The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Anything scrawled on a bedsheet is embarrassing.

They're grown men :crylaugh:

Cheap, easy to do and got the message on SSN. Seems a sensible and effective way to show your message to me

If you say so :D

What should they have done? Can't think of many easier and cheaper ways to get your message broadcast on the biggest sports channel in the country.

I bet you've got to go shopping at the weekend for a new bedsheet, haven't you? :D

• Like 1

Cheap, easy to do and got the message on SSN. Seems a sensible and effective way to show your message to me

What should they have done? Can't think of many easier and cheaper ways to get your message broadcast on the biggest sports channel in the country.

Not wasted perfectly serviceable soft furnishings on a message the bloke they aimed it at already agrees with? 

Not embarrassed themselves and the wider supporter base by waving one pathetic banner? 

I'm all up for clever fan protest. The Ellis £ stuff was excellent - a clear message with a clear outcome that was within the chairman's gift to give.

Whatever you think of Lerner, and no - I don't think he is the devil incarnate - he has put the club up for sale at a reasonable price and been choosy about who he has decided to do business with. He could have flogged us by now to all manner of arseholes but he hasn't because I genuinely believe that he cares about who takes over and he'll only allow it if its in his and the clubs best interests. 

• Like 1

I bet you've got to go shopping at the weekend for a new bedsheet, haven't you? :D

Top Tip - Plan what you're going to write first and make sure it fits. Nothing worse than LERNER Out  for ruining a protest. B)

Edited by Eames

Eames, I won't quote due to the issues it causes. I don't find it embarrassing and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't think Lerner should be protected because he said he wants out. Words mean very little when not followed up with action and after not following up on his promise in the summer I'm hesitant to trust everything that comes out of his mouth. 

The £ signs were brilliant, but they didn't just appear one day out of nothing. The protest towards Doug was something that progressed to that point and even the anti Doug stuff would have started somewhere. 

Your last paragraph is something I disagree with. We'd have not flirted with relegation for the 6th consecutive season if the owner cared about this club as much as you believe he does. I think he lost interest in this club a long time ago, and will sell us to whoever gives him the money he wants.

I'm still not convinced Lerner wants to go as much as he pretends to. The price is conveniently high enough to put people off and with the new TV deal on the horizon I think he might be planning on sticking around. 

• Like 2

Eames, I won't quote due to the issues it causes. I don't find it embarrassing and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't think Lerner should be protected because he said he wants out. Words mean very little when not followed up with action and after not following up on his promise in the summer I'm hesitant to trust everything that comes out of his mouth. 

The £ signs were brilliant, but they didn't just appear one day out of nothing. The protest towards Doug was something that progressed to that point and even the anti Doug stuff would have started somewhere. 

Your last paragraph is something I disagree with. We'd have not flirted with relegation for the 6th consecutive season if the owner cared about this club as much as you believe he does. I think he lost interest in this club a long time ago, and will sell us to whoever gives him the money he wants.

Or perhaps he cares enough to take difficult decisions like not bankrupting us with a wage bill that was larger than turnover at one point. (Yes his fault ultimately - but you can't blame the guy for correcting mistakes) 

There are plenty of sticks to beat Lerner with: awful managerial appointments, the absentee landlord approach to ownership, lack of ambition to take us forward, but you can't criticise the guy for not fancying taking a £200m pain in the arse to get rid of us. You wouldn't do it. I wouldn't do it. You can't blame him for not doing it. 

I'm still not convinced Lerner wants to go as much as he pretends to. The price is conveniently high enough to put people off and with the new TV deal on the horizon I think he might be planning on sticking around. 

To what benefit. If he'd enriched himself as a result of owning Aston Villa I'd be inclined to agree - but he hasn't.

I don't think he plans to keep hold. I think if someone offered him the amount he wants today, the deal would be done. I think he's more than happy to have nothing to do with us until that point, even if it takes a few years. And while that's happening this club will go nowhere. Now putting pressure on him through the media and through the fans may change that, it might not, but I can't see it being harmful. The man has never had much negativity towards him, having his name in the media and the fans turn against him may make him want to sell quicker and sacrifice some finances in order to make that happen.

Didn't Brown's fans increase pressure on him to sell?

Edited by DCJonah

I keep seeing mention of the price. NOBODY knows what that price is. It's easy to say it's too high, but we don't know that. Nobody knows why the club hasn't been sold, but I'd say there's no appetite for the money pit that is a PL club; this is evident by the fact none have changed hands since 2012.

Protests: I love it how people keep getting all angry on internet forums, and will literally post countless times about their hatred for the owner, but not do anything. How can people accuse Randy of not caring when the only 'care' they show themselves amounts to a few cheap and easy words on the internet. You hate him? You believe we should protest? Go and arrange one. 

To what benefit. If he'd enriched himself as a result of owning Aston Villa I'd be inclined to agree - but he hasn't.

I think he wants to hold on for the new tv deal, raise the price to 220-250m after a year or two, whilst continuing to underfund (Garde works, after his work at Lyon). And he will then be satisfied with an even bigger payment for the club. Unfortunately for him I think we are going down this season which will put a big dent in his plans and in turn we will see even more cost cutting.

You don't move goal posts constantly if your aim is a goal...

The fact that the TV deal ££ is coming surely means that anyone wanting to buy the club does so now so you don't have to pay the inflated price due to larger income. Now is the time to buy a PL club - not next season. 

I keep seeing mention of the price. NOBODY knows what that price is. It's easy to say it's too high, but we don't know that. Nobody knows why the club hasn't been sold, but I'd say there's no appetite for the money pit that is a PL club; this is evident by the fact none have changed hands since 2012.

Protests: I love it how people keep getting all angry on internet forums, and will literally post countless times about their hatred for the owner, but not do anything. How can people accuse Randy of not caring when the only 'care' they show themselves amounts to a few cheap and easy words on the internet. You hate him? You believe we should protest? Go and arrange one. 

i remember you being quite vocal on here about Lambert and how needed to go. How many protests did you start?

The fact that the TV deal ££ is coming surely means that anyone wanting to buy the club does so now so you don't have to pay the inflated price due to larger income. Now is the time to buy a PL club - not next season. 

I don't think Lerner sees it like that. 

Fox is running the club, if you want someone out then it has to be him.  Lerner has lost too much money with and outside the club to donate £30m a year like he used to, so it's down to Fox to run the club in a sustainable way.  Randy wants to sell, but can't, that's just the way it is.

Who employed him? Who chooses not to get involved in the running of the club? Sorry i am not letting that imbecile Lerner hide behind Fox

Be cheaper to buy us once we are relegated for any potential suitors......

Â