The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The structure is in place to try and keep us in the league until he gets the money he wants. Yippee. 

When that's the sole aim, we'll always be down there long term.

Its not all about waiting to be bought by a mansour, Abramovic Jonah. Palace, West ham, Leicester, many teams are doing ok with a good structure in place and a half decent manager.

The time is now (if not to late) to bring in a manager with experience and become one of those teams. Other than throw 100 mllion on this team (which still won't guarantee success) we cannot and will not do it any other way. Even with a new owner, we are not gonna ever win the league anytime soon.

We don't need a city type owner as other teams have shown. But we do need someone who wants more than just survive until they get the maximum amount possible from a sale. 

No one expects to win the league. It would just be nice to support a team that aims to improve and build each season. We just survive and rebuild every so often. **** getting behind that.

We don't need a city type owner as other teams have shown. But we do need someone who wants more than just survive until they get the maximum amount possible from a sale. 

No one expects to win the league. It would just be nice to support a team that aims to improve and build each season. We just survive and rebuild every so often. **** getting behind that.

Im not sure what you expect from a new owner. 100 million a season, cause that is what you'll need to compete now, an it certainly won't happen overnight. The structure is now in place, 50 million spent in the summer is more than alot of other teams. We now need a manager who can take us forward. If anything I do blame Lerner for constantly taking risks with managers. Other than that, I think he has finally come to his senses how a football club needs to be run. Thats if Sherwood goes, ofcourse.

Im not sure what you expect from a new owner. 100 million a season, cause that is what you'll need to compete now, an it certainly won't happen overnight. The structure is now in place, 50 million spent in the summer is more than alot of other teams. We now need a manager who can take us forward. If anything I do blame Lerner for constantly taking risks with managers. Other than that, I think he has finally come to his senses how a football club needs to be run. Thats if Sherwood goes, ofcourse.

Other teams didn't sell their best players for a combined fee of around 40 million. Had we have kept Delph and Benteke we would've spent less than £10 million

Edited by Arj Guy

Other teams didn't sell their best players for a combined fee of around 40 million 

They also didn't spend £57 million quid. Its not about net spend chap!

If I'm being honest the only reason I still watch is habit, I'm addicted to Aston Villa and football no matter how shit they are. It's the same for most fans I guess, and those in power realise that they will still have an audience no matter how little real competition there is. it's probably good supporting Leicester right now but where are they going? are they going to establish themselves above Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool and become a force?

I would love us to get a new owner and with a little investment become comfortably mid table again. And I will watch every week enjoying a few Villa wins knowing it is entirely futile.

• Like 1

So Randy will have now paid out compensation to O'neill, Houllier, McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood (& Wilkins).

And not forgetting small heath for McLeish's tenure. 

Anyone have an idea how much this has cost the club? 

and some keep arguing he's sorted our financial issues from the MON era out. Didn't seem like it with the money we've wasted on players and managers these past few years.

If it's true Garde's coming, im more than sure Lerner will open his wallet in january. There is no chance Lerner will want our club relegated.

I'm not sure. Because of the massive turnaround in players in the summer I think he'll be asked to work with the players we have

Â