR ARE A DISGRACE TO ALL FOOTBALL OWNERS IN THE WORLD. well done on your investment you have lost half your value when we go down. Dont expect anything less for a loser American muppet.You dont deserve to wear that tattoo on your body you cretin

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Congratulations, and I don't think anybody would blame you for putting family ahead of football. 

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Dont let your kid support a football team it will only bring pain ;)

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Congrats pal, that makes two of us ready for dad duties! My first season ticket this season and I've not even been to the last two home games (incl. today), because times where usually I'd watch the game instead of work, I've now decided to just get on with working instead. Football used to be an escape for me, that one day of the week where I just forget everything else and enjoy some time on my own.

Now, football is something I want to escape from, I'm sick of it. 

• Like 1

Randy Lerner is undoubtedly the worlds worst owner of sporting clubs. He screwed up at Cleveland Browns and has screwed up massively at AVFC. Not sure who I detest most, Lerner or the senile old git that sold us to him.

• Like 4

Â